Item borders and clock

06/22/2011 14:13 Kyonhism#1
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

This is a screenshoot from Turkish servers . This is EP4.5 but I think it's have some improvements from ep 5 like I showed Item borders , clock , new ranks etc. How I get them in my server ??? Thanks for the every helps ;)
06/22/2011 14:18 kalle801#2
I'm very interested too!

If anyone got an idea, please post it :)
06/22/2011 14:38 RebeccaBlack#3
They're probably .exe edits (ps_game/game), but who knows. Try extracting your client and looking around in there to see about it. The outlines COULD, not saying they are, be client sided in the data.sah/saf. Just extract and look :P
06/22/2011 16:17 castor4878#4
All these GUI new features are defined in the client game.exe
there is also a mini-invasion icon attached to the minimap and a collapsible panel on top of the window for GM toons.

but we can't use that client with our server, or the first mob selection causes a disconnection.
expect of course if we do that famous modification yet done dozens of times for our previous clients but for which I didn't find any info in the whole shaiya hierarchy.

@tnelis, yes there is a few additional resources in /interface folder (main_servertime*.tga) but simply adding them does not make these code-managed items to appear.
06/22/2011 17:09 Kyonhism#5
Thanks for the both informations . But for this border thingy I don't think in data.sah/saf because I already using Turkish client with my server (I only changed game.exe with us version) castor do you know something about that ?
06/22/2011 17:16 castor4878#6
these resources were present in interface folder for a while, long before their actual use by AG clients.

but according what I tested, having these data with our "old client" is not enough.
did you success to have the clock with own "private client" ?
06/22/2011 17:30 Kyonhism#7
Turkish client files have this clock modification but somethings server side I think and I don't know what they are . (I mean server side : codes for required for this modification)
06/23/2011 08:30 RebeccaBlack#8
The clock isn't a local clock, but a clock depicting the server's time. I'd think that either ps_game.exe would have to send the time out, or that game.exe would have to be set to a timezone or something. If it doesn't work on a private server, the former must be true.

As for the item borders, you could try comparing a US game.exe to your Turkish game.exe and seeing if you could add the references or such
06/23/2011 12:08 RebeccaBlack#9
Eh, I think the borders change per item, based off the "Color" of the item. Like Legend, Goddess, etc etc.
06/23/2011 12:24 RebeccaBlack#10
Yeah it would be, we can look around in the Turkish game.exe to see if it'd be possible for US game.exe
06/23/2011 12:34 -Elliot-#11
The clock is not a server side it just a modified game.exe
06/23/2011 12:41 Kyonhism#12
Yeah today I changed all of IPs with 127.0.0.1 because it's more different than US exe and enter the game :) Yeah the clock and borders are here . But castor is right after the selection of first mob , I saw a dc :S

EDIT : Ok I shared my IP edited Turkish game.exe
06/23/2011 12:48 RebeccaBlack#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Elliot- View Post
The clock is not a server side it just a modified game.exe
Cool, thank you for that information.

Kyonhism, would you mind uploading the Turkish game.exe for me?
06/23/2011 12:58 Kyonhism#14
I uploaded it already :D Look my old post :)

EDIT : For clock it needs a game exe modification but it's also need some client files edit .
And it's also same with borders . Now I tried this Turkish exe with US client files are they not here . :S

I think you also need this files for proper work

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

EDIT2 : I saw after the 200.000 kill ranks in the game.exe also . but for bonus stats I think it need a server side modification .

EDIT3 : I tried it for borders with very old files it's from ep 4 not 4.5 . There is no extra ranks , clock , and another ep 4.5 features . Borders still there but after the select a mob I saw same dc :S
06/24/2011 16:50 RebeccaBlack#15
i've been going over the game.exe you sent, i seen where it calls the clock, just no info overi t yet, I'm trying to make it stop causing dc when using the .exe

Good finds!