Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 09:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

problems with launcher/updater

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
problems with launcher/updater

Hi everyone,

Got a problem. Ive DLed the Chinese beta, registered, installed it and patched the english patch. But the problem is when I try to start it, I get the choose region screen, I choose the right one(north china) and when I click the accept button, it just shuts down.

I'm not clicking the cancel button, and the updater never shows up, AT ALL. Ive been trying to fix it and lurking in several posts, but none of the problems match or the fixes don't work.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Old   #2

Why don't you choose North China?
Kind alower population..

Does any error message show up at all?
What's your client version? 0.9.0. or 0.9.5. ?

Old   #3

I get a similar problem as xander414, but I can't even choose a region cuz they're all grayed out. Was playing fine yesterday though. I'm guessing servers are down for maintenance or too busy. Anyone currently able to get on?
Old   #4

Yep.. I can get on..
Check your versionInfo_AION.ini file..if it's all 3 3 3 change it to 0 0 0, start launcher, select the region, let it patch, install the english patch again, change the ini-file into 3 3 3 again, make it read-only and then it should work.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

That did solve the problem, thx a lot Agony X.
Old   #6

ok, i tried the version info thing, I've tried reinstalling. i even got the setup files from someone else i know and did the EXACT same steps they did to get it running.

I'm running 0_9_5_0.
When I start the launcher, i pick north china, and hit the accept button. then it just closes, no error, no anything. The person who I know did the exact same thing as, gets the launcher/updater thing.

when i go into my aion folders i get a playNClauncher text file for every time i try to open it, that says--

saved dump file to 'C:\Program Files\ʢ\֮\PlayNCLauncher 2009-04-11 17-59-57.dmp'

<fault reason>
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I'm starting to think it might be something with my computer, but not sure.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old   #7

i think i got the same error
Old   #8

yeah me too...
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander414 View Post
when i go into my aion folders i get a playNClauncher text file for every time i try to open it, that says--
Do I understand that right..? You are trying to run AION with te NCplayLauncher? You gotta start AION from the shortcut on your desktop always.
Old   #10

no no, i am definately using the shortcut on the desktop, but the text file that shows up in the aion folders is named playnclauncher, and there is a dmp file as well that shows up. one text file and one dmp for every time i click the aion startup icon on the desktop.

Also an odd thing i never had a versionInfo_AION.ini someone else said they had the same problem. i had to get one sent to me from someone else that had it. wonder if it might have something to do with it...

i also did the 3, 3, 3, to 0, 0, 0 thing so thats not it.

Kinda sucks, but if i don't eventually get on ill be getting on with the rest of you guys in about 6-7 months, lol
Old   #11

same problem :/