[Help]Hosting, but can't connect to server.

02/20/2011 07:08 Skrillex#1
I'm helping my sister out with her server currently, and they had it on Hamachii. We took it off Hamachii, and it is currently accessable through the .exe like a regualr public server. Issue being, She can't connect to it at all, wether its with the released .exe or with a .exe with the ip of 127.0.0.1, (which is the local loopback ip).

Now, I know Hamachii installs some dumb network connection that connects you to their servers, which can be a pain when logging into other things, (Had this issue in Alpha Underworld stage, but got through it with removing all Hamachii services and files), but even after it being removed, she still cant connect. Even went as far as turning the firewall on her computer and anit-virus off to see if they were preventing it, and still no luck. Anyone have an idea?

*EDIT : after turning off tcp/ipv6, and creating a new exe with a new IP, it only gets to the server selection screen before it gives "Connection to game server failed" errors.
02/20/2011 11:32 [Admin]Snuggle#2
did you edit the ip in the ps_game.ini?
02/20/2011 22:23 Skrillex#3
I didnt even think of checking if she did that. I figured she would of already had it done lol. I guess I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.


*Edit : Yeah, its set up properly, as i can connect to the server without issues, its just she or anyone on her internet connection cant.