Private Silkroad Chit-Chat I

01/29/2013 22:19 Disco Teka#661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Tac Knife View Post
No, you're a moderator, you shouldn't MAKE mistakes. Your the one correcting people from making mistakes. I, along with many others feel as that is hypocrisy, as if they hire you as a moderator, so that you can make mistakes, but you're punishing people for making mistakes?
Wrong, we punish people for breaking our rules. We do not care about what others do outside of elitepvpers as long as it doesn't affect epvp.
And as far as I know I never did something against our beloved rules.
Nobody cares what I am doing at the SRO scene, which I have quitted for a while ... I am just Disco. And I ain't perfect, nobody is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Tac Knife View Post
There's absolutely nobody fighting here, no need to worry about that, stating our opinion is all we are doing here. Along with your first statement, I don't understand the reasoning for hiring an individual who makes mistakes often and push them up along to become a leader, and be punishing players for making mistakes as well, as we are ALL humans as you admitted above, there's no reasoning for punishing regular members for making mistakes, because us members are HUMANS and we DO make mistakes as well, so your "point" since you said it's not an argument, on the other hand is invalid. Don't get me wrong as well, there's no side taking, and lately I have found many mistakes going along with moderators on this section particularly, rather than before. (lets say around 6-8 months ago), I noticed a lot of side taking, such as moderators being "inspired" by certain members, which then again gives the "conspirator" more of a chance of not being punished for their actions. I'd just like to point that out for you, no reason to delete this as I'm not here to fight, only for justice and to reply to your message, and to state my opinion.
The problem about you, normal user, is that you are not able to see what's behind our actions being taken as mod. You can't see who is getting punished and who is not. That's why you think we are taking sides. I am not into such stuff, I am already too old for this, Portal even older (:awesome:).

Well this discussion will turn into the wrong place. If you like to complain about me, you know where to do it ANNA.
01/29/2013 22:27 PortalDark#662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Tac Knife View Post
There's absolutely nobody fighting here, no need to worry about that, stating our opinion is all we are doing here. Along with your first statement, I don't understand the reasoning for hiring an individual who makes mistakes often and push them up along to become a leader, and be punishing players for making mistakes as well, as we are ALL humans as you admitted above, there's no reasoning for punishing regular members for making mistakes, because us members are HUMANS and we DO make mistakes as well, so your "point" since you said it's not an argument, on the other hand is invalid. Don't get me wrong as well, there's no side taking, and lately I have found many mistakes going along with moderators on this section particularly, rather than before. (lets say around 6-8 months ago), I noticed a lot of side taking, such as moderators being "inspired" by certain members, which then again gives the "conspirator" more of a chance of not being punished for their actions. I'd just like to point that out for you, no reason to delete this as I'm not here to fight, only for justice and to reply to your message, and to state my opinion.
omg, i admited im human XD!!! now everyone knows

anyway
as I said, we take suggestions on how to become better and help the community
as stated by John Dread, SRO is an Unique section, which normal rules dont apply the same way other sections do(other sections have a more severe spam policy for example)
this community is one the hardest(if not most) to mod due to the high activity(i know it was more back then)
that's why we appreciate the suggestions
it's good to see someone is discussing this topic without going apes shit XD
as for the conspiracy stuff, we are well aware than some users claim they have our permission on doing some stuff against rules. We DO NOT allow this nor give "extra privileges" to users. Me, for example, left the SRO game(im still here but dont play SRO as it isn't worth anymore). I had a report back then saying I was letting ppl do advert and that they were paying me. I can confirm and even swear that I dont receive such payments, nor will do in the future. I really have a great remorse toward that kind of ppl, for hence, i really hate when they offer me to do it
Ok, i slipped a bit out of topic
Let's hope we can get along together on this community. I really want this to be a friendly community to attract more users toward here.

inb4 typos

side note:
if you could see the amount of threads deleted right now, as well as infracted users, you would be amazed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Teka View Post
Wrong, we punish people for breaking our rules. We do not care about what others do outside of elitepvpers as long as it doesn't affect epvp.
And as far as I know I never did something against our beloved rules.
Nobody cares what I am doing at the SRO scene, which I have quitted for a while ... I am just Disco. And I ain't perfect, nobody is.



The problem about you, normal user, is that you are not able to see what's behind our actions being taken as mod. You can't see who is getting punished and who is not. That's why you think we are taking sides. I am not into such stuff, I am already too old for this, Portal even older (:awesome:).

