Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 15:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Banned : Used Ktz

Discussion on Banned : Used Ktz within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Banned : Used Ktz

Hey,

Just give u guys a heads up.. i was banned on thursday.. with no sign of being unbanned... was botting pretty much 24/7 in Heiron. Using Ktz with all scripts setup was running perfectly. making millions.. but a player on my server i suspect reported me to ncsoft.. he constantly spams server forums with current bots on server.. takes screenshots.. fraps of bots.. sends them all 2 ncsoft.. the night before i was banned he had been whispering abuse to me.. (ppl get annoyed when they spend their lives leveling only to be outdone by someone that is getting regular sunlight)

That night KTZ sounded the trumpets.. and as i clambered to my laptop screen i could just make out with my 5am eyes a gm.. "GM BLABLA : are you there??? " I typed in hello as fast as i could.. but as i hit enter i was dissconnected.. and banned.. the china farmer in the spot next to me was not banned.. so i like to think im above paranoia when i suggest the player sent the gm after me and me alone..

Its likely that every server has atleast one of these pathetic little jobless worms.. so my advice is get as remote as u can.. like.. corner of a map under a rock in the dark.. remote..people are becoming complacent when using their bots.. and thats fine. but thats also how i got caught.. and how you may be caught...keep the mentality that your actually trying to avoid suspicion ..my opinion is ncsoft act only when they are forced to act.. by people like this.. for-mentioned worm..stay away from areas that have more than 1 bot.. these worms frequent bot hot spots and become coital at the sight of a possible ban..

may my cleric and aion RIP
best of luck to you all
Old 11/02/2009, 07:34   #2

That sucks, what options were you using? Like speedup etc? I have been using ktz for 3 days now and only dc'd becuase their bot server is down.
Old 11/02/2009, 07:52   #3

elite*gold: 10
moved.
Old 11/02/2009, 14:25   #4

sorry to hear that.. where were you botting?

my cleric was and still is stationed in heiron 23.5 hours everyday for the past 2 weeks

currently lvl 45 and 40+ million adena.. still not banned yet, my chat log was empty the whole time, i guess no one bothers venturing to my area also

the trick is to bot at the edges of the map, far away from any town or spawn point, where no normal players would go to
Old 11/02/2009, 14:39   #5

Quote:
currently lvl 45 and 40+ million adena.
Did NC add Heiron to their latest L2 expansion? :P
Old 11/02/2009, 16:02   #6

Marc, sorry about that.

:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sess View Post
Old 11/02/2009, 17:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sess View Post
ok its kinah
im still unfamiliar with aion game terms and mechanics
maybe one day i'll stop botting and learn how to play my toon..maybe
Old 11/02/2009, 22:18   #8

***** really good story

do u know what gm name was or remember what it sorta was
Old 11/12/2009, 08:05   #9

Whilst normally I don't agree with botting, Aion is the first game I've used one in. Theres no other option as too many people are doing it, AND there are too many stupidly obvious chinese farmers blatantly farming in areas right next to towns.

Banning people who have played the game, the quests, grouped up, and aren't in it to resell the gold should be a last priority for aion GM.

It would be STUPIDLY easy to go through towns once in awhile and ban about 100 of them. They're that obvious. Names such as 'akwjdh', no legion, no title, running around with speed gear. Theres hundreds of them and nothing is done.

I can't comprehend why it is so difficult to do this.
Hire someone for $20 and hour to go through each town and ban them.
If any mistakes are made, which would probably be way less than 1%, that player would write in.
A chinese farmer would not write in, and if they did, their english would be a dead give away. If in doubt, check the logs.

Doing this wouldn't stop it entirely, but it would make the game more enjoyable at higher levels as rare materials such as aether would be harder to come by and their true value would be shown. This would be due to the bots being constantly forced back to the lower levels and only affecting the game up until around level 20.

I remember a bot that was constantly farming aether crystals was banned.
The price of aether soon doubled in the auction house due to the shortage. This is how much bots affect game currency.
Of course, another bot soon took its place.

This would also help stop players coming in to rift with the sole purpose of killing bots for AP, which gives an unfair advantage of abyss gear.

Such simple logic for $20 and hour could save a multimillion dollar game.

There has to be more to it than meets the eye.

So like I said. I don't like botting. But i've been forced to by aion.
Old 11/12/2009, 10:29   #10

gm needs to thoroughly investigate before banning, check records etc.. so ideal case is 4 bans per hour..
assuming a player plays for average 3 months for his aion game, that's $17x3x4 = $204 loss per hour = $4896 loss per day for 1 server..

multiply by 32 servers = $156,672 loss per day for all 32 servers = $4,700,160 (4 ******* million dollars) potential loss per month

that is ignoring the cost of hiring gm... minimally 2 gm per server for each asmo /elyos side, for 32 servers

if you were ncsoft, would you ban bots? NO WAY

if you are suggesting blanket banning everyone and wait for the wrongfully banned ones to email you back for unban, that's not gonna work.. it's bad PR.. legit player would be completely ****** off they can't play in weekend, word goes out.. everyone feels unsafe playing aion knowing they would be randomly banned, everyone leaves aion.. fastest mmo death
Old 11/12/2009, 10:35   #11

omg if i were ncsoft i would potential ban each per 4 month cause they alsways get back there money and i can do it again gosh
Old 11/12/2009, 10:51   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Döner_God View Post
omg if i were ncsoft i would potential ban each per 4 month cause they alsways get back there money and i can do it again gosh
the only players who can buy back new accounts after losing their are the RMT farmers, who are actually earning real life cash from the game, and has incentive to spend another 400 hours to lvl their characters

what if a non-RMT player half-botting, half playing get perm banned? 99% of the time he will quit the game permanently and not come back

as of now, even top guild players are botting in-game, my guild (top 10 in nezekan), more than half have botted, last 2 months at least 10 were stripped of gear+kinah+stigma cos of buying kinah and never logged on ever since
Old 11/12/2009, 14:12   #13

if you don't ban bots, then the overall lifespan of the game decreases. 4 million a month is a small price to pay for keeping a good PR rep and keeping a future playerbase.

you have to pick between banning bots or watching an equal amount of players leave.
Old 11/12/2009, 21:33   #14

Thanks, now we know to use fraps to report you botting scum.

Are you that retarded, you can't use your own mouse?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/13/2009, 01:43   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightnoir View Post
if you don't ban bots, then the overall lifespan of the game decreases. 4 million a month is a small price to pay for keeping a good PR rep and keeping a future playerbase.

you have to pick between banning bots or watching an equal amount of players leave.
go check the aion forums, people are leaving cos they are tired of the grind past 30, with little content to reward them in high lvls
aion is unique in the sense that it's a grind mmorpg for western market, most players don't want to grind the same few mobs for 14 hours to get a level
so in a sense, bot programs is necessary if you want to keep up in your lvl and it helps to keep people still playing and (paying) for the game
if they ban/disable bots altogether, you'll see the number of servers going from 32->16->8->4 within 1-2 years time