[Project] 5290+ source

08/06/2010 01:20 chickmagnet#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
u dont like immunes. but u still want to upgrade it.
is using binary database, wich was first fail.
it actrully doesnt fail its just like maybe 60% complete prolly even less
08/06/2010 01:21 _DreadNought_#17
Yeah, Changed my mind don't release it, reading Kinshi88's post made me realise that he clearly doesn't want a 5290+ source released...Which I'm sure 99% of the coders around here don't want either. Show some respect with those who try, Tho putting it on a svn for those like Kinshi wouldn't be a bad idea.
08/06/2010 01:26 CØĐ£Ř||Mã©hÍñє#18
custom source is better but make it working on SQL like immune"s source but add weapons packets monster generator also no tunnels would be great
08/06/2010 02:21 ImmuneOne#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminationn View Post
Yeah, Changed my mind don't release it, reading Kinshi88's post made me realise that he clearly doesn't want a 5290+ source released...Which I'm sure 99% of the coders around here don't want either. Show some respect with those who try, Tho putting it on a svn for those like Kinshi wouldn't be a bad idea.
I don't think anybody deserves it who doesn't want to put effort into acquiring such an accomplishment himself. Anyhow, I guess 'those' like kinshi don't need a shared last patch source. And I think, no I know we both share the same opinion eh?:p

Also the general e*pvp member doesn't like my source which are beneath common programmers doesn't know where the start button is.
08/06/2010 02:37 _tao4229_#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
I don't think anybody deserves it who doesn't want to put effort into acquiring such an accomplishment himself. Anyhow, I guess 'those' like kinshi don't need a shared last patch source. And I think, no I know we both share the same opinion eh?:p

Also the general e*pvp member doesn't like my source which are beneath common programmers doesn't know where the start button is.
wat
08/06/2010 04:34 chickmagnet#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
I don't think anybody deserves it who doesn't want to put effort into acquiring such an accomplishment himself. Anyhow, I guess 'those' like kinshi don't need a shared last patch source. And I think, no I know we both share the same opinion eh?:p

Also the general e*pvp member doesn't like my source which are beneath common programmers doesn't know where the start button is.
well i 4 one like ur source
08/06/2010 05:45 _Emme_#22
Aim for a custom one Chris, I know you can do it!:)
08/06/2010 07:30 bone-you#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpGeorge View Post
Why don't release? If he got the 5290 source working he will get also the newer version of TQ when they will add a new one and with new shits into. I'm not spending much time replying just reading what you people tell but, in the end, why to be selfish? He can upgrade his source to the last one like he did with this one...For me it's useless because I'll not use it for the simply fact I don't have knowledge about C# and I'll not start learning this language and spend alot of my time for a private server that can be shutted down in every moment because of copyrights. If you are good programmers code your own client or change it until it's not copyrighted anymore. Nobody does that, and I refer now to people who knows programming because designing, we call can do by simply opening Adobe Photoshop and changing some colors. Make a custom client because we all know that some people here can really program a really good source.
Why? Your post alone says enough. You don't want to learn to help the community, you'd only learn if it benefited yourself. Since you're scared of having the server shut down (thus your own benefit would stop) you do not want to even learn. People like you are why this source should not be public, or any source for that matter. This community lacks real coders. That's not a bash against C# ones, but there just aren't enough overall. Look at my release. I put out a good base for c++ but has anyone touched it? Probably not. This community is filled with wannabe coders and people who put up a halfassed server because they can download visual studio express for free.

I'm speaking from experience here. This is not my first community for pserver dev. I used to dev a game called Helbreath where my team pioneered the only sources used from then all the way until today. What happened to the game you ask? For a few years there were HUNDREDS of pservers. HUNDREDS. They all offered very little differences/features/uniqueness. The pserver community became saturated with garbage as each server could only maintain 20ish players when the game was built to have over 1000+ playing at once. The pserver community is now nearly dead. There are only a few pservers left and even one of the official servers shut down due to lack of interest. Everyone moved to pservers then got bored and quit altogether. That shouldn't have happened. The game has 100% FULL sources released (server AND client), allowing so much opportunity, but the game met its demise because there were too many pointless pservers. This is why I have always stood behind a strict releasing policy with my CO stuff and only recently released my old sources. I recommend other devs to do the same but they will do what they think is best.


There's nothing wrong with releasing sources and helping the community, but when every Joe Shmoe makes a server because a 100% functional server was released to the public with no effort required to get it going, it will ruin the community.

That's my 2 cents.
08/06/2010 07:46 pro4never#24
Completely agree bone. I have no intention of releasing something 'ready to run'. I really hate lotf where it's so buggy but simply cause it has features and is a 'high' patch it gets used all over. I suppose the pt of releasing is dumb because anyone capable of making it work for them should be able to do it themselves.

Basicly i'm just sick of 5165 and lotf being the ONLY option for people (yes, immune's is 5180: talking in general here) annd trying to think of what i can do to give ppl actually interested and willing to put work in the tools to do it. That was me when i started. I knew virtually nothing but stuck to coemu vs 5017 lotf even though at the time it had virtually NO features (compaired to now). I was willing to fight with it and read up on stuffs to make it work. No it didn't go super far but i learned a ton of stuff and that's the point i see in public sources. It gives you inspiration on how thinngs CAN be done and gives you the tools to try out ideas/learn.

Yes, by all means keep 'completed' source private. No one needs those *cough* bins *cough* but what i'm debating is simply providing tools for people who want to TRY and by being a new patch it will get more attention from ppl willing to put effort in.

Anyways, totally see the views of ppl, i'll think more about it and talk to some ppl when i have time and then see what i wanna do. Regardless of anything released or not i predict hellmouth will come back in some shape or form
08/06/2010 07:49 kinshi88#25
@bone-you
I've played with your C++ release lots =D
So thanks again.
08/06/2010 07:52 bone-you#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshi88 View Post
@bone-you
I've played with your C++ release lots =D
So thanks again.
At least someone has messed with it lol. Still kind of sad that the community is so hell-bent on C#.
08/06/2010 09:53 IDivideByZero#27
Neither.

#edit,

if you'll release the base, it'll either die immediately or be edited then released in a "ready-to-run" form which will provoke another generations of mindless p servers "developers".

And as for the people WORTH workin on it... gettin to your source's point by themselves will deff help em more. If you want to truly help the people that deserves it, perhaps consider updating korvacs' wiki with latest packets (or however does this shit work; ive no idea about servers technical structure), and if somebody is really dedicated, he'll find it way more useful.

Somebody had "Give noob a source and he'll leech for a day, teach him to how to code and the noob is gone." (or sth among these lines lol) in the epvpers siggy, well.. clean truth.
08/06/2010 09:54 Fish*#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
At least someone has messed with it lol. Still kind of sad that the community is so hell-bent on C#.
Im gonna do it, when I get home.
Because were gonna use c++ at my education XD
08/06/2010 13:09 dodolinobobo#29
Release a source with the basic features.And help us with the packets that was changed.
08/06/2010 13:53 _DreadNought_#30
He has already released enough packets for basic login.