Accountserver errors out

11/24/2011 16:35 karnyge#1
Before I start, I apologise to all members, mods and whoever for whatever has gone on. I am just so frustrated. I would also like to thank, openly and without reservation -IDLEMONKEY, for his assistance yesterday.
I am not intending to create an online server, I want one for personal use, to allow me to learn things, mess around, break it, etc etc. Like most of you more experienced have done.
Due to my antivirus being an ass, i deleted it. Now i am trying to rebuild, using the ChaosOnline DB and Client
So here goes-

I keep getting a message in the msgserver that says -
connect to account server again

And the NPC says-
connect to game server again

I know someone will tell me to check all the config files and the shell file and remove my.ini - i have done all of these things. I enclose a screenshot to show these files.

Please some help me sort this out so i can leave you all alone and co-exist peaceful like.
11/24/2011 17:17 PraDevil[ELITE]#2
done changing your ip to 127.0.0.1 from 192.168.0.2?(just my opinion:))
11/24/2011 17:38 karnyge#3
Done. Thank you IDLEMONKEY.

Now the error Server down.
This is due to the oem file being incorrect? But what part, IP, DB IP, name?
Figured that one out myself. Thanks people.
11/24/2011 17:50 Eurion#4
Majority of the time, its the ip or ports not being forwarded correctly, I've never tried running it from my internal ip, but I would assume you still need your ports to be forwarded correctly.
11/24/2011 17:50 idlemonkey#5
just make sure they all match your gameserver files and like I mentioned before all of the files have to be exactly the same so in answer to yoru question about which part? .. by default you should check them all your oem should look just like your config also as I mentioned before not many people will come and set it up for you (even fewer twice in a row) once you do get it working make a backup rar file so you dont have to go through the trouble again
11/24/2011 18:05 karnyge#6
Yeah i did that IDLE, it was the DAT file needed to edit out ChaosOnline and put in Test.

well this one i have searched for and searched for until my head hurts and there is nothing even remotely similar about, so ...........

Everytime i start the accountserver i get an error about odbc and local host cannot connect or access the db.
(See attached image file for this.)

Merged

Every time I log off the server the account server crashes, and the database goes stupid. Allow me to explain that lol.
Basically, everytime i use the navicat to open the db i find all the tables are mixed up. Some tables will have items, euds and other things in but rarely is the things in the table that should be there.

Someone out there must know whats going on

Been through all the set-up guides, all the common errors associated with setting up, and a few others, nothing helps.
Its now got so i dont know if i am coming or going.

Dang!! Sorry didnt mean to double post.
11/25/2011 05:17 mama12#7
Replace BIN forlder from another db. Or here is the manequins one.
11/25/2011 05:33 idlemonkey#8
check your other programs man ... you have so many things running all at once on your computer you probably have more than a few compatibility issues going and youre using all of your resources.. this might cause the issue. the other thing you can try is changing the master ip to 127.0.0.1 in each of your config files like pradadevil suggested.. (this is your localhost ip) it might be that too many things are trying to connect to the same places in different directions so to speak and when you close one it might close be closing the connection while another thing is using it... either way this is a theory Im not even close to being an expert on these things lol

no matter what you do dont forget to backup first

either way its not hard to re open the acc server either when you want to log back in and test some more