[Request]Stop Making Requests...

07/04/2009 18:53 Pete1990#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mansland View Post
Ughh.. I don't feel like messing with this..

All he's trying to say is for people to STOP ASKING FOR EVERYTHING!
Asking for codes,sources, whatever. You can still ask questions to get an understanding but atleast make an effort of some kind first.

No one is forced to release stuff



What that states is there are some people who want to share with people but only they decide what they want to share with everyone. They might have Nobility system but decide to share the Prize NPC or something. If you're a person who doesn't want to share your work that doesn't go for you.

My examples are not exaggerated, If you look around there are people who ask for stuff similar to that. They might not put them in BIG letters but there still is.
I agree lol but there are alot of Lazy people that dont want to learn and want everthing for them selfs:D
07/04/2009 18:57 AmbiguousStatement#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1990 View Post
I agree lol but there are alot of Lazy people that dont want to learn and want everthing for them selfs:D
They're not lazy, how can they make 6 threads asking for help, then 12 posts asking for help on somebody else's thread ^_^
07/04/2009 19:01 Rab#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mansland View Post
Ughh.. I don't feel like messing with this..

All he's trying to say is for people to STOP ASKING FOR EVERYTHING!
Asking for codes,sources, whatever. You can still ask questions to get an understanding but atleast make an effort of some kind first.

No one is forced to release stuff



What that states is there are some people who want to share with people but only they decide what they want to share with everyone. They might have Nobility system but decide to share the Prize NPC or something. If you're a person who doesn't want to share your work that doesn't go for you.

My examples are not exaggerated, If you look around there are people who ask for stuff similar to that. They might not put them in BIG letters but there still is.
You said: "STOP ASKING FOR EVERYTHING! Asking for codes,sources, whatever. You can still ask questions to get an understanding but atleast make an effort of some kind first."

A lot of questions can require code. And like I said, this isn't a structured community where everything is document and easy to get to.


And your examples were exaggerated, unless you can prove that there are titles written in capital letters that scream "GIVE ME CODE NOW" in the title.
07/04/2009 19:16 Incariuz#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
If this is the only response you have towards backing up your opinion on this topic, then I will no longer respond to you on this matter, as you've proven that you do not have anything useful to say.
I don't care to back my opinion, it's been stated. What I think, and what you think are two entirely different things obviously. Either that, or there is a huge communication flaw, which is also very possible, considering the extent the english language can be used. The fact of the matter is, why waste the time arguing? Should I sit here and call you an imbred cow fucking circus midget freak because you lack the understanding of my points, thus it makes you a being of lesser intelligence? Sort of like the extent you took to call me an ignorant facist. I meant this thread in the least ignorant manner possible, it was meant as a constructive method of saying, please try and work, ask for help if needed, but don't demand for others to give you stuff. So before you turn this into a a dick measuring contest, how about you refrain from being the ignorant one.
07/04/2009 19:23 _tao4229_#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
If this is the only response you have towards backing up your opinion on this topic, then I will no longer respond to you on this matter, as you've proven that you do not have anything useful to say.
You're one to talk about useful. Apparently you have no sense of foresight.
Take this hypothetical situation for example.

- A person request part of there code to be looked over, or for one line of code.
No big deal right? This line of code could have been easily figured out by the user, but he asks for help.
Someone replys to the help, and the user puts the code in and finishes what he wanted to do. If no one had replied, the user had two options..
1) Stop.
2) Figure it out on his own, which wouldn't have been that hard. (Assuming)

Option two provides independence and learning, whereas if you're helped, you're more likely to be dependent and ask for help yet again. The more they ask for help and it's given or spoonfed to them, the more they're dependent and the less they learn.


Game over.
07/04/2009 19:26 n0mansland#21
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Good point tao but guys let's just stop this now before it turns out worse and goes into a flame war..
07/04/2009 21:45 _Emme_#22
I agree with the fact that people need to stop with some of the requestes, I don't need to point out which threads im talking about right now, but I'm sure you know what I mean. "WHAT'S THE BEST SOURCE? SEND ME!!!"

Anyhow,
#closed