Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 12:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What makes you HATE Aion?

Discussion on What makes you HATE Aion? within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What makes you HATE Aion?

MMOsite Columnist - Ninjarantguy's article titled "Aion Just Bursts the Bubble" points out that P2P is the biggest drawback of Aion. Maybe after the beta of June 5, we could find out more reasons to hate Aion.

Source:

Quote:
As most of the people I see hanging around the site, the biggest issue they have with Aion is that it's P2P. As most people who are either too much of a cheapskate to waste their buck paying for a game or that they have other financial troubles, this would be the game's biggest let-down. Let's forget that the game looks good, that the screens do show something that is (maybe) worth playing and even spending some of those cash you have in reserve for, no, it's P2P so it's automatically a BOO game.
Old 06/04/2009, 20:09   #2

We're better off for not having anyone who complains about paying to play the game.

I'd say there are 5 things I currently hate about the game (which are quite minor issues):

1) Auto attack not turning on inbetween ranged attacks. (as ranger)
2) Holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse does nothing, it should move the camera around
3) Having to wait 2 or so seconds between harvests on the same node.
4) Not being able to have any influence on tradeskill crits.
5) Having to be in combat stance before certain actions or attacks happen.
Old 06/05/2009, 10:01   #3

i hate nothing on Aion xD
i think, P2P is a good idea, because people, who can not be online 24/7 all the day, have a better Paysystem.
You only pay, if you play.

what if you can not play, but you have payed for this month?
BOO
Old 06/05/2009, 10:22   #4

What I hate is that it's not playable in the EU for another 6-10 months
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/05/2009, 14:24   #5

hating aion for being p2p is just lol, stupid kiddies with their want everything for free mentality should maybe take a step out of the door and see how live really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubari View Post
What I hate is that it's not playable in the EU for another 6-10 months
its scheduled for q4 thats in 3-6months..
Old 07/05/2009, 06:10   #6

So much limitation in beta test.
Old 07/05/2009, 07:30   #7

The only thing I hated is that... the game almost forces you to farm/craft because I had a Lv 25 Ranger and I dunno about you guys but I had a hard time killing mobs my level...

I had sleep arrow, silence and all the right traps and stuff but eh, it was really tough for me... I ended up re-rolling.
Old 07/09/2009, 13:24   #8

bah.. the first and main problem with the game it's installation.... i dunno about u guys, but it really suxx cuz'
1/Chinese installer really **** me off - i don't understand a word... -.-'
2/it's huge... i have 20GB on my hard drive, but it doesn't let me to install the game...
Old 07/09/2009, 15:03   #9

the only thing that i hate , its the chinesse client and that i cant put v-sync the game , my game running 250fps , with an avg of 150fps , and my graphics card generated alot of hot ( im playing with all max settings with my i7 and a gtx260 Be )
Old 07/09/2009, 15:41   #10

Any attack having the chance to completely interrupt a cast

Healing doesnt scale with gear

Spiritmaster pets don't scale with gear and can't fly

People automatically turn towards those they are attacking

Horrible itemization

Camera doesnt have the option to turn off auto-follow, so you can't target people behind you while running

Character locked down for X seconds after casts

PvPvE is just a fancy word for "we don't care about supporting pvp in this game, so we just make ganking sound like a competitive game aspect"

Game Guard

Luck based crafting system, luck based manastone system, luck based enchanting system

Abyss point system discouraging real PvP (you'll do everything you can to run away to save your abyss points at the slightest hint of a challenge)

And there are a few things I'm forgetting...
Old 07/10/2009, 13:11   #11

Can not play it cause of an aion client error
Old 07/11/2009, 07:45   #12

1.gameguard
2.gameguard
3.gameguard
Old 07/16/2009, 11:34   #13

P2P is a huge drawback = (
Pay2Play works for US/European mmorpgs as thats what everyone is used to, and most WoW (or GW, WHO, AOC, LOTRO etc.) players wouldnt switch to a korean mmorpg due to the big differences. (eg grind, bots, turks xD)
Old 07/16/2009, 12:40   #14

13 euro / 15 $ is not much. just consider that university costs 1400 euro / 1700 $ every year in germany. so what the **** are you talking about these 3 beer. just drink 3 beer less a month and you got it. btw every student can afford these huge amount. so money is available but you just want not to pay for a game....
this is crazy. stop studying or drinking and start gaming. if you dont want to pay just dont go here in this aion forum crying.
you are talking nonsense
Old 07/16/2009, 14:32   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbieter4trala View Post
13 euro / 15 $ is not much. just consider that university costs 1400 euro / 1700 $ every year in germany. so what the **** are you talking about these 3 beer. just drink 3 beer less a month and you got it. btw every student can afford these huge amount. so money is available but you just want not to pay for a game....
this is crazy. stop studying or drinking and start gaming. if you dont want to pay just dont go here in this aion forum crying.
you are talking nonsense
The whole concept of pay2play mmorpgs is stupid. Not only do you pay $60 for the game, you then have to pay $15 a month and an additional $60 for expansion packs every 1-2 years. Then the noobs who buy gold/accounts/gear will have to pay even more, additionally if the game is an absolute grindfest youd have to consider buying a bot when your higher level.

Then theres the free mmorpgs. Pay nothing unless you swear by item mall stuff or are too noob to make gold, unless ofcourse the game is a grindfest - might have to buy a bot. (free mmorpgs have a better dev community anyway though, so chinese bot making teams dont have the monopoly and theres bound to be good free bots so it wudnt cost as much as a p2p mmo)