[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

12/06/2014 00:19 _Diavolino_#166
Bug known and will be resolve next version
Read previously its full of explanation. :)

And ***BUMP*** for my case :D

Regards,
ps : and just use to extract the .7.5.2 then return on the last theswitch use the same file and folder ^^

Edit : i tried many times to add some new portals regarding your informations, like wld and svmap with corresponding ID, txt i modify it, same the name is not displayed in game and the not match of the first code, who start sometimes at 0 and i saw other map starting code with 19 or 13 etc i dont know about that.
So portals are not working there are Some "rules" to apply correctly ? as i was asking you previously if x y z 1 & x y z 2 should be identic or only xyz1 is suffisant ? how to edit properly txt file ? what to do first edition client or svmap ?

in advance many thx for help !
12/07/2014 15:03 castor4878#167
Quote:
So portals are not working
if you say so.

as a matter of fact, I of course used it several times and also published some posts with detailled information (for anyone interested in the implementation of his/her own tool and also because at that time the .wld editor wasn't released) and working samples (including Erina - map 1 - with a new portal).
since +/- 1 month my XP box - which hosted my server - "destroyed itself" and no way to reinstall MSSQL 2008, so I can't (right now) redo a step by step tuto.

so, apparently you encounter one (or several) issue, but I don't know which ...
- does teleportation work? if not the server svmap if invalid and/or the client .wld doesn't contain the same coords (or same portals ordered in same way)
- is the legend / caption present? is it the point regarding a txt file? text/tooltip drawn over portals are a "Named Aera" record, they have nothing to do with the portal record itself (but yes are often use together with the portal); for these named area records, the index of the record (which is not an editable field since it is simply the order of the record in the .wld file) must be the index in the [data]/world/<mapID>.txt file; *that* index must be present in the .txt file, but the first value present in the file doesn't matter (if a wld defines its first 18 named areas with "inline caption" (mode 1) or with a .tga file (mode 2) then the .txt file can start with index 19.
- does a null size area is relevant? definitively not, if a portal or a named area require a rectangle - two opposite points - you must provide an area, not an empty set/space.
- what edit first? you really think the client checks the server .svmap file date to wonder if it chooses to teleport the player ?? both must be edited and synchronized but none is generated from the other, so order is irrelevant - they are edited with the same information, it's not the same point.
12/07/2014 19:32 _Diavolino_#168
So portals are not working
was in the context explain...

Castor, i admirated much your work and from Elite i think i am the one who interest the most to your Last revolution we can tell...
After for sure its possible to developpe each person his necessary tool but personally i dont have the knowledge to do it so i prefer to use and abuse of one program ! :D

teleportation no work, and i was remind that Nubness was telling with the 0.7.1 version to never doing the portals because they are not working so need use the classic method via python and result not working.

The legend is not present on the one created, on some i get one 'space' (on existing one).

about of the method to use the client and svmap it was to know if in follow experience its better to edit this or this first for that.

Regarding the txt now that you explain like this, i should to make some test to see where its 'arrive'...
Out of the way, i made the same edition of files, means in .wld i made portal index 0 effect to get the 'eyes', and the svmap with all same coordonate, i import not working, i made back client not working, i did it manually via python not working :D so i use existing one on other map... but in follow i will try again :)
and thanks for these precision :)
12/08/2014 22:14 castor4878#169
Update 0.7.5.4 - with several corrections and additions made in response to feedback from Diavolino.

Bug Fixes:
- Creation of Workspace (expansion of archive): the feature was broken in 0.7.5.3
- Some codepages were not correctly handled, including Central Europe (CP1250) and Vietnamese (CP1258); Koren Johab (1361) is added.
- The Safe Zone editor (attached to the world\TacticsZone.zon file) didn't include the map field, it's now editable.
- Skill.sdata: the displayed names of skills weren't updated upon edition.
- Monster.sdata: the drops list wasn't saved in the monsterEx.sdata file.
Changes:
- 3DX editor: the list of facets supports multi-selection and manages the state of all selected pts (to hide/show them in batch).
- Skill.sdata: the parametrized descriptions (if they exist) are saved in skills.desc.ini upon dialog validation.
- the .3DC files were always saved with episo 4/5 format; the format is now the one chosen with the Tools / Format items.
- .MLX files can be opened (by drag-n-drop of a .mlx file in the main window) when no workspace or archive is opened; it looks for .mlt files in the folder that contains the opened .mlx file.
- .3DC/.3DO editor can now be opened (drag-n-drop of files) also when no workspace / archive is opened.
Adds:
- Editors for .CTL, .DAT & .PC files (cape/mantle list of textures and definitions)
12/09/2014 03:40 wallerus#170
Ctrl F / Edit > Find option not working, on Item.SData nor NpcQuest.SData, using 0.7.5.4 I didn't check other files that aren't listen in "Shortcuts."

