Comet, Open Source Server (Multiple Patches)

10/07/2025 00:02 kknntt#61
I don't know if you'll see this, but how do I get the comet-51872-game-1 and comet-account containers running so I can log into the server? I tried the command (docker exec -it comet-account bash), but without exit it didn't work.
10/13/2025 08:52 Spirited#62
Quote:
Originally Posted by kknntt View Post
I don't know if you'll see this, but how do I get the comet-51872-game-1 and comet-account containers running so I can log into the server? I tried the command (docker exec -it comet-account bash), but without exit it didn't work.
I made a vscode command for it... it's in the readme. But if you want to do it yourself, it's just docker compose. You can just run `docker compose up`.
03/13/2026 02:53 nanal17#63
I need to ask a quick question: are the client files for those versions included in the GitLab link you posted, or do I need to find them separately? I'm looking to team up with a community of server operators to launch a Conquer server. Right now, we host GTAV, Minecraft, and Mu; anyone who wishes to join is more than welcome. My Discord handle is Hsvillalobos.
05/13/2026 23:01 alexik#64
Hey, sory to ask, is there any client for this server?
05/16/2026 00:01 Spirited#65
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexik View Post
Hey, sory to ask, is there any client for this server?
Nope. Just publicly available clients like the ones pinned to this section.
09/28/2026 14:15 _DreadNought_#66
Please note: I have had Astra assess this source.

I was able to find over 10+ serious security vulnerabilities in the source code, and many many inefficient operations, bad structure and honestly, this source is worse than what ChatGPT-3 would have generated many years ago.


Not hating or slating this, it is a great reference! But please be advised if you use this source for a server, it is seriously exploitable, flawed, and shows someone who paid a serious lack of attention while programming it.

What a total mess. Expected better, tbh.
09/28/2026 19:08 Spirited#67
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Please note: I have had Astra assess this source.

I was able to find over 10+ serious security vulnerabilities in the source code, and many many inefficient operations, bad structure and honestly, this source is worse than what ChatGPT-3 would have generated many years ago.


Not hating or slating this, it is a great reference! But please be advised if you use this source for a server, it is seriously exploitable, flawed, and shows someone who paid a serious lack of attention while programming it.

What a total mess. Expected better, tbh.
Lol. Well, I know this is just retaliation for your AI thread being removed... But I'll admit that I'm only human. So if you find any issues, then please report those issues via the issue tracker. Just don't be surprised if I close them for being either irrelevant or being an AI contributor. I'll be moving this over to GitHub in the coming weeks with some new contribution guidelines.

And regarding the design, this server is well documented as a simple, two-server architecture. As the thread says, it uses SocketTaskExtensions for sockets, Entity Framework 6 for database access, and channels with background processes for message processing. Every library class is documented throughout. And for anyone curious, I also wrote an article about this project's multi-threaded design and intents [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]. It describes how one should extend the project using its current design. ;)
09/28/2026 22:34 Arcо#68
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Please note: I have had Astra assess this source.

I was able to find over 10+ serious security vulnerabilities in the source code, and many many inefficient operations, bad structure and honestly, this source is worse than what ChatGPT-3 would have generated many years ago.


Not hating or slating this, it is a great reference! But please be advised if you use this source for a server, it is seriously exploitable, flawed, and shows someone who paid a serious lack of attention while programming it.

What a total mess. Expected better, tbh.
"astra find all deficiencies in this source code. make no mistakes"