Silkroad Online in Unity 3d - Progress

12/18/2022 15:43 ssorpeg#181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guar_dianS View Post
How are you getting the maps? Honestly all i want is the actual city of jangan. Dont even care about mobs, or npc.
I use blender to import all models, but I have to place them by hand, dunno the solution how to import whole map. Contact me on discord dssob#7488 I will show you more.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
12/29/2022 20:00 ssorpeg#182
Progress using ummorpg asset. Supports up to 500 players. Jangan map import almost done.

01/13/2023 20:01 ssorpeg#183
Testing SilkRoad online remake on unity server. Actual gameplay with friend. Follow me on discord. There is lot of bugs, so be patient :) I am struggling with an animation, maybe you can help me to get animation ban/bsk? Would be great to implement original animation to the game. Next step is to import more monsters,weapons and finish creating JANGAN map, because it has lot to fix...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
dssob#7488

01/13/2023 22:31 Apex1995#184
qwertzui92 work in unity looks better will you approach this level of appearance?
01/14/2023 18:23 ssorpeg#185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1995 View Post
qwertzui92 work in unity looks better will you approach this level of appearance?
Sure! But main The main goal of remaking an MMORPG game should be to create a playable and original experience, rather than simply striving to make the game's art better than that of other games. This means focusing on the gameplay mechanics, player interaction, and overall immersion of the game. Additionally, a global system that allows players from all over the world to come together and experience the game together is also crucial. By prioritizing these elements, the game can offer a truly unique and enjoyable experience for players.

Art is the easy part.
01/22/2023 11:53 ssorpeg#186
Some screenshots of recent SRO remake in unity gameplay with 4 players.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
01/27/2023 14:09 qwertzui92#187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssorpeg View Post
Some screenshots of recent SRO remake in unity gameplay with 4 players.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


Hi there,

as the thread seems to be more active again, I have to admit that I really appreciate any effort and time put into future "Silkroad Remaster" projects. The game not only shaped my childhood but also that of many others, so that more and more people want a remake of the game.
Unfortunately, the call for an official solution would be in vain, we all know that the topic is already history.
I started with the same intention back then, had to place everything by hand, which would be unthinkable today and very time-consuming.
However, the experiences I had with the project are irreplaceable and I enjoyed streaming or capturing any progress using other media.

But one thing is for sure: creating an MMO from scratch is a lot of work that I felt. I was too naive at the time and just kept going. Today I've specialized in 3D design and I don't regret it for a second. I think that was the lateral start for me to get into the scene.

I wish everyone who joins the "Silkroad Remake" project every success. Should you ever reach the point where you will throw everything away, think of the experiences and successes that you have taken with you in the course of your own project.

Until then, I'll continue to follow the project by ssorpeg and look forward to any progress.

Warm greetings,
Vanek
01/27/2023 14:20 Athena'#188
Looks like Metin 2 engine.. sigh
01/28/2023 12:30 ssorpeg#189
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertzui92 View Post
Hi there,

as the thread seems to be more active again, I have to admit that I really appreciate any effort and time put into future "Silkroad Remaster" projects. The game not only shaped my childhood but also that of many others, so that more and more people want a remake of the game.
Unfortunately, the call for an official solution would be in vain, we all know that the topic is already history.
I started with the same intention back then, had to place everything by hand, which would be unthinkable today and very time-consuming.
However, the experiences I had with the project are irreplaceable and I enjoyed streaming or capturing any progress using other media.

But one thing is for sure: creating an MMO from scratch is a lot of work that I felt. I was too naive at the time and just kept going. Today I've specialized in 3D design and I don't regret it for a second. I think that was the lateral start for me to get into the scene.

I wish everyone who joins the "Silkroad Remake" project every success. Should you ever reach the point where you will throw everything away, think of the experiences and successes that you have taken with you in the course of your own project.

Until then, I'll continue to follow the project by ssorpeg and look forward to any progress.

Warm greetings,
Vanek
Thank you for your support and motivation it means a lot for me. This project is motivation for me to learn, meet new awesome people like you. I'm going forward slow but with confidence maybe get some playable game in the future. During this journey I learnt so much about 3D and programing, reverse engineering. Even if I will fail, I will be mastered skills about game development so much. I will post as much updates as I have, the process is incredibly serious and complex, but with community and todays tools I think/hope that is possible. I will be pleased to use this forum thread if you if you don't mind.



Crane*, this is UNITY engine :)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
02/09/2023 16:21 ssorpeg#190
Few updates

UI update
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Wearable clothes/armor
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Few more monster added
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


Character animation/skills added
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



02/12/2023 14:29 ltsune#191
Thanks for the continuous updates. I love following this thread :)
02/21/2023 14:23 ssorpeg#192
Some progress here. Lot of bugs, we are fixing them. BLADE / GLAIVE class available. Skills implemented.


Milestone:

Create working quest system, which will be different from original game, instead of grinding, there will be more funny quests.

Skills area damage in progress. Unfortunately now its able to hit only one mob at once. With area damage there will be opportunity to use skills to effect all mobs around you.

Fishing implementation. Have you ever dream about fishing in silkroad? It will happen in SRO remake. You will be able to fish near the lakes, get some resources and use them to enhance you armor, weapon, earn gold and complete quests.

Import more mobs, we are working on importing more map data and recreating them.

Create epic job system

Lots of work, but still, we are enjoying the process so we are going to keep updating as much as we can.

Special thanks for qwertzui92 for the support. Follow the discord if you want get updates much faster.

Any help is appreciated, if you would like to join dev team, just write me a message.
03/12/2023 17:21 ssorpeg#193
Hello folks, no, this project is not dead ha ha :D, sharing some screenshots and updates.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

When mounted, weapons position changes on players back

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Area damage skill added
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

03/13/2023 00:32 Mc-Diesel#194
Great Effort since it was my plan years ago but in go and c++ respect for your effort and good luck
03/16/2023 12:21 COSTEXXL#195
I'm amazed about your project but please try to make your own mmorpg if you are already at this point. It would feel better to create something on your own than taking from someone work. Is just my opinion. Anyway good luck with your project and I hope the success hit you. I really appreciate your time and efforts spending into this.