Silkroad Private Server Requirements

10/24/2012 19:05 outanmax#1
Hello, I want to host Silkroad private server on dedicated server. What are the Requirements to host the server with 1000 online players?

Is this one good ? : [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Please, help me to find good and cheap game hosting service :)

Thank you.
10/24/2012 19:52 caine_neros#2
Well, first you have to hit that 1000 players online:)!
And I think it's not enought^^!
10/24/2012 19:56 theross#3
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

this one is far enough.
everybody else who claims that it is not good enough, is in m eyes a little kid who thinks that you should have at least 128GB of ram. spoiled jerks ;)
besides, i'm sure these people will also advise you using sql server 2008r2, or even better, 2012. because newer=better. which is completely stupid. and as soon as these people actually work on IT they'll notice what i'm talking about. (if you children hack any joymax servers, check the mssql-server versions they are running -> 2000!)

S4y isn't the best provider, but it's the cheapest one... kinda.
don't chose an american server location as you'll get real problems with them, as their connection is limited to 50kbyte/sec per connection outside USA attached to a ping of about 500ms. impossible to play like that for people outside the US.
The server speed/latency from european servers is awesome - even to the USA.
10/24/2012 19:58 PortalDark#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post

this one is far enough.
everybody else who claims that it is not good enough, is in m eyes a little kid who thinks that you should have at least 128GB of ram. spoiled jerks ;)
besides, i'm sure these people will also advise you using sql server 2008r2, or even better, 2012. because newer=better. which is completely stupid. and as soon as these people actually work on IT they'll notice what i'm talking about.

don't chose an american one. you'll get real problems with them, as their connection is limited to 50kbyte/sec outside USA attached to a ping of about 500ms. impossible to play like that for people outside the US.
it is pretty good. i dont know their support but the specification are good enough
10/24/2012 20:41 CapitanJack#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post

this one is far enough.
besides, i'm sure these people will also advise you using sql server 2008r2, or even better, 2012. because newer=better. which is completely stupid. and as soon as these people actually work on IT they'll notice what i'm talking about. (if you children hack any joymax servers, check the mssql-server versions they are running -> 2000!)

don't chose an american server location as you'll get real problems with them, as their connection is limited to 50kbyte/sec per connection outside USA attached to a ping of about 500ms. impossible to play like that for people outside the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
it is pretty good. i dont know their support but the specification are good enough
Uhm did i saw it right or you gota pay 200$ for server setup o.O?
10/24/2012 21:22 theross#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanJack View Post
Uhm did i saw it right or you gota pay 200$ for server setup o.O?
whoooah :-O yeah... it used to be free a few months ago.
10/24/2012 21:36 CapitanJack#7
thats why it only 49$ xD
and only 200$ for setup lolz ^^
10/24/2012 21:51 outanmax#8
What about hetzner? It is european hosting - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] it is 49 Euro?
10/24/2012 21:58 CapitanJack#9
as iw herd thats a gr8 hoster
and if you gona order there i would tell you take this one

cuz the one for 49€ got setup fee another 49€
and the one i linked cost 59€ and it has no fee on setup
10/24/2012 22:32 theross#10

:)
10/25/2012 01:04 Callum#11
you are doing too much planning ahead, but that's a good idea. Most servers didn't reach 1k players in their first week, even first month..