Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 20:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Aion Chinese RETAIL Client English patch ???(22/04/2009

Discussion on Aion Chinese RETAIL Client English patch ???(22/04/2009 within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Aion Chinese RETAIL Client English patch ???(22/04/2009

Hi to all and sorry that am posting a threat that already exist but I create a new account and I log in the server in chinese and i see that all the old english patches they dont work after retail because the updater always change the language pak (enu) to chinese . Did anyone knows any solution to play in English , sorry again for the post but I have search and try every method on this forum

thanks a lot guys
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2009, 11:05   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo-x View Post
Hi to all and sorry that am posting a threat that already exist but I create a new account and I log in the server in chinese and i see that all the old english patches they dont work after retail because the updater always change the language pak (enu) to chinese . Did anyone knows any solution to play in English , sorry again for the post but I have search and try every method on this forum

thanks a lot guys
Then stop downloading the new client,and download the old one???
Then it will patch to retail,and if your gonna say IT DOESNT WORK
Then why am i playing now in english and same for all the people i gave the link to?

Link to the client i used

You have to download the 5 files,click EXE. . . .install . . . .

EDIT
YEs my client did patch today,and yes i am still playing in english.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/22/2009, 11:34   #3

Mine didn't update, lol wtf. Bullshit. XD
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2009, 15:00   #4

changes?

U know both the chineese pak and english pak has to be in there...

My guess is that you are renaming the english patch to CHN.pak or somthing..
(don't just drag it in there it should not overwrite anything)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2009, 16:47   #5

Nope..it's working fine. You don't have to rename anything.
Cause if you do..it will check the CHN.pak for it's files, and what's written in it, and if it finds ANY difference, it will over-patch it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/24/2009, 17:53   #6

It took me some days to get the English patch working for my client. It's a "new" client, downloaded from sdo.com. Shouldn't matter as long as the files aren't corrupted. You still load the 0.9.5.0.

I copied the ENU.pak to L10N.
I copied the CHS folder and renamed the copy to ENU.
Inside my L10N I now have the files CHS.pak and ENU.pak and the folders CHS and ENU.

I also editet the versionInfo_AION.ini and changed the language settings of my Windows Vista to English (USA).

This still wasn't working so I reinstalled the game on the admin account, changed the language settings to US, applied the english patch files in the same way mentioned above, started the launcher and let it patch.

After that I could play AION in English.

This might work for anybody who is using Vista with a normal user account and having troubles to patch to English up to now. It could especially work if your chinese client showed up in korean before.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/24/2009, 20:20   #7

the client shows only up in chinese when your regional settings are set to chinese doesnt has anything to do with that.
Old 04/24/2009, 22:28   #8

You're right of course. That should be the more common reason why the client would be in Korean. I forgot that.

All I wanted to explain ist that Vista users should go the very safe way when adjusting the regional settings. After that the patch might work.
Old 11/07/2016, 05:23   #9

are you guys playing AIon Taiwan server?