Char Color Change

06/20/2009 01:45 Killerobotpirate#1
Hey guys.
Through some experimentation I've found that deleting the files
combat arms\game\'Chars_T_Face.rez' 'Chars_T_Head.rez' and 'Chars_T_Body.rez'
will clear all characters textures. Simply, it turns them white. This is nice in dark maps, but the lighter ones and the snowy ones, its just stupid. it does more harm than good.

I was thinking, If these files were to be edited so that the characters were bright pink, yellow, blue, or green, they would stand out on the map.

Is there any way for these ".rez" files to be edited? If somebody finds a way to edit them, you could package the three in a zip and make them downloadable, for everyone to use as a nice, simple hack (thats completely undetectable!)

***NOTE*** I don't recommend DELETING the Char_t_'*' files, but moveing them to another location (say the bgm folder (combat arms\game\bgm)) so that they can be restored if you don't like the effect.
***NOTE*** This will also change what you look like to yourself. When you gear up, your gauna look pretty funky. you don't look like this to anyone elce.

THANKS ALL!!:pimp:
06/20/2009 09:09 Mark-#2
try rename to .res and take resource hacker may it works?!?
06/20/2009 11:03 sama11#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerobotpirate View Post
Hey guys.
Through some experimentation
stop bsing us, u just reposted that from other forums,
dont make us believe its ur find
06/20/2009 15:07 Killerobotpirate#4
No, i originally found out because of a hack that described "Deleting the Char_t_"*" Files. Why not just alter them?

Don't worry, I'm not bs-ing you. I think its a very good idea, and I've almost figured it out. When i do, ill post them for people to download.
06/20/2009 15:34 Killerobotpirate#5
I have found that only Lithtech Editors will support editing this filetype.
Here's a website about tease tools. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
These tools can be found at [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...].
You need to have AvP2 Installed though. I'm unsure if its up for download at file planet.
Thanks.