Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 14:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

new Multi-clienting Limitation

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
new Multi-clienting Limitation

Does anyone know how to get past the 2 client limitation per computer (without using another computer)? The limitation was placed when the 1.5 open beta patch came out (US/EU version).

Ex: If you try to start up a 3rd Aion client on your computer, you will get a "You cannot run any more client." error.

Old   #2

Disable GG and use a .bat launcher. Problem solved.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

ok, I just ran Aion through a .bat file with GameGuard disabled. Whenever the 3rd-client is almost finished loading, it pops up with the "You cannot run any more client." error, still.

Can you think of any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks for the help so far though
Old   #4

why would u need 3 client? r u willing to pay 45 dollar per month?

Old   #5

I've been multi-clienting in every mmo I've played for the past 3 years. I do it because it keeps me busy all the time (rather than button smashing with one character)... you have access to more characters, and it's unique/a thrill to me.

I actually plan on playing 4 characters at once, and for a new game like Aion, I would pay the 60$ a month to play this way. I know that this doesn't appeal to many people, though But, hopefully someone will find a workaround/fix for it... since they added the limitation out of no where (right when open beta v1.5 came out).
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk_chaos View Post
I've been multi-clienting in every mmo I've played for the past 3 years. I do it because it keeps me busy all the time (rather than button smashing with one character)... you have access to more characters, and it's unique/a thrill to me.

I actually plan on playing 4 characters at once, and for a new game like Aion, I would pay the 60$ a month to play this way. I know that this doesn't appeal to many people, though But, hopefully someone will find a workaround/fix for it... since they added the limitation out of no where (right when open beta v1.5 came out).
Wow I never heard of anything like this before, your crazy dude LOL

You do realize later on in aion when a character is high lvl or mid lvl each char does get around 30 skills right? Have fun with that bro.
Old   #7

elite*gold: 80
did you tried to install the client a second time on another drive?

because if it isn't gameguard.. how they could detect how much clients you run ?

mhhh :|
Old   #8

Yes Kinu, sorry for the late reply.

I tried to install Aion on another harddrive.. but it still came up with the "You cannot run any more client." error. :<

Thanks for the recommendation, though, I really appreciate it. If anyone else has any other possible solution(s), please let me know.
Old   #9

Maybe it uses some addresses from the memory and it can't use it more than 2 times ( meaning it detects them ? ). Anyway, if it's like that, it can't be bypassed. ( Without being open source... that is. Which it isn't ... )
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kreative View Post
Maybe it uses some addresses from the memory and it can't use it more than 2 times ( meaning it detects them ? ). Anyway, if it's like that, it can't be bypassed. ( Without being open source... that is. Which it isn't ... )
Yes, whenever the client starts up, it checks how many other clients are running on the system (most likely through the memory like you stated, but I am not sure).
Old   #11

If it is like that, there are really weak chances that you CAN actually start more than 2 clients. Ofc, you could get a laptop .
EDIT: Oh yes, you could try getting the older client and just changing the version in version.ini ( don't know if it works ) - or just try getting the new version + old aion.exe
( Might work, if you say it worked on an older one )
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kreative View Post
I just tried it, and it doesn't work :/

Thanks for helping me though... I can't believe they changed it to 2 clients only... I was running 3-4 clients easily until Open Beta came out...
Old   #13

elite*gold: 215
Hey chaos, I've posted a little proof-of-concept fix for the client limit . I can't test it thoroughly though, as I only have one account.