[C#] Downloadserver.

05/25/2011 11:28 chea77er#1
Video:

Here a little explanation:

You saw a 256.patch file, well, thatīs a simple format which contains path/filename + file size in csv format. Its for the Gatewayserver, so the gateway and the downloadserver haven't to be on the same server/root.

You saw a 256 folder. it just contain the zlib compressed file to patch. Its for the downloadserver.

DL: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I will upload the source soon.

BTW: The *.patch files can be created with the Make_Patch Program.

Features:
- Create patches. with many many files.
- Create more than one patch.
- SilkroadHandshake/Security API (by pushedx)
- You havenīt to host them on the same pc/rootserver.

Credits: me and Pushedx(he made the first proof of concept)

First files are the binaries, second are the source.
05/25/2011 13:06 Rokky93#2
nice work ;)
05/25/2011 18:43 [H2K] ^ LordyK#3
thx this will be very useful for some pk editors ^_^
05/25/2011 19:00 Kape7#4
You need to be running an emulator in order to make it work? It sucks a bit, I only want the download server without have an emulator db configured.

Nice work through.
05/25/2011 21:00 chea77er#5
Ah no, itīs not really an database, i just added it. If want it without db, you have to edit the source..

But I will upload one without database. in some minutes.

Edit: Its done.
05/25/2011 21:09 chea77er#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H2K] ^ LordyK View Post
thx this will be very useful for some pk editors ^_^
nah, you should now that the client automatically creates a new sv.t (version file of silkroad) so after applying a patch, the orginal server will not let you connect.

But still you could edit the sv.t version again. There are already some releases which could generate the Sv.T file.
05/25/2011 21:39 [H2K] ^ LordyK#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chea77er View Post
nah, you should now that the client automatically creates a new sv.t (version file of silkroad) so after applying a patch, the orginal server will not let you connect.

But still you could edit the sv.t version again. There are already some releases which could generate the Sv.T file.
then i can edit source when apply patch , the sv.t version to be untouched , already created this kind of auto-updater but was instable and take time to load all pk files and check and etc ...
05/25/2011 21:54 chea77er#8
no you canīt stop sv.t generation, its clientside, I said you can make a backup of the sv.t file and after a patch you just add the old one again to media.pk2
05/26/2011 03:28 mossy0mylove#9
will i still dont know what is this can some one till me :)
05/26/2011 04:02 qweasd20055#10
nice Work
05/29/2011 02:35 killerlk#11
How exactly do i use this? Its used by the launcher correct?
06/14/2011 21:38 [H2K] ^ LordyK#12
can you give some support for it ? because i can't patch anything and i did same as in video ...

try to put bg_4.dat but where to edit path or ? ... because say patches failed
06/14/2011 21:57 chea77er#13
you have to create a "{new-version}.patch" file, which contains the path and filename and Size (split with a tab):
sample: "Media/fileinpk2.dat 123"

then save this file (version-num.patch) into the patches folder.

In the Files Folder you have to create following file.
EmuFolder/files/{new-version}/Media/fileinpk2.dat
this fileinpk2.dat have to compress with lzma or zlib... (lzma used in isro)

And of course you can add multiple files in the *.patch file.

BTW: make sure the *.patch file contain the exact size of the compressed file to patch (in this sample, fileinpk2.dat).

Then edit CurrentVersion in the XML Configs (configs/global.xml)
06/14/2011 23:00 [H2K] ^ LordyK#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chea77er View Post
you have to create a "{new-version}.patch" file, which contains the path and filename and Size (split with a tab):
sample: "Media/fileinpk2.dat 123"

then save this file (version-num.patch) into the patches folder.

In the Files Folder you have to create following file.
EmuFolder/files/{new-version}/Media/fileinpk2.dat
this fileinpk2.dat have to compress with lzma or zlib... (lzma used in isro)

And of course you can add multiple files in the *.patch file.

BTW: make sure the *.patch file contain the exact size of the compressed file to patch (in this sample, fileinpk2.dat).

Then edit CurrentVersion in the XML Configs (configs/global.xml)
with patch things i figured out how to do but can you give me compress lzma and decompress lzma for isro ? i really appreciate that because bin of pushedx don't work for me and idk to much about coding ...
06/15/2011 08:38 chea77er#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H2K] ^ LordyK View Post
with patch things i figured out how to do but can you give me compress lzma and decompress lzma for isro ? i really appreciate that because bin of pushedx don't work for me and idk to much about coding ...
You can use [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] for compress and decompress.

Look into lzma.txt there is a small "how to"

BTW: lzma.exe is the compiled binary.