[Discussion] Silkroad 2 by W1nt

10/21/2012 15:59 VolIXuK#1
Quote:
Hello everyone.
Since Silkroad is getting older and older I decited to create Silkroad 2.
I import alot of stuff from Silkroad and it's just beginning.

What is already in game ?
- Character who can jump / climb / swim / run / walk / control using WSAD
- At this moment I created one huge map with 4 castles and 3 towns (Samarkand / Jangan / Hotan)
- Ragdoll
- First person mode / Third person mode
- Buildings to which you can enter

Things to do :
- Spawn points of mobs
- Inventory
- Storage
- Pickable stuff (armor / weapons)
- Dropable stuff (armor / weapons)
- Alchemy (I thinking about it but with this one will be hard)
- Uniques

As soon as possible I'll open beta test server with people who will have code to their accounts. But with this one we need to wait little.
Trailer:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

so what do u think about this one ? is it fail or true ?
10/21/2012 16:13 Lukz1337#2
100% fake,hes just a video editor,not a coder or a designer or w/e.
10/21/2012 16:45 Haze*#3
To everyone around who says it's fake - it's not. The game is real, it's based on an engine called Unity or something like that. It's not exactly real silkroad, but a fan project by Wint.

Just shut the fuck up if you don't know a shit about the project.
10/21/2012 17:44 LastThief*#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
To everyone around who says it's fake - it's not. The game is real, it's based on an engine called Unity or something like that. It's not exactly real silkroad, but a fan project by Wint.

bullshit bullshit everywhere
10/21/2012 17:49 Haze*#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
bullshit bullshit everywhere
Yeah, all of these randoms pretending to know something... while they don't. Sad.
10/21/2012 17:57 phreeak#6
Unity3D and its a Free Engine, its possible to create a silkroad clone... All u need is a good knowledge is C++, C# or JavaScript to write the Scripts (Unity3D is script based) and know how to make 3D Models (like on Cinema 4D or Maya) its only a shitload of work for one man.
10/21/2012 18:08 IceAmStiel#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolIXuK View Post
is it fail or true ?
It's true that he's creating a small game, the software he's using is called [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...].
I wouldn't call it a fail since it's rather a fan project than a serious attempt to develop "the" Silkroad 2 - which wouldn't even be possible to officially release due to copyright violations, I assume.
10/21/2012 18:10 CapitanJack#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post

Finaly someone smart
ppl who dont know wint cant tell a shit abot him
as always there r ppl who think they know everything
10/21/2012 18:18 鳳凰城#9
You can remove the background/remove the main character , crop/render the main assassine creed's character as you want with the whole motion .. So , for someone's pro in after effects like w1ntor , nothing impossible.
10/21/2012 18:26 nati114#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
You can remove the background/remove the main character , crop/render the main assassine creed's character as you want with the whole motion .. So , for someone's pro in after effects like w1ntor , nothing impossible.

it's not editing... he just bought models from unity assets store

how I said on youtube:

"Ehh everything created in Unity3D and most of those model has been bought from assets store, so you will be able to create game like this in about 1 week (design terrain can take so much time), if you really want to create game like this, remember that you will need to pay to register game name, which cost about 10-30k $, next thing is that you can take models from another game, and you need to keep in mind that to create networking for the game, .NET is needed."
10/21/2012 18:41 ŧǿρĤ#11
fake , or true , doesn't matter
10/21/2012 19:41 IceAmStiel#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ŧǿρĤ View Post
fake , or true , doesn't matter
Almighty topH has spoken, wint you better remove immediately every related file of your worthless game and DARE to start a new project!
10/21/2012 19:48 Haxor#13
He just posted a trailer and i doubt he can really finish it

Quote:
Things to do :
- Spawn points of mobs
- Inventory
- Storage
- Pickable stuff (armor / weapons)
- Dropable stuff (armor / weapons)
- Alchemy (I thinking about it but with this one will be hard)
- Uniques
Lol this can take ages of coding
need like 100+ persons to work in it
10/21/2012 19:53 w1nt0r#14
It's not fake. I working on it, I bought some products from asset store which I improved to my project. Models are from Silkroad. I'm not pro at C++ / Java but nothing is impossible. True that I working on it as a single person but already I have many pm's with help. So soon I will have team and we can work on game harder. So if any of you dont know anything, please dont write any stupid posts.

I need to change name of game because of copyrights from Joymax. But this one will be easiest thing.
10/21/2012 19:54 arej100#15
We can say something:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted :).