Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 02:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Infinite Aion under attack??

Discussion on Infinite Aion under attack?? within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 10/15/2009, 11:07   #631

elite*gold: 0
OMFG... 77 pages. You guys are nuts. But we really appreciate all the support.

So in case it hasn't been answered, let me drop some bits of info here...

1. We can't change hosts because it wouldn't matter. The attackers would simply attack the new server the moment we made it public on the launcher. They also like to take little breaks from attacking us. Either because they're letting us think it's safe to bring the server back up just to have them bring it back down in an hour, or because they're redirecting their attacks to another server at that moment (we've confirmed that it's the same botnet/whatever attacking different ones).

2. There are L2 servers being hosted by a few places that are also being attacked (not just Infinite's). The attack is so massive that even those who have "DDoS protection" were brought down. If you think it's as simple as "OH WELL JUST BLOCK THE IPS!!! NULL ROUTE FTW!1" or something silly like that, you have to remember that once the DDoS starts, the box is totally cut off. So you can't just log in and check what IPs are smashing it. Not only that, but even if/when the hosting company gets back to you and lets you know the IPs, they may not all be in the same range and there may be hundreds. So sure, you could block a few, but vs a botnet that's spread out over multiple countries it does no good.

3. Development continues. I am on retail working to gather information for the Abyss while Erb, Goog, and the GMs are working to implement some new stuff.

4. Erb and I have talked about how long we think the server will be under attack, and what we want to get done before it comes back up depending on how long this goes on. So far, we're in agreement that there will be no wipe yet. Most of all because we don't want players to come back to IA and be like "WTF DID THEY GET HACKED, WHERE ARE MY CHARS!?!?! /wrists" We just don't want to deal with all that butthurt. But also because like we KEEP saying, we have a lot of work to do before we go there.
Thanks
11 Users
Old 10/15/2009, 11:16   #632

thx for info..

hmmm

erb said 1 hour ago on irc that he has changed the host to a other german host..???
Old 10/15/2009, 11:23   #633

why a german host. Why not try other places LIKE USA.
Old 10/15/2009, 11:24   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals View Post
why a german host. Why not try other places LIKE USA.
Because German servers are the best on market today
Old 10/15/2009, 11:26   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoHombre View Post
Because German servers are the best on market today
maybe,but if they would change the host to one from USA or other country,it could limit the DDoS'ers range of attack...that's a presumtion,don't start killing me with a lot of posts now
Old 10/15/2009, 11:30   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggdell View Post
maybe,but if they would change the host to one from USA or other country,it could limit the DDoS'ers range of attack...that's a presumtion,don't start killing me with a lot of posts now
hm...maybe...

but I think were dealing with no "noob-hacker-kids-gang"...they´re good...!

so if erb & co would change to an US host, nothing will change...
Old 10/15/2009, 11:33   #637

Germany is the best country to host servers in ...

Thanks toasty... But it's still sad.... this is something serious, isn't it? Really... these guys are damnly stupid..
Old 10/15/2009, 11:36   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyan View Post
Germany is the best country to host servers in ...

Thanks toasty... But it's still sad.... this is something serious, isn't it? Really... these guys are damnly stupid..
best country?

dont seem that way to me. Never had that problem when i hosted servers in usa.
Old 10/15/2009, 11:37   #639

Yes it is something bigger then I expected...

Many BIG companys, like Yahoo for only example, have been Ddosed to...some of them had to fight 11 Days or more against them foolish hackers...!

I think the biggest problem is that they want money! So they will not give up quickly...
Old 10/15/2009, 11:39   #640

Quote:
best country?

dont seem that way to me. Never had that problem when i hosted servers in usa.
Its still FACT that the german hosters are a better choice...for example Frankfurt...the biggest Banks have there Servers here!
Old 10/15/2009, 11:40   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoHombre View Post
Yes it is something bigger then I expected...

Many BIG companys, like Yahoo for only example, have been Ddosed to...some of them had to fight 11 Days or more against them foolish hackers...!

I think the biggest problem is that they want money! So they will not give up quickly...
****,that's kinda screwed,someone needs to put an end to this.Just if we could trace their IP,but I am sure they got more computers around the country.They seem to be a lot,and I am sure it's not about 1 or 2 guys,it could be a whole gang or these rubishh hackers.
Old 10/15/2009, 11:40   #642

Then why dosent the FBI internet crime divison take it over then? If they have the smarts to do this, Then why bother ddos attacks and not hack banks and other systems and take the money
Old 10/15/2009, 11:41   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala123456789 View Post
how did L2 privat deal with them?
They will not tell you for sure...because the hackers maybe watching this thread to (its easy to find with google).

Its a security thing...
Old 10/15/2009, 11:42   #644

Does anyone know another server to recommend while waiting for Infinite Aion?

Thanks. <3 Infinite Aion.
Old 10/15/2009, 11:43   #645

Quote:
Then why dosent the FBI internet crime divison take it over then? If they have the smarts to do this, Then why bother ddos attacks and not hack banks and other systems and take the money
Try to hack a bank = you go to jail for sure!

^^
Closed Thread