Source in Python

04/25/2012 13:23 I don't have a username#1
Has there ever been done one that I could use as reference or something? Or I'd be totally on my own feets? I tried search, but had no result and didn't really expect any results anyway.

:)
04/25/2012 13:36 Korvacs#2
I recall a project like 6/5 years ago that was python based, how far it got or what happened to it i cant tell you, but nowadays im sure you would be on your own with this.
04/25/2012 14:10 Captivate#3
As far as I know clinton wrote a bot using Python, when it comes to a source.. dunno about that.
04/25/2012 14:14 Korvacs#4
Writing a source in Python would be a bad move anyways due to the threading issues it has.
04/25/2012 14:32 I don't have a username#5
Yeah, was not gonna use it for anything, just learning purpose :P

Which threading issues are you talking about tho? :)
04/25/2012 14:42 Korvacs#6
Python uses a Global Interpreter Lock, which basically switches processing between threads which basically boils down to sequential multi-threading, no 2 threads will be processed at the same time. Which in principle is fine as technically speaking this is how all threads are processed at a CPU level, however Pythons implementation of this is flawed, so when you get multiple threads and multiple cores the GIL basically has threads competing against each other for the lock as they are on different CPUs which results in dramatic decreases in performance to the point where you might aswell run a single threaded application.

Read this for detailed explanation [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
04/25/2012 14:56 I don't have a username#7
Thanks a lot for that, will read it ^^