Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 11:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Request for pointer address for skills Aion NA F2P

Discussion on Request for pointer address for skills Aion NA F2P within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Request for pointer address for skills Aion NA F2P

Hi All,

Does anyone know the pointer to get the skills structure in memory? I know that the skills are there because I can find them (not the hotbars) but I am having difficulty locating the actual address that points to a data structure that references them.

Does anyone have any hints that they could offer?

Thanks
MZ
Old 06/18/2013, 00:49   #2

Anyone? Maybe Lucid, or even a hint if you don't want to provide the offset?
MZ
Old 06/18/2013, 08:32   #3

It's in a tree structure; strange you have 2 posts and know me already >_>
Old 06/18/2013, 23:56   #4

Lucid, I recognized your name from an older website (which I prolly can't link here) back in the days of Aion 1.5.

I can see that its in a tree structure like entity map however my difficulty is finding the pointer to that tree structure. From within the tree structure I can see that it points to an info address which contains things like pointers to addresses where the actual name of the skill is kept.
Old 06/19/2013, 02:00   #5

Reverse the tree or dump the binary; I don't really know how any "hint" can be given beyond that without simply giving you the offsets.

And btw I think you have me confused with someone else, though I'm not sure which website you're referring to.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2013, 02:02   #6

Ok, ill keep trying to figure out how to reverse the tree.
Old 07/04/2013, 04:05   #7

So, thought I would try here to see if anyone can help. I have reversed the tree back to the start however I can not find any reference to the start. I have figured out that the information offset is 0x254.

I have looked for any shifted offset within about 0x2000 of the first node (or the node that gives the most results in the tree) but can not locate it.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong to find the static reference to the start of the skill tree list?

For those interested, this is how I reversed the tree. I found a skill's final information block (eg where the ID is).

I looked for the reference to the start of the skill information block (eg 2C CC 31 30 [yes I know this changes]).

From that point I searched for the linked list node which is offset by 0x254 which provided me with node 0xc offset from the actual linked list node. From that I minused -C which gave me the node within the list.

I then reversed back to the point where there was no further back.

This is where I am at, any suggestions? or hell ill even take the actual address right now