[Project] Archlord Emulator

05/15/2016 03:15 Brewen#361
Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
--

What is this thread about?

This thread is about a project that I've been working on for about 5 months and a half.
This project is by no means finished. If you're only interested in a server where all features are in place then this thread probably doesn't interest you.

What is this 'project' you're talking about?

Main purpose of this project is to create a high-quality emulator for Archlord and use it to provide a stable server for people who're still around.
Even though I say high-quality, I'm a programmer who didn't have any knowledge nor experience. Everything I did was directed by what I could find on internet and programming forums.
Due to that reason I have no idea whether this emulator will turn out to be best one of the emulators or a complete trash software.
Which brings us to why I created this thread, to raise interest and hope that people will give it a shot despite all its missing features.

Ok, fine. But how far you've come?

Well, I guess it'd be easier to show a short preview instead of talking about it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

What about details? Episode, rates, items, etc.?

The client we'll be using is Episode 8, April 2013 webzen global client. I've started with Episode 7 client and used for first couple months. After switching to Episode 8 client, I cannot see any reason to not to stick with it. It runs smoother, has better utility(action bar, map, etc.), has more content.
We'll start with 150% for all rates. If they appear to be too low for average player we'll increase them slowly until it looks right.
Most items which came out after/near release of shrine(Hestia necklace, ares ring, shrine armors/weaps, etc.) will be on hold until shrine battle is implemented on emulator and items are rebalanced which is likely to happen during June/July. Absolute items aren't certain at the moment, I might create a poll to let you guys decide for yourselves.
Other than said items and suits, all items are likely to be up and working when test server is up.

Alright, alright. When can we play then?

Test server will be up sometime between 20-30 May. Still need to implement/fix certain things on emulator and 3 weeks should be enough for that.
If it looks like more than 70-100 people are likely to join test server, I'll get a decent dedicated server machine. If not, I'll host it on my own machine as I'm just student with limited resources.
I'm calling it a test server but it doesn't mean there'll be a reset at the end of testing period(likely to be 2-3 months at least). There'll be weekly database backups incase something goes horribly wrong.

--

So what do you think people? Do you think you'll participate when the server is up?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Credits

Special thanks to Wimpin who's been helping consistently with his game knowledge and play testing.
Also thanks to all people who provided any sort of help through Wimpin. I'm not giving names since I don't know if you'd want me to say it here. But know that I haven't forgotten your help.
I will be on the server if you delete the cash shop and put those items all in drops from mobs
05/15/2016 03:16 wixler#362
I think the wife & I would like to give it a go,
when the time comes.
05/15/2016 10:31 Synestraa#363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewen View Post
I will be on the server if you delete the cash shop and put those items all in drops from mobs
Same. Brilliant idea. Also, a cherry on top please.
05/15/2016 10:58 hrvoje144#364
one more question, will there be buddy system from server start?
05/15/2016 11:13 marocco56#365
+1 i also think its a good idea to have cc from mobs what u could do is:

Have a npc merchant with the cc items,make event mobs that drop a certain item as currency (mobs with star above their head), and buy cc like this, but also have the normal cc shop to support server.
05/15/2016 13:09 Sircryalot#366
Gawd why do all ppl beg for free cc drop and stuff. I never paid money for AL but ffs get your ass together and farm gold, buy cc items and dont be lazy.
The old Archlord will come back, webzen archlord. Not all free for everybody archlord
05/15/2016 13:13 bobson221#367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircryalot View Post
Gawd why do all ppl beg for free cc drop and stuff. I never paid money for AL but ffs get your ass together and farm gold, buy cc items and dont be lazy.
The old Archlord will come back, webzen archlord. Not all free for everybody archlord
I agree with you at this point. CC stuff should be available for money. Server have to earn for itself.

Second thing is i have bought CC like 2 times, not more. And i usually had amount of CC in my CC bag, just farm for it. I mean, farm decent items then sell/trade them for CC thing, you won't be poor then.

If CC things will drops on this server (i guess it won't) then game will be too easy for me. I really like this time when i had to work hard for something...
05/15/2016 13:44 Ghostx90#368
One really inportant question :
Will we have EasyLogin app for server pls ? :D
05/15/2016 13:50 marocco56#369
If u saw on video, admin logged in in-game ^^ like old CM login .
easylogin would be great tho
05/15/2016 13:52 osiy1996#370
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Initially no. Maybe for later, no promises though.
05/15/2016 14:43 nokia852#371
this wil work if you dont add shrine or abs inside
05/15/2016 15:27 faulkude#372
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokia852 View Post
this wil work if you dont add shrine or abs inside
Then go on justac
05/15/2016 15:57 Ghostx90#373
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]y What about site ? do yu have one or will there be one ?
thx in advance
05/15/2016 16:07 marocco56#374
Yea we wait for the new forum, people need to put suggestions before server opens ^^
05/15/2016 16:10 CharlyBrown001#375
im also in when its all getting startet :cool:

good job everyone :handsdown: