[Project] Players ID

05/22/2008 14:33 elgrillao#1
Well, i will start researching this. I will explain it a bit, any help will be wellcome.

How can the server know who we are? IP? No, cause then no more than one player can play with the same ip and that will be a problem for the gamiing centers (dunno if you call them so in english, i mean places where you can pay to use a computer and play games or do whatever you want).

So, there must be an ID for each player. I dont know yet if this ID is static or if the server gives you one every time you log in. If you can find your ID and change it, you will be able to do all the things the other ID can do, and well, control him. There are many possibilities, like taking a GM ID and use GM commands.

The problems of trying to find this are that it would be very difficult to find it (if not impossible), and to get this cheat work, cause CCR should have made some protection for this.

Pls, if someone knows that this is impossible post it so i wont waste my time trying to find this. Thx
05/22/2008 17:04 ohmelx#2
nice idea. but i think you need some serious hacking to achieve that.

well you can try to use WPE, CE or other hacking tools and record packets of data being send when you try to login in rf server. but i guess it wont be that see, or even close to impossible (that's just for me cause im not that good in hacking)
05/22/2008 17:22 Black Hat#3
Post deleted as requested by user.
05/22/2008 23:22 RainFP#4
It is easy to find out your ID and it is not static, it changes every time you login.
05/23/2008 03:39 minori_aoi#5
try to install your own server to know how it worked
05/23/2008 13:12 dclxvi#6
i can change my name and rank from [manipel]xxxxx to [GM]xxxx or anything like [angel]locsin but about the gm name... cant use gm commands T_T