Olly vs CE

04/12/2012 14:43 IAmHawtness#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitboi View Post
@hawtness

I have not really gotten that exception before, what i am getting the most frequently is

the following

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

It takes place be it I start conquer.exe (with blacknull as parameter) from olly, or if i attempt to attach conquer.exe with olly. And i did it in windows XP.
The only difference i noticed in XP as compared to my win7x64 is that XP takes me to program entry without giving any other problems.

Can you give me any advice as to how to get rid of this 00000000 error?

Some addition info: i ignored the entire range of errors, but the 00000000 error is still showing up. And if i forcefully get over it by shift+f9, then the result in the op code window would be completely different, as shown in my picture in one of my previous [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Add the exception to the ignore list? Or you could simply just end the thread that's causing the problem, look at how ollydbg's title says

Quote:
OllyDbg - Conquer.exe - [CPU - thread 00000798, module Conquer]
End the thread with the id 798 (Click on the blue icon with the text "T" to show threads, then right-click and "Kill thread")
04/12/2012 16:26 shitboi#17
@Hawtness

Yes I have added the exception to the olly exception ignore list, it doesn't filter the exception. Also I have attempted killing the thread, but the thread in which the exception occurred is not found in the thread list. shown in the following.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
04/13/2012 23:58 _DreadNought_#18
I haven't played with CE, ever, only for speedhacking so excuse me if I'm wrong, but CE only can manipulate the current process's memory which resets after the executable reopens... oly can do permanent changed to the actual executable itself.

#edit
Just realised you already knew that, I failed to read the OP correctly.