Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 10:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Aion Online worth it?

Discussion on Aion Online worth it? within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Aion Online worth it?

i'v been looking into it and it looks quite good but as it is turn based which i am not that used to, i didn't want to download yet so i was wondering if it is worth a go? cheers
Old 06/18/2010, 23:22   #2

Turn based? What do you mean by that? :S
Old 06/25/2010, 20:56   #3

its not turn based at all, dunno where u heard that from but its wrong . . .
Old 07/02/2010, 23:28   #4

Turn based...Lmao. Definitely isn't turn based. Try out a private server like InfiniteAion.com and then see if you like it enough to buy retail. But as far as I know, Retail is dieing, Hence the server merges.
Old 07/03/2010, 04:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishey07 View Post
Turn based...Lmao. Definitely isn't turn based. Try out a private server like InfiniteAion.com and then see if you like it enough to buy retail. But as far as I know, Retail is dieing, Hence the server merges.
To bad that server is getting DDOS'd again. Admin isnt even updating on whats going on, been a good 12ish hours now.
Old 07/08/2010, 01:04   #6

If you aren't already into the game, I wouldn't waste your time. It's dieing and the game lacks content.

It's decent for a grinder, but the max level is too low for it even to be considered an 'asian grinder'. Also, it lacks the PvE content for me to consider it a Western MMO lol. To be honest I'm not really sure what to call it lol.

Don't get me wrong, I played to 50, I love the PvP on my Assassin. But some classes, are broken and overpowered. There isn't enough to do in the PvP aspect of the game, and also the servers are dieing making the PvP less and less enjoyable. (If you like to buy gold, and are into 'twinking' you could hop right in and love it lol. I have a level 50 Assassin and a twinked level 40 Assassin in full golds that I love ganking people with)

You COULD try it now that they're going to merge servers, also patch 2.0 is coming eventually, but I personally would vote against it.

Try out a private server like these guys suggested. Try out InfiniteAion when they stop getting DDOS'd, or try one of the many other private servers. Just google 'Aion private server'.
Old 07/12/2010, 13:44   #7

elite*gold: 20
Hehe... turn based.

Definitely no.
Old 07/13/2010, 17:23   #8

bit out of topic, but what for they need to merge servers?
Old 07/15/2010, 20:17   #9

Tried Aion myself recently. Not a bad game, but a routine lvling ( quest by quest) is really boring so i was just lvling by a bot Got banned when i had lvl 43, 39, 24, 35 chars T_T
But the pvp is nice