Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Korean Retail Updater?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hello,

I wondered if anyone could help me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one having that problem :P
I downloaded some time ago the korean open beta game which used to work just fine. I moved from France to the Uk and bought a new computer, i reinstalled the game again, but the version i found from here does not have any updater in it thus i can't update my files. I want to play the retail version for a while but downloading the whole thing sucks from korean servers, I'd rather not download the full thing from there (30kb/s download XD). I have the 8.57 Gb client installed (OB), I'd like to know if any Korean retail player would be kind enough to help me get that PlayNCLauncher file again that would be so much appreciated. Pm me on the boards, msn/email at . Thx in advance !

After downloading the full client from their official website (6.6Gb) and installing (i have vista x64). I still have no PlayNClauncher in my files.
Isn't there any retail player out there that can guide me on what to do next? Do i have to confirm my account, validate a payment, what's the way to make it work? >.<

Help much appreciated...

Nevermind, it took me a while but I figured it out.
For anyone that still wonders, the Official game client seems to have compatibility issues during installation with Vista x64. If you extract/install the game on ur machine it will be missing key files (C:/PlayNC doesn't get created, thus missing PlaynNCLauncher folder and SetupMng folder), a shortcut to run these files will be missing in the main game installation folder (mine is C/program files/plaync/aion_Kor), and somehow, these files NEED to be in these specific folders at these specific location, and can be run only from that shortcut in the main folder.

I did have my laptop still laying around with vista x32 and I got everything i needed on the first installation. copied files the same way onto vista x64 and the updater is running just fine now, currently updating.

What a hassle to run this game under vista x64 >.>

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
I have vista x32 yet i encountered the same problem u stated, after downloading the Korean full client and installing it, my folder was missing the PlayNC file and the only way to start the game was through a "Run" button and when i do it opens up a Launcher which starts downloading an update (i think) and when it ends i receive a weird Korean error, and that's it for me. Anyone knows how to fix this?