Apllication Form [EO-Pserver-Hosting]

06/28/2012 08:30 funhacker#31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
There isn't a need to know exactly why the rule has been added, but that is something we all need to follow as part of ElitePvPers' staff; no member of ElitePvPers' staff can be part of a Private Server project, either if it is something that we owe, or helping on another server.
Actually there is, but the point is mute now because I've been filled in and it makes some sense.
Although sad that the actions of a few will now screw over most online game sections (as most of the decent people in them run a pserver)

Might as well close my application because I'm surely not giving up nor lying about my pserver once it starts, so this application is now invalid, hopefully admin review this rule in time.
06/28/2012 10:50 jawtee23#32
Yes from me :)
10/07/2013 00:28 funhacker#33
Just thought I'd let everyone know my application is unlocked (no longer run/own a private server) and I've updated my out dated information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
Application
  • ICQ: N/A
  • Age: 25
  • Why do you want to be moderator?
    I would like to be a moderator in the EO-Pserver Section because through the times I have been in there (approx. 6yrs) I have noticed when there is less mod activity people think the rules no longer apply.
  • How much experience do you have with the issue of the forum you apply for ?
    Well I have been with ACME EO - an EO pserver - since approx. march 2008 (shutdown permanently 2013). In all that time I was pretty active on the EO-Pserver Section; I still continue to release stuff to this day.
  • Do you have enough time to visit the board about every two days and to put enough effort into the job?
    Yes, I visit that section atleast once a day if not I do twice.
  • Did you regularly take part in the section before you posted your application?
    Very much so, as stated by the question about experience.
  • Are you able to handle questions and questioners of which you think that they are very stupid?
    I am able to handle them no problems. As I was also a person with no clue when I first started. But my answers aren't as everyone else' answers are, I don't just write them a script and say run this. I will try to point them in the right area where they will find what they are looking for. I personally find I have taught a lot of people by doing this. Because when they learn my way they usually only ask once and don't come back a 2nd or 3rd time. I can say from experience that this works, I'm an IT/Multimedia/Game Design teacher.
  • Can you act appropriate/mature with other human beings?
    I can act very mature, I can also admit when I first joined I was not the most easy going person. But as recent posts will show once complete off-topic or flaming is to begin in reply to my posts I will just stop posting and try to settle it via PM if it is not dropped.
  • Did you ever operate as a moderator before?
    I have been an admin on ACME EO forums for over five years and only ever had complaints about me from a couple other badly chosen mods. They were being disrespectful to players got mod removed and had an outburst about it...
10/07/2013 11:28 Callum#34
Coming from previous experience, applying for two things at once is bad (referring to your moderator+guardian)
10/07/2013 12:33 Hep#35
Yep, First apply for guardian become guard, apply for mod but, I guess it won't be needed for ya.
You're reliable.
I hope you'll be a moderator.
10/07/2013 21:05 Spirited#36
That's not always true. I joined the staff as a moderator without the guardian stepping stone. Regarding his application, I support it. I'm not sure how he fairs in the Eudemons section, but from what I can tell from the Conquer Online section, he's very knowledgeable and familiar with TQ games. Having worked on a private server project is a good sign of that as well.

If I could make a suggestion regarding your application, try revising your reason for applying. "There aren't many active moderators and I want to be a moderator" is a bit weak. You really want to let them know what the position means to you and how well you can fill it; otherwise, they'll just select a moderator from another section to step in. Anyways, good luck.
10/14/2013 09:22 funhacker#37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
That's not always true. I joined the staff as a moderator without the guardian stepping stone. Regarding his application, I support it. I'm not sure how he fairs in the Eudemons section, but from what I can tell from the Conquer Online section, he's very knowledgeable and familiar with TQ games. Having worked on a private server project is a good sign of that as well.

If I could make a suggestion regarding your application, try revising your reason for applying. "There aren't many active moderators and I want to be a moderator" is a bit weak. You really want to let them know what the position means to you and how well you can fill it; otherwise, they'll just select a moderator from another section to step in. Anyways, good luck.
Thanks Fang, I've updated the application again, would have been sooner but my internet connection has been playing up.
10/14/2013 10:07 Callum#38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
That's not always true. I joined the staff as a moderator without the guardian stepping stone. Regarding his application, I support it. I'm not sure how he fairs in the Eudemons section, but from what I can tell from the Conquer Online section, he's very knowledgeable and familiar with TQ games. Having worked on a private server project is a good sign of that as well.

If I could make a suggestion regarding your application, try revising your reason for applying. "There aren't many active moderators and I want to be a moderator" is a bit weak. You really want to let them know what the position means to you and how well you can fill it; otherwise, they'll just select a moderator from another section to step in. Anyways, good luck.
I meant that as in applying for both at the same time isn't a good move, as I applied for them both at the same time - and it seemed that it took longer. But, after reading through your posts, I can see you're a very helpful guy, and very active with releases. I'd say a big YES. The section needs a dedicated moderator like funhacker.
10/15/2013 05:00 Spirited#39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I meant that as in applying for both at the same time isn't a good move, as I applied for them both at the same time - and it seemed that it took longer. But, after reading through your posts, I can see you're a very helpful guy, and very active with releases. I'd say a big YES. The section needs a dedicated moderator like funhacker.
The guardian position is monitored by John Dread, only one of the administrators. The moderator position is monitored by all of the administrators. There really isn't any downside to applying to both at the same time. I did as well. The length of time it takes to review an application and an applicant's activity is a bit longer than most people expect, but applying to both shouldn't lengthen that time at all. There's really no reason that it would. You are correct though, keeping up with the active reports and dedication to the section will increase his chances on getting the moderator position.
10/16/2013 23:33 Shodans#40
Good luck man, the topic is from 2009.
10/17/2013 22:34 Ardent Censer#41
wtf , 5 years already !?

Make him a freakin mod now ! go go now
10/18/2013 14:35 Stureplan#42
You seem realiable with the position Moderator, you get a yes.
10/18/2013 16:50 funhacker#43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxvenger View Post
wtf , 5 years already !?

Make him a freakin mod now ! go go now
It was closed at one point because of the rule of moderators operating a private server, but recently had it opened again because I'm no longer involved in a private server and won't be any more :)
11/04/2013 22:11 Elsastylez#44
Yes, you are very active.
11/27/2013 02:57 [GM]Death[PM]#45
I say Yes as well. Not only has Funhacker been an outstanding role model for all EO developers he has also been a good friend to a lot of people. He is the type of person that you go to with questions, He always has an answer.

Good luck Shannon, You would make a great Moderator.