ALL ZE INTERNETS!!!Quote:
+internets. Exactly what I've been saying, but worded far better :)
Discounting the whole "rah rah private encryption" issue for a second... Poker is a prime example of the same problem.
Poker has been in the client for ages, it's been a very marketable feature (look at server advertisements... so many claiming to have poker and I've yet to see one properly implement it... or even make a working system).
I'm fairly sure that after all these months, hellmouth and albetros sources are still the ONLY public references to the poker system out there... and they are far from complete/just some packet structures I was playing around with.
Hell it took me almost two days of screwing around to finally realize that TQ uses seatID rather then characterUID to control poker actions... Yet no one was willing to work on poker with me simply because they didn't want to help me finish it up and wanted it only on their own server.
Instead they could have written the entire system, had a fully working poker system and focused on OTHER features to make their server unique and popular while fleshing out rather large and difficult game systems in a fraction of the time.
Note: I'm almost as guilty here.. I wasn't exactly screaming my poker knowledge at the top of my lungs but I WAS looking for someone to partner with to finish up the system... I was like 2 sequences away from having a working prototype of the system... Hell I've yet to see someone go further with it to this day.