Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 01:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Trick to playing a ranger?

Discussion on Trick to playing a ranger? within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Trick to playing a ranger?

I'm lvl 13 and cannot kill mobs my own level, they always get me first. I only have 2 attack skills at the moment(i use bow) and a trap which needs 'tripseed' which i have no clue how to get. Anyone else playing a ranger that maybe has some tips? is there something i can put in my armour or weapon that will actually make a difference?
Old 04/12/2009, 16:21   #2

I made one...(lvl 17)
I hate it ..........
A gladiator has more armor, and does more damage...
The **** does ranger even excists for >.>
Old 04/12/2009, 17:15   #3

Yeah, I was Ranger lvl 12, yesterday I made a new Character, Warrior and then I wanna be a Gladiator, hell, it´s much easier now.. I´m already lvl 7 I think and I´m doing the Abyss Quest right now ..
Old 04/12/2009, 17:17   #4

I see level 12 rangers taking on lvl 17 monsters by running + jumping and eventually killing the monster.

But the problem is... I think Rangers are the worst for 1 v 1 duels, followed by the guardians, then gladiator.
Old 04/12/2009, 21:48   #5

elite*gold: 3
The Black Market: 172/3/0
hmm, i played today with a Ranger in my party.
He hadn't any problems kill monsters but at the same technic running + jumping
and i see a lv 13 Gladi who killed lv 16 monster -.-

im a Assassin lv 13 and kill lv 15 monster but it isn't easy....
Old 04/12/2009, 22:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derindarbe View Post
hmm, i played today with a Ranger in my party.
He hadn't any problems kill monsters but at the same technic running + jumping
and i see a lv 13 Gladi who killed lv 16 monster -.-

im a Assassin lv 13 and kill lv 15 monster but it isn't easy....
Yeah but the problem is, it takes a lot of time and if behind you are monsters too, you can´t do the Hit & Run tactic without taking more monsters on you ..
And well, for me, it takes too much time to kill monsters..
Old 04/12/2009, 22:28   #7

seriously dont get u guys .. i rly dont hav eny troubles killin even mobs 3 lvls higher then me am almost 14... from lvl 10 to 14 i never used eny potions ..how can it be hard.. since u got that rly nice skil lwich slows em for like 8 secs... tip rangers/hunters r kitting chars.. its not like u just stay in a place and tank the hits .. and expecialy in aion u can shoot while moving(kitting) even some skills.. not just normal atks .. and when u atk aggresive mobs .. look around a bit.. so u can see towards wich place u can kit/run dont go in middle of a group of mobs.. obvious that u cant kite em without 2 or more jumping.... if u dont like to be kitting then ranger is not for you
Old 04/13/2009, 13:10   #8

Does anyone know where to buy 'tripseed' for the trap that rangers get? It would come in handy..
Old 04/13/2009, 14:43   #9

in all games that i played archers rangers always week at low lvl's lets take this game i played Silkroadonline ant low lvl bower do low dmg and realy big sucker till lvl 45
Cabal online Force archer - bull **** why archer need str dex? wtf this dont give to magic archer ataks bla bla bla .. but just u get battle mode 2 i think this is best battle mode of all cabal game Lineage2 - all ragers they realy week and sucks till u make second prof quests ;D Shaiya - Hunters uhhh so suck's at lvling they week have no defence... but just u get lvl 35/ in hard mode u can 1crt almoust anything in pvp ;D
so try get ranger in aion biger lvl just then i can say it suck :P
Old 04/13/2009, 16:13   #10

elite*gold: 3
The Black Market: 172/3/0
@KamikadZee
yeah right!

but in Aion the ranger is not really effectiv if he is solo
Old 04/13/2009, 16:56   #11

ranger rocks i thing you noob

wo kann man eigendlich fallen kaufen?