Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Anyone misses the 2.7 AION ?? I Would like to create a server!! (07/2013)

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Anyone misses the 2.7 AION ?? I Would like to create a server!! (07/2013)

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking as an ancient Aion player that Aion was a really great game, but the last modifications are just huge cr*p! The thing is, I have work few months ago on a 2.7 server low rates which is almost complete. The problem is I don't wanna open a server for nothing you can imagine, it costs quite a lot and as well I don't want to do this alone.

So I was wondering if you could tell me what you guys think of this idea? Do you think people would come? Are you interested? Could you talk about this around you please?

I do hope to have answers, even a negative

(if you want any other informations about the server please ask here)

Thanks for reading !

(by the way I'm french and I don't really speak german so please answer in english )

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 10
will the same thing i thought about it thats why i didnt start mine too
the first thing the people will think about is the mall is it PayToWin or not
so dont ruin your server by adding too much items at the webmall or in-game mall
thats what i am thinking about if you want to be the strongest in the game you dont have to pay :3
good luck

Old   #3

I like the idea but remember the game is 3.7/3.9 so people will have that client and need to downgrade if they want to play your server(not a big deal but stil) and in my opinion mid rate would be better, like rock said dont make it pay to win.
Old   #4

Since 4.0 is coming out and having a total nice update + 2 new classes.... it's a really bad idea to try it out.. people will lose interest because of the new classes.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxcvbn1 View Post
Since 4.0 is coming out and having a total nice update + 2 new classes.... it's a really bad idea to try it out.. people will lose interest because of the new classes.
You are noob Die , none will come to your 4.0 release!!!!!

I do
Old   #6

Hey guys, thanks for your answers!

Of course I am not planning to make any thing like pay to win !!! I hate this idea. I would maybe (maybe!) do some stuffs like pay to get a new costume, but I do think it's bad as well. People should enjoy the game. As I know this game very well (at least till 3.0) I would take care as well of how the leveling would be and as well avoid to make stupid items become very expensive... (remember the black/white dyes... WTH! It's a **** color nothing more everyone should be able to get some)

About the leveling :

- rates would be x2 or 3 for farming, 1 for quests
- drops are x4 and in instances I did all of them by myself. They are about x10 or so.
- coins treasures would give 4/5 times more coins.
To make it simple : the leveling would be nice cause everyone would have pretty good gear if they pay attention to it a little !
There is many things I did you can imagine... I was unemployed at this time I spent my whole days during 2 months doing this. So if some of you are interested, I could write here every thing I did (as well I did a pretty good system to get coliseum and courage insignias... Farmed in Silentera which would be accessible all the time. And PVE zone in T3s To get only PVE insignias.)
Well I am not going to write it now it's a quite long list.

Thanks again I hope to have other people giving me advice or taking interest in this !!
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzlolz6 View Post
You are noob Die , none will come to your 4.0 release!!!!! I do
kid stfu
Aion need changes or it will die
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Little up...
Please don't be rude in here that would be nicer, I am just asking for advices good or bad everything interest me
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellPain View Post
kid stfu
Aion need changes or it will die

BBit*h please , it was a Joke !!!
Old   #10

I have a better ideea for you and it will not require a downgrade, Make a 3.9 server and remove all the stuffs since 2.7 , disable them and then you have yourself a fully working no bug server. Without making people downgrade.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

Ah really ? It is possible ? Is it hard to do ? If it's possible which source should I use please ? Any links ?

Btw this morning (I didn't have time to reply) I saw a message from a guy who would like to join me in this project, but apparently his message is gone, could you write me a write back what you wrote man ? Maybe you changed your mind ?

Thanks again for this advice but again I have no idea how to make it properly, could you explain me how to a little ?

Thanks a lot !
Old   #12

Little up, still waiting for an answer about the compatibility please thanks guys !
Old   #13

Hey there,

Unfortunately, I got to decieve you.
Nobody would join with you doing a 2.7 server. The fact that in 3 days NA updates to 4.3 (with 2 new classes and new lore + new maps) kills any 2.7 server. People won't stay long on a 2.7 server anyway as there won't be any updates on it. Even EU plans to release a PTS for 4.2 next week + some private servers will update to 4.3 in the coming months (Not Aion even in 4 days)... it's a big risk to put money into such a server and time to develop it, while the 4.3 version is infront of the door.

Even if you found somebody that would support you.. the timing of your idea is very bad.

Regards and respect,

Dei
Old   #14

Doesn't matter if they upgrade to 10.700 if people liked 2.7 they will play it . But remember its going to be hard to keep it alive.
Old   #15

Well thanks for yours advices guys. My project will unfortunately won't see the sunlight but I will keep checking if there is a way to create it. I understand yxcvbn1 but as angelshade said I think that the 2.7 was really different. I would like to come back to when the game didn't drastically changed. When NC started to update the pasts things and create new ones without really thinking of what has been done. Like the abyss who became totally useless, and empty of fun. Anyway I don't have the proper tools to create my server yet. Thanks again for your answer, btw I think you are right but I keep believing this game was really **** awesome but not anymore ... That's why I would like to do this.

Angel, you told me that I could do a serv from a modern emulator and "limit"it, how could I do this please ? What emulator should I use ?

Thanks a lot again guys for you concern into my problem ! You help me !

Tags
2013, aion, aion 2 7, aion 2.7, private server