METIN2 STAFF / COMMUNITY MANAGER APPLICATION
SGM • CoMa • Community Management
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hello everyone,
My name is Okan and I have been part of the Metin2 community for approximately 12 years.
Throughout my experience, I have worked in different staff positions, including GM, SGM and CoMa, on multiple international Metin2 projects.
I am currently looking for a serious, professional and long-term project where I can contribute my experience in staff management, community management, player support and server administration.
ABOUT ME
Age: 30
Location: Canada
Metin2 Experience: ~12 Years
Staff Experience: GM / SGM / CoMa
I am used to working within a structured team and understand the importance of
responsibility, confidentiality, hierarchy, communication and teamwork.
My approach is professional, active and player-oriented. I do not see a staff position simply as a rank or title. I believe that every staff member should actively contribute to the stability and development of the server.
PREVIOUS METIN2 EXPERIENCE
Xaleas — SGM
Nexus — CoMa
Ekstasia — CoMa
Aoki2 — SGM
Wonder2 — CoMa
Nova-Zelonia — CoMa
Rubinum2 — SGM
Nemerum — SGM
Thor2 — SGM
Triarch Global — SGM
Origins2 Global — SGM
Main responsibilities:
• Staff Management
• Community Management
• Player Support
• Team Coordination
• Internal Communication
• Event Management
• Player Feedback
• Conflict Resolution
• Server Monitoring
• Bug / Exploit Investigation
• Staff Training
• Administrative Decision-Making
WHAT CAN I BRING TO YOUR PROJECT?
I don't see the role of a GM / SGM / CoMa as simply answering support tickets or being visible in-game.
A professional staff member should understand the
entire server ecosystem — including players, economy, staff structure, community, rules and the overall direction of the project.
My main focus is:
• Player Retention
• Community Trust
• Professional Staff Management
• Fair Gameplay
• Effective Communication
• Fast Problem Resolution
• Long-Term Server Stability
STAFF MANAGEMENT
One of my strongest areas is
staff management and development.
I have experience training and guiding staff members, including higher-level positions such as
GA and SGM.
I believe a strong staff structure requires:
• Clear responsibilities
• Defined hierarchy
• Professional communication
• Proper escalation procedures
• Confidentiality
• Consistent decision-making
• Mutual respect
A server can have excellent files and systems, but without a strong staff team, maintaining long-term success becomes significantly more difficult.
PLAYER & COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
I believe every player deserves fair treatment.
However, not every situation should be handled with the same approach.
When dealing with an angry or frustrated player, my first priority is to understand
why the player is frustrated.
Instead of immediately sending a standard response, I prefer to communicate directly, understand the problem and find a reasonable solution.
My communication style can adapt depending on the situation:
Formal → Professional → Friendly
The goal is always to solve the problem while maintaining the player's trust in the administration.
BUG / EXPLOIT & RULE ENFORCEMENT
A GM should not simply wait for players to report problems.
I prefer to actively experience the server from the
player's perspective.
This allows me to understand:
• Item progression
• Market prices
• Farming methods
• Player behaviour
• Server economy
• Possible exploits
• Abnormal activities
When I encounter suspicious behaviour, my approach is:
INVESTIGATE → VERIFY → UNDERSTAND → DECIDE → ACT
I believe punishments should be based on
evidence, circumstances and intent, rather than assumptions.
PROBLEM SOLVING — REAL EXAMPLE
During my previous experience, a player accidentally changed the bonuses of an item.
The initial decision was to reject the player's request.
Instead, I investigated the situation in detail.
I discovered that the problem was related to an
incorrect mouse-coordinate position while the game was running in fullscreen mode.
The player had unintentionally modified the item while interacting with their storage.
By investigating the actual cause instead of simply rejecting the request, I was able to identify the technical problem and resolve the player's issue.
"Don't judge the result before understanding what caused it."
CRISIS & INTERNAL TEAM MANAGEMENT
I have experience dealing with sensitive situations involving internal staff information.
In one case, confidential information regarding an upcoming update was being leaked from inside the staff team.
Instead of making accusations without evidence, I created controlled information scenarios and monitored how the information reached the community.
This allowed me to identify the source of the leak and take the necessary administrative action.
Evidence. Discretion. Professionalism.
EVENTS & COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
I have experience organizing and managing different types of events, including:
• Ox Event
• Hide & Seek
• Squid Game
• Community Events
• Interactive Player Activities
I believe events should not simply provide rewards.
They should increase
player interaction, activity and community engagement.
FAIRNESS & SERVER INTEGRITY
One of the most important responsibilities of staff is maintaining
player trust.
I do not believe players should receive preferential treatment simply because they are:
• Streamers
• High spenders
• Popular players
• High-level players
• Members of large guilds
Content creators can be valuable for server growth, but promotional value should never compromise the credibility of the administration.
Short-term profit should never come at the cost of long-term trust.
[HR]
PLAYER FEEDBACK & SERVER DEVELOPMENT
I strongly believe that major updates should take community feedback into consideration.
Possible methods include:
• Discord Polls
• Community Discussions
• Surveys
• Feedback Forms
• Staff / Player Meetings
• In-Game Voting
Players should not control the development of a server, but management should understand
what the community wants and why.
A server that listens to its community has a much better chance of building a
stable and long-term player base.
COMMUNICATION & TEAMWORK
I have experience communicating with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Throughout my professional life and Metin2 experience, I have communicated with thousands of people.
I am comfortable working with:
Players | GM | SGM | GA | CoMa | Developers | Server Administrators | Content Creators
I understand that internal communication is critical.
A small issue that is not communicated properly can quickly become a much bigger problem.
WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR?
I am primarily interested in:
GM / SGM / CoMa / COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
I am looking for a project that is:
✔ Serious
✔ Professional
✔ Long-Term
✔ Organized
✔ Respectful towards its staff
✔ Focused on player retention
✔ Open to community feedback
I am
not looking for a temporary position simply for the title or rank.
I want to become part of a project where my experience can actually create value.
FINAL WORDS
I have experienced Metin2 from several different perspectives:
PLAYER → GM → SGM → COMMUNITY MANAGER
This has given me a broad understanding of what players expect, what staff members need and what management must consider when running a long-term project.
My goal is not simply to become another staff member.
[CENTER]
My goal is to contribute.
If you are building a serious Metin2 project and are looking for someone with experience in
staff management, community management, player relations, problem solving and server administration, feel free to contact me.
CONTACT
Discord: dantemetin2
EPVP: Feel free to contact me via private message.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application.