Good Ideas for Servers

05/25/2013 15:31 LordGragen.#1
so one of my fav thing is to sit and think of this bad ass things we can add to games, and i HATE! to keep it my self i would like to share them around see people using, so every time i come up with idea i will share it, Please feel free to join me and share if you like comment or click thanks if you like the thread.

so here is the first thing that came up in my mind.

1. Sub Spells/Passive
05/25/2013 16:51 pro4never#2
If you're making it a skill why then combine it with player commands?

Just give them an actual new skill that is an actual passive or has a toggle option. You can even create custom status effects for it being on (healing aura around player for example)

No reason (or excuse) to ever have players using commands ingame outside of say reporting players/bugs and even then there are better ways to handle it.
05/25/2013 17:35 pcs_ffchen#3
We've already incorporated the idea of passive skills (Conquer already supports this if you look at poison blades, defense bows, etc), this idea isn't really too new and I agree with pro4never, you should avoid need to use commands as much as possible.
05/26/2013 00:31 LordGragen.#4
well the ideas i am giving does not have to be the same way its up to the coder to do anything they can with it.
05/26/2013 05:01 pro4never#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
well the ideas i am giving does not have to be the same way its up to the coder to do anything they can with it.
There are plenty of things where things are up to interpretation but in the context of conquer private servers, forcing someone to use a command in order to activate a skill when you have many other, better options is simply arguing for bad gameplay... there's quite literally no arguments for using commands when you could use...

-Passive character skills (cannot be cast/selected but are displayed in game. Are always on but have certain conditions)
-Active/Toggled character skills
-Skill enhanced weapons
-Invisible class/character passives

ALL are better from a gameplay standpoint, are every bit as efficient from a coding standpoint and are fully supported by every patch of conquer.

We are not arguing against your ideas, we are simply saying they are very poorly thought out in the format you argued for them.
05/26/2013 07:35 InfamousNoone#6
Toggled skills haven't always been supported :$
05/26/2013 11:11 LordGragen.#7
no i understand, feel free to share i mean i may give ideas but i am sure the idea can be improved so its cool.

and someone tell me whats toggled skill mean.