[Release] Server Status Port Checker C# (Source)

04/12/2008 02:10 © Haydz#1
Nope.
04/12/2008 03:52 Hiyoal#2
Ive been learning this stuff in the last week. Instead of making it just for Qonquer though, you should release one in which you specify your own ip and port.

I assume you know how to use

Code:
sock.Connect((object)IPTextBox.Text,(object)PortTextBox.Text)
Very good for new users to WinSockets though, its nice and basic :p

Hiyoal :D
04/12/2008 06:06 high6#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyoal View Post
Ive been learning this stuff in the last week. Instead of making it just for Qonquer though, you should release one in which you specify your own ip and port.

I assume you know how to use

Code:
sock.Connect((object)IPTextBox.Text,(object)PortTextBox.Text)
Very good for new users to WinSockets though, its nice and basic :p

Ive also noticed you used coding to create sockets. I just use an object in which you can place in the GUI.

The dll file can be downloaded [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

All you need to do to get this object is:
  1. Right mouse click on "All Windows Forms" which is in the ToolBox.
  2. Select "Choose Items..."
  3. Click on "COM Components" tab and click the "Browse Button"
  4. Find mswinsck.oxc which is the dll which I have given the link too and Click OK
  5. Scroll down to "Microsoft WinSock Control, version 6.0" and make sure that it is CHECKED

Hiyoal :D
WHY THE HELL!!! Would you use a winsock control when .net gives you a nice neat socket class.


Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
Bad Points:
Port Checking In C# Lags The Application Alot
If your ever going to make a server status checking application... use delphi..
when pressing refresh expect a freeze in the application once again choose delphi...
I Made this example for people incase they have built an application in C#... and need the application to show the status of a server ... and they cant use delphi code in C#...
Good Points:
easy method of Connecting a socket... checking if its connected and then closing the socket... a really easy thing to do in C#
C# is not the problem, the way you wrote the code is.
04/12/2008 06:44 Hiyoal#4
O...LOLOLOL...

Thx High for pointing that out, I just thought that code would be a messy way to make sockets (it really isnt, but neways).

I looked at the socket class and it has WAY more features than my one.

First post edited!!!

Hiyoal :o
04/12/2008 07:29 © Haydz#5
Nope.