Good work though Castor, thanks for the regular updates :)
12/09/2014 06:47 DevIndugo#171
wow as if it couldn't get any better, nice job castor
12/09/2014 13:24 _Diavolino_#172
Great Job, will jump on my work *_*
12/09/2014 17:10 castor4878#173
Quote:
Ctrl F / Edit > Find option not working, on Item.SData nor NpcQuest.SData, using 0.7.5.4
I didn't check other files that aren't listen in "Shortcuts."
All "doc commands" were not processed by these 2 editors, "Find" (Ctrl+F) but also "Close" (Ctrl+W) & Save, making this release unusable.

Release 0.7.5.5 is added in first post. It fixes this issue.

The (mysterious) "Cape Data" are also keep unchanged if the dialog is discarded (closed by Cancel) after the paste of a block of data. (ofc the full block is copied or replaced by a paste after the selection of one of its line).
12/09/2014 21:28 SnickQ#174
Cartor the problem with language pack is still in SData files
12/09/2014 23:04 castor4878#175
Quote:
Cartor the problem with language pack is still in SData files
I can not perform the exact same test than you - I assume there that you are using a polish file taken from the "old days" of "single-localised" AE distributions. I only have english & french versions of the old Character/skill.sdata

Now (since BinarySData/files exist) the client loads the BinarySData/DBSkillData.SData file and, if user preferences are settled to Polish language, loads the DBSkillText_POL.SData file.
If I do the same - so loading DBSkillData.SData file and merge the _POL file, I obtain, using the codepage 1250:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

So, if you obtain something different, either the old skill.sdata didn't use that central european codepage or you ... forgot to select the right codepage ?
Can you please double-check that and also try to open the DBSkillData.SData file merged with the DBSkillText_POL.SData file to compare its display (in individual skill editor - not in the skill list that doesn't display skill names).

Edit: note that, if the second file (DBSkillData.SData + _POL) is displayed as expected while your old Skill.sdata is not displayed finely, it's because that old file use an unknown encoding; if so, you can - eventually - generate a classical skill.sdata file from the DBSkillData.SData; of course if your file is widely customized you won't want to just replace it but at least generating a new testing skill.sdata file will let you check how it is displayed.

Edit(2): we can even imagine the update of an existing skill.sdata with the texts of a SBSkillText_XYZ.sdata file - replacing the skill captions & descriptions only.
(can be usefull for all waiting to localise an english file to french, german, italian, polish or turkish w/o losing their data - skills indexes will still need to be the same).
12/10/2014 00:04 SnickQ#176
12/10/2014 09:08 _Diavolino_#177
Minor correction,
The "tree bag" the scroll of mouse is available ONLY when you open one bag Then you can use the scroll, and if the bag rest open and move to other table like gear or weapon and comeback Need again to open one bag atleast to make working the scroll mouse.

Just it :)
12/10/2014 09:57 wallerus#178
ApplyRange & KeepTime reset to zero if you add or change those values. (NPCSkill.SData), I didn't test with previous versions though.
12/10/2014 13:44 castor4878#179
Quote:
ApplyRange & KeepTime reset to zero if you add or change those values. (NPCSkill.SData)
ApplyRange took the value of KeepTime
KeepTime was lost
Target Type was also (badly) changed.
Success Value (when "Chance of success" is checked) was always 0 (instead of actual value).
12/14/2014 16:23 Mark.Teal1982#180
Bug: When creating a new skill in skill.sdata the description textbox stays disable so not text can be enters same goes for the family combobox when trying to edit a skill all ready there even tho i think you did that one like that for a reason but not 100% sure other then that i havent found any error i just been using api codes to enable the things i needed to use that was locked out