Well this discussion will turn into the wrong place. If you like to complain about me, you know where to do it ANNA.
i think this discussion could continue here as long as there is not to much hate or spam. This should be discussed to improve the relation between user-moderator
btw, shame on you Disco, im not THAT old
01/30/2013 10:32 Nezekan#663
While I'm reading this, I'm starting to see none of these moderators are actually interested in playing this game, they both just admitted they do not care about it anymore.


Then there is only one question left to be asked: Why are you still here?
01/30/2013 13:53 Disco Teka#664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
While I'm reading this, I'm starting to see none of these moderators are actually interested in playing this game, they both just admitted they do not care about it anymore.


Then there is only one question left to be asked: Why are you still here?
It is not neccessary to play the game which section you moderate.
Thus we are not obliged to play on a SRO server to be good moderators.

Could you please just tell us your problem with us and what we should improve in your eyes? I just see that you don't like us, but the reason is unclear. Atleast for me.
01/30/2013 14:04 Nezekan#665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Teka View Post
It is not neccessary to play the game which section you moderate.
Thus we are not obliged to play on a SRO server to be good moderators.

Could you please just tell us your problem with us and what we should improve in your eyes? I just see that you don't like us, but the reason is unclear. Atleast for me.
My reasons are quite clear; I generally don't "hate" people, but your lack of moderating skills and general incompetence suprise me. As I don't really know your full moderating 'experience' on this forum, I'm not going to judge you on that part, but you shamelessly removing all posts that are a bit negative towards you or something you like, it's really, really funny. Either way, I do think portaldark is a doing a good job, while he might not be the perfect moderator, I do not really have problems with it. But you just seem to have changed since you were added to the mod list, while you can certainly try and improve your moderating behaviour, after all I'm not the person who decides how this forum should be ran, I'm doubting that you are the ideal candidate for this job at the current moment. And I'm not the only one feeling this. If you would just remain neutral from now on, and don't start acting like you're some kind of big man, just because you're a moderator on some internet forum, this might work out someday :)


Either way, I might be a bit too negative today, and I sincerely apologize for that, but it doesn't take out all my facts, which are certainly valid to some degree.


If you want to see "my" perfect idea of what a moderator should be, take a look at the old ones like eckoro, he's not only a good friend of mine but he's one of the only moderators who stayed neutral during his time, and he knew how to handle this community (back then atleast)
01/30/2013 14:13 Snow*#666
Aren't we supposed to talk about SRO in here ?
Nezekan. We can't bring the old days back, if we could, Chernobyl wouldn't release the files, many people wouldn't quite SRO, just move on. They are doing there best.
01/30/2013 14:17 Disco Teka#667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
My reasons are quite clear; I generally don't "hate" people, but your lack of moderating skills and general incompetence suprise me. As I don't really know your full moderating 'experience' on this forum, I'm not going to judge you on that part, but you shamelessly removing all posts that are a bit negative towards you or something you like, it's really, really funny. Either way, I do think portaldark is a doing a good job, while he might not be the perfect moderator, I do not really have problems with it. But you just seem to have changed since you were added to the mod list, while you can certainly try and improve your moderating behaviour, after all I'm not the person who decides how this forum should be ran, I'm doubting that you are the ideal candidate for this job at the current moment. And I'm not the only one feeling this. If you would just remain neutral from now on, and don't start acting like you're some kind of big man, just because you're a moderator on some internet forum, this might work out someday :)


Either way, I might be a bit too negative today, and I sincerely apologize for that, but it doesn't take out all my facts, which are certainly valid to some degree.


If you want to see "my" perfect idea of what a moderator should be, take a look at the old ones like eckoro, he's not only a good friend of mine but he's one of the only moderators who stayed neutral during his time, and he knew how to handle this community (back then atleast)
I have never take any action towards things where I was personally involved in.
If you start criticizing about my moderation style, you should read the description of THIS section: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Then you will know why everything which concerns us mods should go there and not into the public sections.
I have never took any sides. Every action I did was based on our rules.

I don't have any friends in the internet, like you were with Eckoro. So I don't think that I act biased and those who I don't like are receiving punishments more often. Your thoughts are just not in accordance with the facts.
We mods don't have any personal advantage when prefering a special member.
Why do you guys always think that. Before I was mod I was not able to give infractions and you didn't had to listen to me. But now, when I have received some power, you start acting like victims of me.

Just tell me/us what we should improve...

As Snowstorm says, the old times are over. Eckoro didn't had to handle these mass spam of SRO private servers. This is something different. Call it evolution.
01/30/2013 14:26 Nezekan#668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Teka View Post
I have never take any action towards things where I was personally involved in.
If you start criticizing about my moderation style, you should read the description of THIS section: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Then you will know why everything which concerns us mods should go there and not into the public sections.
I have never took any sides. Every action I did was based on our rules.

