L2j protection against IG walkers

11/23/2008 18:26 ZoManX#1
It's a kinda intresting information imo, and new for me. I tried the new Gracia Part II IG walker on L2j. After 7 mins, a GM arrived to tell me: botting is not allowed.

I was wondering how could he catch me so fast... after a lil thinking I got the answer:

When you start botting, the server logs your movements and skill uses. After some minutes the server spawns invisible mobs, that the walker start hitting. Finally the GM get message, that some1 hit the invisible creature...

More intresting: if the walker start hitting the invisible mobs, you cant see the character's casting and mob's name/hp.

With L2NET the result is the same.

Server: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
11/23/2008 23:34 emir0n#2
hm interesting ... did some research about the protection or its just info from observing ?
11/24/2008 06:41 ZoManX#3
It's just info yet. I've never seen this in other servers..
But with this protection, normal bots can be killed everywhere. And scripts can't help, coz imo the problem is the walker's auto targeting.
11/27/2008 08:01 Razor aka 2Fast#4
maybe solution for this problem will be setting up names of mobs which walker can atk. I think that if u disable atk for all mobs and just setting up mobs that u see, walker will not atk this invisible mobs but this is only my theory.
11/27/2008 20:55 mrjukic#5
and what if you use next target option ( that will for shure target invisible monster too) even you are normal loged in game! So i think invisible mobs are good idea but not 100% safe that some1 is boting, cos when i play normal i use next target offten!:-)
11/28/2008 22:34 ZoManX#6
you cant "next target" the invisible mobs. and the invisible mob's name is the same as the normal mob. so u cant set in walker. nice protaction :/