Ensure You're Not Scammed

11/26/2012 02:40 Devarion#1
So, I was wondering if there is any way to ensure you're not scammed after buying an account. I'm buying with a Credit Card using Paypal. The thing is, the person can just provide information to Riot Support to get the account back. You can ask for the Original Email, but he can just lie about that. Is there any way at all you can make sure the person cannot take the account back?
11/26/2012 02:44 noni1996#2
There is no possible way, but if he does scam you, call your credit card company and get a charge back on the transaction. Paypal will refund you the entire amount since they have to abide by the CC company's rules and not theirs.
11/26/2012 03:02 Devarion#3
But the guy that scammed you still gets away with the money.. I think I just won't try to buy an account anymore, not safe enough.
11/26/2012 03:17 xMAAK#4
Well before you do the trade maybe you can ask for the login to the support email attached to the account 1st, and make sure its real by checking ticket history and stuff ( all accounts must have tickets by now...) and you will see alll that shiz and username used. Idk.
11/26/2012 03:42 maxolofix#5
I realize that there is no any way to be safe here(Buy or sell)it is just too many scammers and not even 10% people here are real buyers or sellers!!

Thats the big true of trade section on this site!!!

Will not buy or sell anything ever again,here or at any other site!!!

Not worth!!!

Play your accounts made by you,whats the point to have 2k elo or ufo corki etc...when you didnt get it yourself,whats the point to have 1350 wins,when you won maybe 30 from those,this is just my newest thinking about all of this.

Im done whit this!!

regards>max
11/26/2012 04:12 Devarion#6
Yeah. The chance of getting scammed is just way too high. There's no way to ensure that the account you buy can't be taken back. Also, for sellers there's no way to prevent a person from doing a chargeback or dispute. All of this is really risky, I think I'll just stay away from it and work on an account to get all the champs the hard way.
11/26/2012 04:20 KingCum#7
He can't lie about what e-ail he used to register. Ask for the "welcome to Riot Games e-mail " under the user name on that e-mail.
11/26/2012 04:54 noni1996#8
I believe that a real League Account trade should take 1-2 days.
Get MM
Ask for email then open a support ticket trying to get the account back.
Get the information for the ticket from the guy.
If the ticket is successful and you get the password reset then pay the guy.
11/26/2012 08:29 maxolofix#9
It is not impossible but still from 300 traders maybe but BIG MAYBE 5 will do trade 2 days and whit checking all what you mention,this site is know for fast buy or sell etc whit chance to be scammed about 85%......
11/26/2012 09:47 Fineforme#10
Quote:
I believe that a real League Account trade should take 1-2 days.
Get MM
Ask for email then open a support ticket trying to get the account back.
Get the information for the ticket from the guy.
If the ticket is successful and you get the password reset then pay the guy.
and after that noone would pay 1 cent to the acc seller ,couse u already has every information for the acc

so that way ppl buying would be scamming

there is just no good solution about that , dont buy /sell acc's

i wanted to sell my smurf useless acc couse i dont play it but than when i was thinking noone is safe in that trade so i just didnt sell it
11/26/2012 09:48 Sanctizer#11
ive sold multiple accounts here and no one has ever had a problem. But all the accounts i sell i can guarantee wont get called back
11/26/2012 13:30 xMAAK#12
most of we get scammed is ethier because we didnt do enough research on the person..or use the epvp system.

If someone says this is the mm we will use and you get added by them, ask to get pmed from the account for example.. not just taking the guys word for it lol.

we gotta use brains now and outsmart the scammers :P and most of them are kids or gipsy any ways.
11/26/2012 13:41 nhcoohrh#13
I don't agree with the comment this trade forum is only "scammers" and we can't trade here.

I think it's one of the few trade foruns were the feedback system is well implemented (still need some improvemens).

So if you are a buyer, buy from people with good feedback, and check if this feedback it's not fake, since many people have trades for nothing with "++" and you can check what was his trade for...if he already sold another accounts for example.

Buying a LoL account it's always an act of faith, yes you should ask for the main details like email,date of creation, location. However still other can recover the account.

Use paypal as payment method, if you wanna be "safer".

But yes account it's only safe if it's really yours :p, that's why I have a service of power lvl. many people think it's safer like this since they created the account with their email.