modern servers are total failure

09/05/2026 19:07 lordjaggi#16
what we need is EPVP to purge the silkroad private server section and implement stricter rules to start -.-. Every week is the same shit spam servers, spam post this server on fire this server etc. Starting to think a lot of these servers probably opened by the same group of people.
09/06/2026 18:17 Devsome#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjaggi View Post
what we need is EPVP to purge the silkroad private server section and implement stricter rules to start -.-. Every week is the same shit spam servers, spam post this server on fire this server etc. Starting to think a lot of these servers probably opened by the same group of people.
Send us your suggestions
09/06/2026 21:35 xLeyno51#18
The sad part is that the community keeps supporting these vSRO filter servers, playing every season and even donating, which only encourages this bullshit.
09/09/2026 08:41 gixele#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCoder View Post
those days even in joymax server was so special nobody acutally know how to run silkroad online server , a basic one and without filters shit that what prevent from players to join the servers or leave in few days , that acutally what destory the community , not even joymax had to help here , its the community themself nothing more , somehow peoples going to the joymax servers as peoples used the game systems as they are

the facts are :

servers owner think bot scene will over = they wont
servers owner think adding more featuring will attraced many players = no
protection its just limit the time untill the protection will broken
maybe think a bit better you know its can be a small tip but high change, players like myself prefer the old game basic system and not filter shit , auto events destory the game basic system such Capture the flag guild war , every system in the game can be improved by a bit of brain , try it i can assure that maybe old players wich left the community may even return with less or more peoples that play the game as normal , i want to be more then serius ok = server that limit their players lets say bot stuff but create macro wich mimic the bot himself its the same process both let the players be afk while the character doing its own .

all the servers here are just mimic of old workspace of other peoples its like a loop no one know how to be developers everybody count on filters that all, its enough for even one guy someday will open server very basic with the normal systems and maybe can even earn better than those fake servers .
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotForFun View Post
I was off the silkroad scene for more than 10+ years when I came back I notice a lot of private servers pop-up with server filters on them. I checked out my old bot code and slight modifications the filters (vsro, maxi, etc..) was able to be bypass. Some servers have dynamic opcode, & extra extended packet structure change but that didn't matter as I was able to bot on those "NO-BOT Servers". The only thing was a random guy reported my character and eventually a GM investigated and PM my char which I didn't reply that got me block. Anyway the filters didn't really block anyone from botting it just makes it harder for regular "non-technical" people to use a bot.
Great thread, exactly my thoughts in the past month, after also 10+ years I joined few servers, mostly where vsroplus, while one could give me advantages with trading bot, the last one was a no-bot server, while I also created my own custom bot bypassing vsroplus, was of course mostly useful in this no-bot server.

The crazy thing is about those server thinking they could block bot is, how easy it become.
While I have extensive reverse engineering experience, bypassing vsroplus with zero context wouldn't be worth my time.
Still, I was able to couch Claude with theory and he made my bot, kernel level, sure it doesn't like to do RE but with some trial and error I managed.

I have an ongoing experiment I think it's the right place to share it,
Main reason I made the bot and tried different server, is to understand if fully automated experience could make or break the SRO.
My conclusion is that we can do a fun server, exluding the "hard work" of PvE, not only allowing bots, but design the server around it.

For example, if people like to grind, we can give them quests that a daily 1~3 hour manual work could equal 24 hours botting.
For busy ppl, like all of us, just keep it 24/7 botting, you still are "investing" in some way, even if is just your attention once in a while, and further planning.

Regarding stall, exchanges, 100% supported from the website/mobile app, so again do what's matter with the most ease platform we can give.
While existing servers try to keep you IN the game, I want to keep you OUT - this is a 20+ yrs game, we came to have fun, not to waste our time.

