proxy logging into server

11/30/2007 03:35 XxDarkKillaxX#1
when you log into conquer with a proxy like venom, would u log in as 127.0.2.1 or your own ip address?
11/30/2007 06:53 Huseby#2
Ur own.
11/30/2007 18:21 Chronic#3
lol that is your own
11/30/2007 20:23 Queen-Of-Evil#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDarkKillaxX View Post
when you log into conquer with a proxy like venom, would u log in as 127.0.2.1 or your own ip address?
Your static I.P. provided by your I.S.P. upon connecting to the internet...
11/30/2007 21:29 XxDarkKillaxX#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
lol that is your own
no thats the proxy ip address proivded with venom
11/30/2007 23:43 XtremeX-CO#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen-Of-Evil View Post
Your static I.P. provided by your I.S.P. upon connecting to the internet...
correction... IP not static ip.

Static ip = IP that never changes, thus static (Mostly Cable)
Dynamic IP = changes every time you connect to the internet - usually (Mostly DSL)
12/01/2007 02:03 IAmHawtness#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeX-CO View Post

Dynamic IP = changes every time you connect to the internet - usually (Mostly DSL)
I think you're wrong. I might be wrong too though, but last time I checked I was connected to CO (or any other on-line game, website, whatever) through my STATIC IP.. Not the dynamic IP
12/01/2007 02:18 Queen-Of-Evil#8
Quote:

These days its generally regarded that a I.P. is classed as "Static" If it remains the same upon connection, regardless if it changes when you disconnect. a Dynamic IP is now generally regarded as a I.P. that is able to change your I.p. while keeping your internet connection active using the latest TCP/IP protocals ^^

But yes as of the last 15 yrs your definition is correct ;)
12/01/2007 02:50 XtremeX-CO#9
No its not regarded as Static. Simply put, a static ip is assigned (weather by you or a server/software) and does not change, unless requested. How the static ip is assigned to you depends most likely on your NIC, or maybe assigned by other factors, such as area you are living in.

A Dyanmic IP, easily put, is automatically given to you by a server (DHCP) from a list of available address range... for example the router, which usually assigns you an IP from the range (maybe 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255), or you can assign it your self, either from router directly, or computer.

Also Dyanmic IP isnt changing your IP while connecting... thats as far as I see kind of stupid and... hard. Unless you mean using a proxy server, which yes, does change your IP address, but your LOCAL address remains the same, regardless of what outside ip you are given.

/bored.
12/01/2007 03:43 Queen-Of-Evil#10
Quote:
No its not regarded as Static. Simply put, a static ip is assigned (weather by you or a server/software) and does not change, unless requested. How the static ip is assigned to you depends most likely on your NIC, or maybe assigned by other factors, such as area you are living in.

A Dyanmic IP, easily put, is automatically given to you by a server (DHCP) from a list of available address range... for example the router, which usually assigns you an IP from the range (maybe 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255), or you can assign it your self, either from router directly, or computer.

Also Dyanmic IP isnt changing your IP while connecting... thats as far as I see kind of stupid and... hard. Unless you mean using a proxy server, which yes, does change your IP address, but your LOCAL address remains the same, regardless of what outside ip you are given.

/bored.
Or depending what DDNS settings you have, some I.S.P. companys automatically assign a DDNS profile ^^