Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 19:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Aion Startup Error HELP

Discussion on Aion Startup Error HELP within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Aion Startup Error HELP

Hello. Whenever I start Aion from the shortcut on my desktop, Aion loads the launcher no problem. Then I click the BIG button on the bottom right, and the game seems to begin to load. The gameguard does its thing and then the Aion splash is left on the screen...then I get an error that looks like the picture on the left.

After I click the debug button another error pops up that looks like the picture on the right. If I click close nothing happens.

System Specs:
Nvidia GeForce 6800GS (185.5 edition driver)
2.2Ghz processor
2.00gigs of RAM
180gig HD (30gig available for game)
Sound Blaster 2 Audigy ZS
Windows XP Home Edition SP3 (all updates)

I have stayed up for the past few days attempting to get this error solved.

SOLUTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ATTEMPTED:
-Reboot (MANY times)
-Uninstall / Reinstall (MANY times)
-Download East Asia Language Pack
-Update Video Card drivers (and Rolled back)
-Boot into safe-mode
-Scan using command: sfc /scannow
-Check disk for errors using: chkdsk
-Removed video card and used onboard card
-UNINSTALLED Virus and Firewall protection COMPLETELY (just to make sure)
-Changed region settings to Chinese and then back to English
-Attempted to change desktop shortcut path (was the same as the one on the forums)
-Disabled sound from video card and used integrated
-Read / Re-Read guide for installation
-USED Md5 Hash checker from Aion site to verify Aion data files
-Renamed Folders from Chinese to English names
-Used file validation tool on the Aion launcher
-Changing server region
-Redownloaded DirectX 9.0c from official Microsoft site
(may have omitted some....can't remember)

THE ONLY progress I have made is when I set my region settings to Chinese AND the unicode program thing to Chinese (its on the advanced tab of Region Settings) and reboot. And then attempt to install and patch Aion and then change my client back to English I got GameGuard Error 114. This error GOES AWAY when I renamed my folders but I STILL got the aforementioned error.

This is what I did to install Aion...
-Have all files .exe , data.zip, data.z01, data.z02, data.z03 in one folder
-Start .exe and install.
-Open Aion from desktop shortcut and let launcher update
-Copy the CHS folder and rename it to ENU and copy the ENU.pak file into the Aion directory.
-Start Aion from desktop shortcut and click BIG button.
-GameGuard updates are installed
-Aion loads the splash and then ERROR

IDK if you guys can help me with this or not. Is there anything else I can try? The odd thing about it is that my laptop sitting next to me runs Aion just fine. Yet my desktop fails to run it.

Laptop Specs:
-2.00Ghz dual core AMD Turion X2
-ATI Radeon HD 3200
-Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (directX 10)
-3gigs of RAM
-Onboard audio

Is there anything else you guys can think of for me to try? I have tried for days to get this game to work to no avail...starting to get frustrating to say the least. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (46.3 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg error2.jpg (46.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 06/07/2009, 03:37   #2

Have you tried re-downloading each data pack? Or did you reinstall several times with the same set?
Old 06/07/2009, 04:27   #3

Ill try to re-download each piece but I checked each one that I currently have with the MD5 checker provided on the Aion site so I'm pretty sure that my downloads are not corrupted.

Currently, I am updating some soundcard drivers and seeing if that helps.
Old 06/07/2009, 18:33   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xscxmatt View Post
Ill try to re-download each piece but I checked each one that I currently have with the MD5 checker provided on the Aion site so I'm pretty sure that my downloads are not corrupted.

Currently, I am updating some soundcard drivers and seeing if that helps.
If it's not software, it may be hardware. I had trouble about half a year ago because I found out later that I had corrupted memory. Most of my programs got screwed up and many were unable to install, always complaining about corrupted data because the memory would rewrite parts of the file and etc: Hopefully it's not hardware, but it just might be.

Have you had problems installing any other programs before?

Edit: Also, what type of OS are you using? x86 or x64?
Old 06/08/2009, 09:19   #5

My processor is utilizing the x86 architecture and I have the 32-bit Windows XP (since its home edition).

I have never had serious problems with programs before. Usually just updating video drivers or sound drivers or updating windows would fix any errors. Since Aion has not been released in North America yet, I am having trouble finding any info about this error. And of course the error itself doesn't really physically tell me much.

The game seems to load up seamlessly, the gameguard loads just fine but right as the game is about to kick in to full screen and begin the opening sequence the error pops up. I was thinking about possible resolution or sound card issues but I have no idea what to do (aside from buying a new computer) to fix the problems seeing as I already updated the drivers on both pieces of hardware.

My computer can run WoW, Counter-Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead and other programs flawlessly. I don't understand why this particular program is giving me such a hassle?

I will try removing each RAM stick (I have 2 x 1gig ram sticks) and running the game. I doubt it is corrupted memory because I have run MEMtest and everything checks out.
Old 06/09/2009, 05:57   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xscxmatt View Post
My processor is utilizing the x86 architecture and I have the 32-bit Windows XP (since its home edition).

I have never had serious problems with programs before. Usually just updating video drivers or sound drivers or updating windows would fix any errors. Since Aion has not been released in North America yet, I am having trouble finding any info about this error. And of course the error itself doesn't really physically tell me much.

The game seems to load up seamlessly, the gameguard loads just fine but right as the game is about to kick in to full screen and begin the opening sequence the error pops up. I was thinking about possible resolution or sound card issues but I have no idea what to do (aside from buying a new computer) to fix the problems seeing as I already updated the drivers on both pieces of hardware.

My computer can run WoW, Counter-Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead and other programs flawlessly. I don't understand why this particular program is giving me such a hassle?

I will try removing each RAM stick (I have 2 x 1gig ram sticks) and running the game. I doubt it is corrupted memory because I have run MEMtest and everything checks out.
If everything is running as you say, I don't see why Aion isn't running. Sorry, I don't think I can help further. Good luck though.