Now, let's talk technical.
I have this project on going, currently already replaced MSSQL with SQLite so everyone now can just start and play with a server in a few clicks, no installs.
I also want to build a fun real server around it, from existing on going unrelated project I have substantial AWS/GCP credits.
I mean, keeping this post short, I can say that I would go as far as render a new chat with CEF and implementing [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] as high performance database.

While my goal is to (finally) give a complete open source community effort, there are some copywrites issues,
The turkish new owners of the IP would take this repo down faster than we can say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
There is a term many of you may be already familiar with, "Clean room" while it can be easier in the server side,
Could be harder in the client side, but on that term, I thought creating LoRas of the existing assets, not only easily creating more skins etc, but soon enough to re-create all the assets, even at higher quality.

Giving us the community, a complete open source, fully MIT licensed silkroad, so everyone can do whatever with this.

I have a [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] I opened about this, come say hi :)


@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] tagging u to mention I added discord link, not sure about the rules, just wanna try to keep this idea alive :)
09/12/2026 08:50 Royalblade*#20
hmm, wasn't botting solved by game mechanics?

Let normal mobs drops not be worth botting for in comparison.
Let a jobcaves drops be worth getting by jobmode botting.
Let players farm-kill bots in the job cave and this be a fun thing to do.

Joymax came up with this and their Quest and AP system.

What's up with 2026 talks about botting being bad? It's been part of sro since ages.

The Filters that are around aren't likened?^^
So sad!
09/14/2026 16:03 Callum#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
hmm, wasn't botting solved by game mechanics?

Let normal mobs drops not be worth botting for in comparison.
Let a jobcaves drops be worth getting by jobmode botting.
Let players farm-kill bots in the job cave and this be a fun thing to do.

Joymax came up with this and their Quest and AP system.

What's up with 2026 talks about botting being bad? It's been part of sro since ages.

The Filters that are around aren't likened?^^
So sad!
Good to see you back again after years and years :)
09/24/2026 01:38 ZiCo*#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
hmm, wasn't botting solved by game mechanics?

Let normal mobs drops not be worth botting for in comparison.
Let a jobcaves drops be worth getting by jobmode botting.
Let players farm-kill bots in the job cave and this be a fun thing to do.

Joymax came up with this and their Quest and AP system.

What's up with 2026 talks about botting being bad? It's been part of sro since ages.

The Filters that are around aren't likened?^^
So sad!
I mean you still can enhance SRO game play game got potential

but as I mentioned before most people making servers now are cheap asses looking for fast cash. or untalented fks like Megamax who still works on the plans I had back when we were making RigidII then he backstabbed me so he can get all the server income xD

Good to see you BTW
09/24/2026 04:27 asda2story2#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiCo* View Post
I mean you still can enhance SRO game play game got potential

but as I mentioned before most people making servers now are cheap asses looking for fast cash. or untalented fks like Megamax who still works on the plans I had back when we were making RigidII then he backstabbed me so he can get all the server income xD

Good to see you BTW

What is your goal? You keep bringing up MegaMax in every comment you post just because he refused to let you join his greedy project after you had been absent from the scene for years—and now you’re trying to provoke him.

We are fed up with the drama and the milking of players for money. The game is 20 years old; it is dying, and the community is gradually disappearing.
Either create a server with fair gameplay or release the source code you have—instead of using it to threaten MegaMax—so the community can develop the game and we can salvage what’s left before it’s too late and the game is lost forever or you both die with the died old game sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asda2story2 View Post
What is your goal? You keep bringing up MegaMax in every comment you post just because he refused to let you join his greedy project after you had been absent from the scene for years—and now you’re trying to provoke him.

We are fed up with the drama and the milking of players for money. The game is 20 years old; it is dying, and the community is gradually disappearing.
Either create a server with fair gameplay or release the source code you have—instead of using it to threaten MegaMax—so the community can develop the game and we can salvage what’s left before it’s too late and the game is lost forever or you both die with the died old game sources.

