Im sorry :/

10/19/2012 04:20 Thelune#1
Hey guys sorry for doing this yet again.. But I am kinda stuck. I have been reading and watching vids for a week now and still cant figure it out. And I know its going to be something so noob simple..

OS - Win 7 x64
Using VMware and the 1 click method.

The server seems to be working fine. But I am so new to this I am not sure how to connect to the server itself within Win 7 Am I missing a DL of some files? I mean I downloaded all the required files. But like.. I don't know what I am supposed to do with the dk-launcher deal.. Im sorry lol. Im really tired and been trying to figure this out all day. Im not trying to make a public server. More of a test server for me. Just something to mess around on and learn on.

So if anyone can help that would be great :)
10/19/2012 17:04 HellSpider#2
I assume "dk-launcher deal" means you have not been able to start the gameclient?

Just run dekaron.exe, skip the launcher stuff. If the executable doesn't run on doubleclick, create a shortcut to it and append sel0 to the filepath.
10/19/2012 18:47 Hesorio1u#3
Dear Thelune, u must create your share folder only (with IP's) afther it put it on client, u can download client everywhere.. afther it go to bin and start dekaron.exe u will able to join your server... For Launcher search "Dekaron how to make launcher" theres is also tutorial how to edit launcher background, textfile's and other... I can help u Visual on it... Send me message on Inbox of EPVP
10/19/2012 22:54 Thelune#4
EDIT:

.All the files are either corrupt/broken or return errors when extracting...

When extracting [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] I get this error.

Quote:
Extracting file: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\dekaron200mb.part 01.rar
Extracting to "C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\dekaron200mb.par t01\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Extracting dekaron\564d5899-06d6-0055-c0ae-e8ca5fc4812e.vmem OK
Extracting dekaron\564d5899-06d6-0055-c0ae-e8ca5fc4812e.vmem.lck\M00301.lck OK
Extracting dekaron\shaiya.vmdk Error: CRC mismatch in file "dekaron\shaiya.vmdk" in the archive "C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\dekaron200mb.par t01.rar"
When extracting [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] I get this error.

Quote:
Extracting data\texture\monster\horror_yetirion_bow.dds Error: CRC mismatch in file "data\texture\monster\horror_yetirion_bow.dds" in the archive "C:\Dekaron Server\[RELEASE]Action 9 Client an Server Share\Full Client\Dekaron.rar"
When Loading up the server It stops right here... And nothing changes no matter how long you wait.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I might even go as far as dropping someone a few bucks for helping me out. :mofo:
10/22/2012 12:13 BlackLixt#5
use this it's more stable but i hope u are using wmware 7 cause if u use 8 it's not gonna work also not to forget u also have to do this:


1.Open up WinMySQL (if it instantly closes the window - rightclick the trayicon and select "Show Me").
2.Goto "my.ini setup". and move the two lines "user=root" and "password=pass" from where they are initially (red) to
up to the [mysqld] section (green). ("moving" means copy&pasting those lines and deleting the old ones in case I wasn't clear enough)

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/xampp/mysql
#bind-address=localhost
datadir=C:/xampp/mysql/data
#language=C:/xampp/mysql/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
user=root
password=pass
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/xampp/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
user=root
password=pass

3. Click "Save Modification


and if u need other help with it u can find it here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
10/23/2012 22:38 Thelune#6
Here is where im at. I changed all the IP's to the Hamachi address on the server&client side. I unpacked data.pak and posted the contents in the in /data. I copied the Share folder from server and replaced share in client. When click the launcher it loads up but just says Connecting....

@HellSpider - Im not sure how to do that. I right dekaron.exe create a shortcut, right click>Properties> type sel0, /sel0, /sel-0, sel-0.. No difference what I put. The client will not launch.

@BlackLixt - Like one has reached its limit. So I can not DL it.
10/23/2012 23:06 HellSpider#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelune View Post
Here is where im at. I changed all the IP's to the Hamachi address on the server&client side. I unpacked data.pak and posted the contents in the in /data. I copied the Share folder from server and replaced share in client. When click the launcher it loads up but just says Connecting....

@HellSpider - Im not sure how to do that. I right dekaron.exe create a shortcut, right click>Properties> type sel0, /sel0, /sel-0, sel-0.. No difference what I put. The client will not launch.

@BlackLixt - Like one has reached its limit. So I can not DL it.
Make sure that the in the shortcut properties window, in the Target field after the last " type space + sel0.

Like ...dekaron.exe" sel0
10/23/2012 23:26 Thelune#8
Yea that is what I tried. IT doesn't load at all..

Okay last question I will ever ask about this.. I need a step by step walkthrough on how to connect a client to the server. It doesn't matter what I do.. I can't connect to it.. Can someone please help me for 5 min? lol...