GW2-Downloader Problem

08/13/2012 19:55 vsairwaves#1
Hallo,
Ich habe mir von der GW2 Seite schonmal den Downloader geholt, um bei Release direkt zocken zu können :).

Jetzt habe ich nur das Problem, dass wenn ich ihn starte er zwar anfängt mit "Downloading (...Mbit) ...Kbps" aber nach ca. 5 Sekunden kommt dieser Fehler:
Code:
*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: Unable to execute patch file 'C:\Users\Rene\AppData\Local\Temp\Gw2.tmp'
File: ..\..\..\Engine\Patch\Patch.cpp(321)
App: Gw2.exe 
Pid: 3232
Cmdline: -allowInstall
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 14816
When: 2012-08-13T17:47:26Z 2012-08-13T19:47:26+02:00
Uptime:   0 days  0:00:52
Flags: 0
Ich habe auch schon versucht als Administrator auszuführen, es hilft nichts.
Mein Betriebssystem ist Windows 7 Ultimate x64
08/13/2012 23:14 Tenaka#2
Seltsamer Fehler ...

Die einzige Idee, ausserhalb von "Wende dich an den GW2 Support und lass dir da helfen..." ist:

Quote:
To reinstall, simply delete everything in your GW2 folder except gw2.exe. Then launch gw2.exe. To run the -repair function;

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”

Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end.

Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”

Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

Double click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” to start the repair process.

Once completed, please try starting Guild Wars 2 again.
Warnung! Es kann sein, dass GW2 dann komplett neu runtergeladen wird.
08/13/2012 23:24 vsairwaves#3
Gerade ausprobiert, bringt nichts, bevor da irgendwas vonwegen Repair kommen könnte kommt der selbe Fehler.
Habe auf meinem Mac eine Windows-Partition, mit Windows Home Premium x64, hier funktioniert das ganze reibungslos. Nur auf dem kann ich nicht wirklich und möchte ich auch nicht zocken.

Ich denke ich werde demnächst einfach auf diesen Rechner auch Home Premium aufspielen, Ultimate macht mir nur Probleme.
08/13/2012 23:50 Alexharvey52#4
I am also getting this problem. All fixes I have tried so far dont work.

Here is a video of it:

and a post i put on a guild wars 2 forum: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
08/14/2012 00:09 Tenaka#5
Okay.. next try..

Look into your GW2 folder.. when the information I found are correct, you should've a file named "Gw2.tmp" which has the same size as the "Gw2.exe"..

Rename the "Gw2.exe" to "Gw2.exe_" and then rename the "Gw2.tmp" to "Gw2.exe".

Afterwards try starting the "new" "Gw2.exe" ..

This should fix your problems.
08/14/2012 00:19 Alexharvey52#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaka View Post
Okay.. next try..

Look into your GW2 folder.. when the information I found are correct, you should've a file named "Gw2.tmp" which has the same size as the "Gw2.exe"..

Rename the "Gw2.exe" to "Gw2.exe_" and then rename the "Gw2.tmp" to "Gw2.exe".

Afterwards try starting the "new" "Gw2.exe" ..

This should fix your problems.
"Not a valid winows application"
08/14/2012 01:20 vsairwaves#7
same here
08/14/2012 10:28 Tenaka#8
Some people tried to reinstall their graphic drivers... which worked for some so far.. at least it is worth a try :)

Otherwise try to move the files to another folder and start it from there..

Edit: Tried this one?
Quote:
From your gw2.exe, make a shortcut and click "Properties" after you right-click the shortcut. Then in Target, put at the VERY END, -useoldlauncher; Start again
08/15/2012 01:07 Alexharvey52#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaka View Post
Some people tried to reinstall their graphic drivers... which worked for some so far.. at least it is worth a try :)

Otherwise try to move the files to another folder and start it from there..

Edit: Tried this one?
I updated my graphics driver, but the only one on the amd website for the 6950 was the beta for the new one.
08/15/2012 17:22 vsairwaves#10
Wenn ich die Methode mit dem Shortcut versuche kommt ein anderes Fenster,(-oldlauncher entsprechend) bei dem steht 0% und Mit Arena.net verbinden. Auch hier kommt nach ca. 10 Sekunden die Fehlermeldung wie oben geschildert.

€: btw, Alexharvey52 which OS are u using?