One more thing: I respect both of you. I have spent many long days playing on both of your servers, and I genuinely miss those days. So please don’t take this message or my words as hatred or hostility. I simply want you to think about it carefully.
The game is dying, and most of the community is now in their thirties. We only have a few years left before this generation moves on and everything eventually comes to an end.
What I am trying to tell both of you is that you have the power to decide what happens next. The future of the game and its community is, to a large extent, in your hands. Please think beyond the current arguments and consider what can still be done to preserve the game and the community we have left.
So please, release everything you have, or create a fair and honest project like the good old days. The entire community will support you—and I will be the first one to do so.
09/24/2026 18:47 Fame_xD#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiCo* View Post
I mean you still can enhance SRO game play game got potential

but as I mentioned before most people making servers now are cheap asses looking for fast cash. or untalented fks like Megamax who still works on the plans I had back when we were making RigidII then he backstabbed me so he can get all the server income xD

Good to see you BTW
how old are you bro ??, you keep repeating yourself over and over again.. at least Megamax is helping people quit thanks to his amazing projects LOL
09/24/2026 23:53 Callum#25
EDITED: ignore me I had some beers xD
09/25/2026 14:35 ZiCo*#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by asda2story2 View Post
What is your goal? You keep bringing up MegaMax in every comment you post just because he refused to let you join his greedy project after you had been absent from the scene for years—and now you’re trying to provoke him.

We are fed up with the drama and the milking of players for money. The game is 20 years old; it is dying, and the community is gradually disappearing.
Either create a server with fair gameplay or release the source code you have—instead of using it to threaten MegaMax—so the community can develop the game and we can salvage what’s left before it’s too late and the game is lost forever or you both die with the died old game sources.




One more thing: I respect both of you. I have spent many long days playing on both of your servers, and I genuinely miss those days. So please don’t take this message or my words as hatred or hostility. I simply want you to think about it carefully.
The game is dying, and most of the community is now in their thirties. We only have a few years left before this generation moves on and everything eventually comes to an end.
What I am trying to tell both of you is that you have the power to decide what happens next. The future of the game and its community is, to a large extent, in your hands. Please think beyond the current arguments and consider what can still be done to preserve the game and the community we have left.
So please, release everything you have, or create a fair and honest project like the good old days. The entire community will support you—and I will be the first one to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame_xD View Post
how old are you bro ??, you keep repeating yourself over and over again.. at least Megamax is helping people quit thanks to his amazing projects LOL
It's a forum I get to type whatever I want and btw Megamax is not in every comment that's the first time I mention his name BTW in a forum since he started redsea as far as I remember ( you can check my posts) :D

I'm not using anything to threaten anyone I left the scene. also I never really talked anywhere about what happened. but I guess thats my fault. Thats why ppl keep assuming shit. also

Megamax is relevant here because he is a guy running a sever with good amount of players he makes money now and he have the src code. yet he never really did anything innovative. so he have a huge potential yet he is a so untalented that he cant.

I've always been into making SRO server because I liked the game and the gaming in general I've always thought about the player and gameplay not how much money I make from SRO. Money for me was always extra am not a broke ass mother fucker with nothing in his life looking to make money from SRO p-servers.


so you ranting nonsense about me. before you start ranting shit and criticizing me maybe know wtf you are talking about. Mega letting me into my server was a very funny sentence tho. I came back to check the scene like in August gazing what's going on because I had an interesting Idea that I might venture into. got disappointed since really nothing new going here. last server I saw trying to be innovative was Hanami. I didn't follow why it died. mostly SRO servers became a seasonal thing and community is liking that.
09/25/2026 20:29 Callum#27
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

The days of arguing about projects are long gone. There are no profits to be made anymore and the game overall is very saturated, borderline dying. All you 3 guys are doing is further destroying what's left of the game with pointless arguments.

Better to be friends than to destroy what's left. And besides, who cares who has each server, who stole who's files. We're all at the age now where, if you work, you will EASILY earn more than p-sro owners, with far less hassle.