The hash goes into the .opt files it is set in plain text in SQL
SQL never sees the hash it only sees the plain text password that is passed to it.
07/15/2020 23:43TalHalven#77
So I should be using plain text when inserting an account into the account.dbo table rather than a hashed pass?
07/16/2020 01:18ThunderNikk#78
Nope hashed password goes into the table I was thinking of the sa password but password for accounts is hashed MD5 with the MD5 key.
So if your key is 2011 and you want the password to be password then at miraclesalad.com you hash 2011password and put the result into the account table and log in with password.
07/16/2020 01:49TalHalven#79
That's what I've been doing but for some reason SQL 2019 has been truncating my passwords. I tried injecting a new account and manually pasting in the pass but I get unknown pass when I try to log in. I've downgraded to SQL 2017 in a vain hope that it's an issue with SQL 2019 and not me messing something up. I still have to restore DB and get server up and running to test theory.
EDIT: Never mind I just realised I've been using RZP rather than miraclesalad.com for account passes. I guess I'm suffering PMS (Pure Mindless Stupidity) at the moment.
04/10/2021 22:42iononline#80
bank data for mssql 2008 r2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
translate this data toppic