[Guide]CoEmu v2 Source Setup

12/31/2009 06:59 NoFatChicks#181
Thanks. The deal with the server.dat that was i messed it up. Downloaded and extracted again so now its fine.





But...
12/31/2009 16:03 †Death†Dealer#182
I'm rather noob at coding using the coemu source to practice but i cant seem to get the game server debug working.[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
12/31/2009 22:36 pro4never#183
Debug from the source itself and it should give you an error report.

(right click the game server in the source and debug it as the login server is the default startup project)
01/02/2010 08:40 blacklight0808#184
umm ehehh, im trying it on vista lol and im trying to make a hamchi server with this to start out with. if u could help me id REALLY REALLY apreciate it. i have Team Viewer, so it will make it easyer to start with. were gonna be hamachi right now but we r just starting with tht till we get some money lol. heres our site [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
01/02/2010 16:09 †Death†Dealer#185
Still having trouble and i put the debug from the release file into the debug file still get the nobility error and it still closes [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] plz help me i do have team Veiw
01/03/2010 01:39 David5646#186
whenever i try to build i always get this error please help..This has stumped me many times before and is why i cannot make servers....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
01/03/2010 04:25 pro4never#187
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Death†Dealer View Post
Still having trouble and i put the debug from the release file into the debug file still get the nobility error and it still closes [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] plz help me i do have team Veiw
There is no structure system created for Nobility. The error means exactly what it states. Unless you change around the code to refer to a different section of the source, you will want to create a new .cs file under Structs and put the structure part of the nobility code in there so the rest of the system will be able to refer to it.

Seems odd though that you only have the one error... usually if it was a serious problem where you were missing an entire structure system, you would have alot more, similar errors.

Check where the error refers to and look for similar lines of code in your nobility system and try to repair the damaged lines using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5646 View Post
whenever i try to build i always get this error please help..This has stumped me many times before and is why i cannot make servers....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Rather strange problem that you would be missing actual .dll files. Are you using the original released version of CoEmu? or a modified one? Has the source ever worked or is it a new problem brought on by modification to the source?

If it's the base source with some modification I'd strongly recommend re-downloading the base source and working from there. Often the simplest solution is using the knowledge you have obtained with your progress and using it to re-write your missing data (which makes backing up your source whenever you get a new feature completed crucial)

It can be a time consuming way to learn but it really helps when you are testing new stuff and not 100pct confident in your skills. hell, I've messed up my source more times than I can count.
01/03/2010 15:15 Danny-b77#188
I've followed the guide, and now when i try login it just freezes... I've done everything correctly and can't see whats wrong...

This is what happens:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

=/....
01/03/2010 16:47 †Death†Dealer#189
got game server working and now login server down
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
01/03/2010 17:45 Pitylee#190
I have started the gameserver. And my q are: I have to start game & login server too?

Cuz when I tried to log in, the login attempt stopped @ Connecting to login server...:) anyone any sugg?:D
01/03/2010 20:16 †Death†Dealer#191
Yeh u have to start both the game server and login server. games server loads the maps items and stuff whereas the login server help u connect to the client.
01/03/2010 21:32 Basser#192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitylee View Post
I have started the gameserver. And my q are: I have to start game & login server too?

Cuz when I tried to log in, the login attempt stopped @ Connecting to login server...:) anyone any sugg?:D
Build it first.
Then debug it, which will open the GameServer. Then open the LoginServer (just go to the source folder, and locate the right exe), then connect.
01/03/2010 22:06 Pitylee#193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smythe94 View Post
Build it first.
Then debug it, which will open the GameServer. Then open the LoginServer (just go to the source folder, and locate the right exe), then connect.
kay. And which ports I have to open to be able to accept external connection.
I'm beyond of a router. Ports open. which IP I have to put: 127.0.0.1 / 192.168.1.3 / 85.186.5.154 to be able to connect from the host computer, and from other computers to?

I hope U understand what I try to ask :)):handsdown::eek:
01/03/2010 22:22 Pitylee#194
Kay. Now I can see in the login server the connection attempt. But it stops loading at Logging in to account server after the password is set:O
Than if i exit the client, and reopen it, when I try to log in. error comes up: "Please log in later" or stuff like this. wtf?:D
01/03/2010 22:53 †Death†Dealer#195
what is with the line 30 error iv rebuilt, debugged and searched through this release and everything iv tried fails plz i need help