I don't have any friends in the internet, like you were with Eckoro. So I don't think that I act biased and those who I don't like are receiving punishments more often. Your thoughts are just not in accordance with the facts.
We mods don't have any personal advantage when prefering a special member.
Why do you guys always think that. Before I was mod I was not able to give infractions and you didn't had to listen to me. But now, when I have received some power, you start acting like victims of me.

Just tell me/us what we should improve...

As Snowstorm says, the old times are over. Eckoro didn't had to handle these mass spam of SRO private servers. This is something different. Call it evolution.
That is the point of a public section, so people could actually discuss and share there opinions, if this forum wasn't open to the public, why woulnd't we just use emails?

Either way, I have no sufficient proof that you are indeed giving certain people an advantage, I was just mentioning your attitude towards 'some' private server and 'people' here.

I have given my opinion, and this will be the last I will say about it, you know how I think about it, it's your choice whether to use it or not.
01/30/2013 16:40 Krunchy*#669
Damn... too lazy to read all the romans above ;o Can we stick to SRO please? ;(
01/31/2013 07:21 Pink Tac Knife#670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Teka View Post
I have never take any action towards things where I was personally involved in.
If you start criticizing about my moderation style, you should read the description of THIS section: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Then you will know why everything which concerns us mods should go there and not into the public sections.
I have never took any sides. Every action I did was based on our rules.

I don't have any friends in the internet, like you were with Eckoro. So I don't think that I act biased and those who I don't like are receiving punishments more often. Your thoughts are just not in accordance with the facts.
We mods don't have any personal advantage when prefering a special member.
Why do you guys always think that. Before I was mod I was not able to give infractions and you didn't had to listen to me. But now, when I have received some power, you start acting like victims of me.

Just tell me/us what we should improve...

As Snowstorm says, the old times are over. Eckoro didn't had to handle these mass spam of SRO private servers. This is something different. Call it evolution.
Main problem about that is that there's over 25 threads inside the private - sro - advertising section that have no back link, or that are completely a whole different game, and instead you guys choose to delete topics related to a certain thread, but that are offending you in a certain way. THAT is my problem, if you want to take the constructive criticism in a right way, that's up to you, but I doubt you're going to do a thing since many people have stated their problems with you, and you manage to just procrastinate it and push it aside.
01/31/2013 07:56 Shibley911#671
I came here hoping to 'chit-chat' about sro pservers, but instead got a b*tch fight between the mods and some scrubs (notice they joined EPvP Jan 2013 and are already yelling at mods haha).

As it is still entertaining, I would like to hopefully bring it back to SRO private servers.

So, what is server is everyone on right now?

I am currently doing the Revenge Paragon server. It is fun, but I want to try other servers before I dedicate myself fully to Revenge and give them my money =p.
01/31/2013 10:48 sinxtra#672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibley911 View Post
I came here hoping to 'chit-chat' about sro pservers, but instead got a b*tch fight between the mods and some scrubs (notice they joined EPvP Jan 2013 and are already yelling at mods haha).

As it is still entertaining, I would like to hopefully bring it back to SRO private servers.

So, what is server is everyone on right now?

I am currently doing the Revenge Paragon server. It is fun, but I want to try other servers before I dedicate myself fully to Revenge and give them my money =p.
Most of them have been longer here than you have.
Just because they joined in january doesnt mean they didnt have an account before
01/31/2013 12:40 Shibley911#673
Lol regardless of the length users have been on EPvP, what servers is everyone playing on now?
01/31/2013 14:14 PortalDark#674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibley911 View Post
I came here hoping to 'chit-chat' about sro pservers, but instead got a b*tch fight between the mods and some scrubs (notice they joined EPvP Jan 2013 and are already yelling at mods haha).

As it is still entertaining, I would like to hopefully bring it back to SRO private servers.

So, what is server is everyone on right now?

I am currently doing the Revenge Paragon server. It is fun, but I want to try other servers before I dedicate myself fully to Revenge and give them my money =p.
many are longer just lurking in the dark or were banned
anyway, lets hope any other kind of discussion goes directly to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] as this is not concerning the SRO directly but us mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibley911 View Post
Lol regardless of the length users have been on EPvP, what servers is everyone playing on now?
most of them are playing on Ludo, Sendekraft or waiting for Evo
the other servers on the Advert Section are populated but the most appealed ones are those
01/31/2013 15:43 LastThief*#675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgheopoleo View Post
acsssdfbhgfsrthy
I completely agree with you, this will probably change the whole meaning of sro scene