In Game Visual Problems

01/06/2013 03:31 killerdiggs#1
I'm working on the source that was released titled, "Snake source 5632 for epvpers" which seems to be Impulses source with very few if any upgrades.

Anyway, in game each char look different on their own screen. Dragon souls do not show and it seems that even some characters are invisible to each other.

So... I digress; how do I go about fixing that problem?

It seems mainly to be dragon souls and weapon accessories. If chars don't wear them they seem to fine. Also steeds all appear as the same lavender steed.... Any help is greatly appreciated
01/08/2013 05:02 Real~Death#2
ask in the private server section
01/08/2013 06:00 JohnHeatz#3
#Moved to the right section
01/08/2013 09:33 v0rpal#4
Chars being inv to eachother can be a thing related to the map type.
It seems that some things (packets) are not sent correctly to the client.
I can be wrong, so don't take this for granted.
01/08/2013 14:46 pro4never#5
that's a screen issue. For clients to display to eachother, the server needs to properly keep track of who is visible to eachother and send the appropriate spawn packets.

Invisible clients = no spawn entity packet being sent
No visible Dragon Souls = incorrectly filled out spawn packet
01/08/2013 16:39 killerdiggs#6
It seems to be mainly the dragon souls that don't show. As well as weapon accessories randomly popping up on people. like a trojan will have a dragon bone show when it shouldn't.

@pro4nver thanks again
01/08/2013 19:38 go for it#7
i guess that should explain the problem better
names are fucked up
effects of dragon souls are fucked up
effects of skills are fucked up
so guess that's the entity packet as pro4never mentioned
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
ill try to guess it with break point , will post solution if it worked out

edit:
so far made a packet logger (still developing it , packets are so fucked up , still looking for the packet structure and guessing) , sorry didn't fix it yet gota get ready for my exams , if i've fixed it ill post the right packet structure/filling
but honestly this source is so fucked up , been maybe +20 hrs working on it and it still need more work
here is what i've did so far
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]