[Release] Albetros Custom Source (Latest Hellmouth)

12/03/2011 12:06 diedwarrior#61
Ok ok, i was just joking... and i got no idea if you can put a virus or not, was just joking...
12/03/2011 12:46 Captivate#62
Quote:
Originally Posted by diedwarrior View Post
Ok ok, i was just joking... and i got no idea if you can put a virus or not, was just joking...
Excuse me for not laughing cause of the joke, I laughed at your stupidity.
12/03/2011 13:53 ernis007#63
hello guys, is there a problem with my MVS 2010 that when i try to debug Albetros.sln, or any other .sln file in MVS, it just closes, or pops up an error to ''close program'' table.. wtf is wrong ? -.- i had this same hell, when i tried to debug other sources before.. im doing this my first time so pls help :) got win7 64bit.

# and how do you execute FullBackup.sql file without using Navicat like proo4never said...
12/03/2011 14:34 KraHen#64
I hereby ask permission to use the MySqlHandler dll for a future project. :)
12/03/2011 16:23 diedwarrior#65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate View Post
Excuse me for not laughing cause of the joke, I laughed at your stupidity.
You're excused, yes i'm not that smart, did i say i'm smart ? no i didnt so idc.
Edit: Hey, what's up with the forum, some times the spaces never appear.
12/03/2011 17:43 pro4never#66
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
I hereby ask permission to use the MySqlHandler dll for a future project. :)
It's not mine...

It's from impulse's base 5165 source iirc which was also used in elite coemu. This might be an edited version I have no clue anymore lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernis007 View Post
hello guys, is there a problem with my MVS 2010 that when i try to debug Albetros.sln, or any other .sln file in MVS, it just closes, or pops up an error to ''close program'' table.. wtf is wrong ? -.- i had this same hell, when i tried to debug other sources before.. im doing this my first time so pls help :) got win7 64bit.

# and how do you execute FullBackup.sql file without using Navicat like proo4never said...
Sounds like there's an issue in your visual studio install if you can't open other projects either.

I'd try doing a reinstall of visual studio (might take some time but if it's not just this source you can't open then that's a big issue). As for executing the database backup... you can execute it in whatever sql management tool you like it's just that navicat is the most common choice. I'm positive you could do it just with sql console commands but personally I prefer using a gui. Just do a quick google search on "restoring mysql backup" or something like that.
12/03/2011 20:40 KraHen#67
Well, nvm, we`re switching to MSSQL.

Looked into this NHibernate, apart from the pain in the ass that I couldn`t set it up for an hour (loads of outdated tutorials, and I`m cool and don`t use the cfgs provided in the download) I really like it. Btw I found this source overall a really great resource, much thanks for that. :)
12/04/2011 11:41 ernis007#68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
It's not mine...

It's from impulse's base 5165 source iirc which was also used in elite coemu. This might be an edited version I have no clue anymore lol.

Sounds like there's an issue in your visual studio install if you can't open other projects either.

I'd try doing a reinstall of visual studio (might take some time but if it's not just this source you can't open then that's a big issue). As for executing the database backup... you can execute it in whatever sql management tool you like it's just that navicat is the most common choice. I'm positive you could do it just with sql console commands but personally I prefer using a gui. Just do a quick google search on "restoring mysql backup" or something like that.
Hm thanks :) i reinstalled microsoft visual studio 2010, but it still just opens the .sln file, but just when i try to debug it , it closes... :/ anyway, ill keep trying to do something with it, who knows , maybe it will work one day haha :handsdown:

Maybe i had to do something else before debugging than just changing those 2 .cfg and .cfg.xml file names in to my machine name, and copying them in both bin folders, then extracting backup file ?
like, editing enything else? some simples steps which were not in the guide and as my second time trying i didnt know them ? hm?
12/04/2011 16:49 turk55#69
here is a small guide on using the database, download MYSQL 5.5+ here is a link : [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] just set it up and you will be able to execute the SQL
12/04/2011 20:43 ernis007#70
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
here is a small guide on using the database, download MYSQL 5.5+ here is a link : [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] just set it up and you will be able to execute the SQL
yah i got that version of mysql when pro4never was talking about it. and i did execute the fullbackup.sql file with navicat... but the problem i got is with trying to debug with MVS v10.0.. something .. then it just closes and nothing happens.. atm im trying to uninstall everything of MVS and install all MVS again..
12/04/2011 20:54 Kiyono#71
For those that like those packages instead of downloading MySQL from the MySQL site, XAMPP works.
12/05/2011 00:17 turk55#72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
For those that like those packages instead of downloading MySQL from the MySQL site, XAMPP works.
why downloading 128+ mb if you can download 31 mb and it working the same way :awesome:
12/05/2011 00:48 Kiyono#73
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
why downloading 128+ mb if you can download 31 mb and it working the same way :awesome:
I honestly don't know but you always see people say download package X instead of go to the MySQL site and download it there.
Anyway, this thread is less active than I had expected it to be.
12/05/2011 03:10 pro4never#74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
I honestly don't know but you always see people say download package X instead of go to the MySQL site and download it there.
Anyway, this thread is less active than I had expected it to be.
Same... I expected massive spam of "OMG IT DOESN'T WORK" but the silence around this thread really goes to show just how dead private server development is...

Obviously I never finished this source but it definitely has some very useful stuff in there and (as far as I've seen in all our testing) is rock solid as far as the server base.

Too bad I never bothered making any promotional videos when it was up and running. Might have gone a ways to show people how much is really done.
12/05/2011 12:14 ernis007#75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Same... I expected massive spam of "OMG IT DOESN'T WORK" but the silence around this thread really goes to show just how dead private server development is...
it is sure dead. Most of pservs i've played so far, ar so boring lol, and idk why but owners do nothing to change that, or they log in like once in two weeks for an hour but doesn't even respond to whispers. Laziness. Thats why im still trying to launch this source :P wanna do '' something ''. And of course this is my first time so learning is the most important :)