Scammers on this site

02/27/2009 13:28 togaman67#1
I have tried twice now to purchase an item from two different people and in both cases I paid what they asked via paypal and then never received the item nor did they ever return any emails. As such, I won't be buying anything else and I encourage everyone else not to as well. This latest person had a username of Nebiros and his real life name is Nacho Garcia Meres. He may use a different log in so be careful of any postings. Its too bad there are people like this in the world in general adn specific to this website, they make what was intended to be a useful site for players to trade useless. I am sure there are many other scammers on this site so I urge everyone not to buy unless the seller is willing to give you the item first and then you pay them.

Good luck.
02/27/2009 14:08 ti3stoflight#2
Thats unlucky mate, ive only been scammed once someone who actually turned out to be an cm gm or atleast working with him in making uniques... but all them items were deleted along with mine.

An idea would be to put down the information of whoever the scammer was... they can use different names on here and msn... but its hard to change your paypal details so if you post the scammers paypal details they have no chance of scamming people unless they make a new paypal account?

allthough im not sure what the rules would be on posting scammers paypal details even if they did scam you.
02/27/2009 22:33 togaman67#3
thanks for the idea

his paypal was [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

hope this helps someone
02/28/2009 02:52 stark4starks#4
I got this offer for my account from this dude named Overflow. after i had gotten the money and he had gotten my account, He claimed an unauthorized transaction or w/e on paypal. Right now im am fighting for that money. Your right though I cant believe that there are people out there who would abuse peoples trust and decency. I guess this dude did it to a few other people as well.
02/28/2009 03:02 togaman67#5
given its apparent people are using this site to scam people - maybe they could charge for access - atleast then people would lose out if they pulled this crap as opposed to creating a new login to do it again - I know I would pay for a respectable honest site
02/28/2009 14:20 stark4starks#6
That is a great idea. paying say, 5 bucks a month or whatever is worth not losing a good chunk of cash to some thief.
03/09/2009 17:52 Neuroaleph#7
If u wanto to buy a unique from Archlord the only way is to avoid scam is buying with ingame currency. Cuz paypal and all is too risky they get the money and give u nothing and i dont think many ppl will give you the item first then check for money. so there is no way

there is the 50% 50% trade lol

u pay 50% then u trade and then u pay 50%

so u can loose 50% if the dont trade u and the seller can loose 50% if u dont pay the other half so is no good either.

too many ppl scamming so is better not to buy uniques or Accounts there is no way to avoid scam

just buy gold and coins and buy ingame :cool:
03/09/2009 19:03 Harry01#8
I suppose if you want to buy accounts, you have to just trust the other person and hope they dont scam you thats the only way, or i mean they could give u the username first then half the money then the password then the rest of the money, but they could still give you the wrong info, so its a hard dissision to make.