Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 21:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Interested in Aion

Discussion on Interested in Aion within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Interested in Aion

Okay i dont know if this is the right thread to post at so kindly edit its location if am mistaken....i havent really played aion but checked some videos and iam really interested in this game as it has great graphics (Prolly the greatest MMO in terms of graphics ive ever seen ) however i have some questions...like does it have good PVP....is there much of a gap between free players and people u use real money in purchasing stuff in the game ( i heard that it went from p2p to f2p) was wondering also if leveling up was an impossible task, is it a grind based game? or do i level good from ENTERTAINING COOL QUESTS? ....are quests entertaining? are all the classes/factions or whtever balanced or is there some over powered classes? is it hard to get strong in this game?? what does it take to be strong at aion? good equipment?? good skills?? high level??.... i wanna know wht u guys think of this game...the reason u like it......sorry for that much of questions but kindly i await a reply )
Old 03/27/2012, 17:50   #2

Nice wall'o'text

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheater3000 View Post
Okay i dont know if this is the right thread to post at
This is the appropriate forum

Quote:
i havent really played aion but checked some videos and iam really interested in this game as it has great graphics (Prolly the greatest MMO in terms of graphics ive ever seen )
Its graphics are good, but I would not say they are the best

Quote:
like does it have good PVP....
It is predominantly PVP, you'd really have to try it for yourself to make the determination as to whether or not it is "good", I like it just fine.

Quote:
is there much of a gap between free players and people u use real money in purchasing stuff in the game ( i heard that it went from p2p to f2p)
F2P starts April 11th (at least officially), so there is no gap right now.

Quote:
are quests entertaining?
Are they ever? [No.]

Quote:
was wondering also if leveling up was an impossible task
There are level 55 players, it is not impossible. It isn't going to happen overnight.

Quote:
are all the classes/factions or whtever balanced or is there some over powered classes?
More or less balanced

Quote:
is it hard to get strong in this game??
Not compared to other games, but it is very relative...

Quote:
what does it take to be strong at aion? good equipment?? good skills?? high level??
Yes, yes, yes. Basically, good gear which is enchanted combined with skill and knowledge of the game. A good Internet connection and computer never hurt either.

Download the trial and see for yourself... you can't experience the game vicariously.
Old 03/27/2012, 18:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Nice wall'o'text

This is the appropriate forum

Its graphics are good, but I would not say they are the best

It is predominantly PVP, you'd really have to try it for yourself to make the determination as to whether or not it is "good", I like it just fine.

F2P starts April 11th (at least officially), so there is no gap right now.

Are they ever? [No.]

There are level 55 players, it is not impossible. It isn't going to happen overnight.

More or less balanced

Not compared to other games, but it is very relative...

Yes, yes, yes. Basically, good gear which is enchanted combined with skill and knowledge of the game. A good Internet connection and computer never hurt either.

Download the trial and see for yourself... you can't experience the game vicariously.
thx for the info dude,however a couple more questions popped in my head...1st iam not an american am not a european am an egyptian so can i access european servers from my country? i also wanna know if it is noob friendly ( i played dc universe online it was good but wasnt noob friendly )
Old 03/27/2012, 18:26   #4

Quote:
thx for the info dude,however a couple more questions popped in my head...1st iam not an american am not a european am an egyptian so can i access european servers from my country? i also wanna know if it is noob friendly ( i played dc universe online it was good but wasnt noob friendly )
I'm full on hardcore everything I do, so I wouldn't really know if it is "noob friendly". From what I've heard about DCUO it was a low curve MMO with basically trivial endgame content. If that's the case and it was too much for you, then I don't think you have much of a chance. No disrespect, but your apparent lack of attention and willingness to look up what is seemingly easy-to-find information leads me to believe you probably won't do well in Aion.

I have not studied the demographics of each server, and there are 3rd party servers. If you want to know about the game itself-- how "hard" it is, or noob-friendly, or those kinds of opinion questions... play it. If you want to know where other Egyptians play, then you should ask Egyptians
Old 03/27/2012, 18:36   #5

Quote:
I'm full on hardcore everything I do, so I wouldn't really know if it is "noob friendly". From what I've heard about DCUO it was a low curve MMO with basically trivial endgame content. If that's the case and it was too much for you, then I don't think you have much of a chance. No disrespect, but your apparent lack of attention and willingness to look up what is seemingly easy-to-find information leads me to believe you probably won't do well in Aion.

I have not studied the demographics of each server, and there are 3rd party servers. If you want to know about the game itself-- how "hard" it is, or noob-friendly, or those kinds of opinion questions... play it. If you want to know where other Egyptians play, then you should ask Egyptians
what i meant about DCUO is that it doesnt offer much information to new newbies...i did try to look up but as u said it has a trivial end game content.....it just simply didnt hook much of my attention ( dcuo i mean ) so i wonder if aion will attract me or not.. idid like dcuo at 1st but it just kept getting too similar...all quests are the same..kill this do that kill the boss...
Old 03/27/2012, 18:48   #6

Quote:
all quests are the same..kill this do that kill the boss...
welcome to MMORPG-land
Old 03/27/2012, 18:54   #7

Quote:
welcome to MMORPG-land
iknow that i know ive been playin mmos for like 5 years now luckily their are some entertaining stuff like the PVP which u made clear that it was good at aion...2 last questions is it a grind based game,how big the installer is ? xD
Old 03/27/2012, 19:00   #8

Maybe just nevermind... if you can't even handle installing the game then surely you won't be able to deal with the soon-to-be 60 levels ahead of you. Just give up now.
Old 03/27/2012, 19:13   #9

Quote:
Maybe just nevermind... if you can't even handle installing the game then surely you won't be able to deal with the soon-to-be 60 levels ahead of you. Just give up now.
i just wana know how big the installer is to know how long its gonna take downloading lol
Old 03/27/2012, 19:22   #10

Quote:
i just wana know how big the installer is to know how long its gonna take downloading lol
300GB
Old 03/28/2012, 02:31   #11

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
@lucid 300gb lol

its round about 13gb if i remember correctly
Old 03/28/2012, 12:11   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraim View Post
@lucid 300gb lol

its round about 13gb if i remember correctly
well the downloader doesn't say how big the game is
Old 03/28/2012, 15:05   #13

Yes it does lol
Old 03/29/2012, 12:44   #14

Quote:
Yes it does lol
it only shows a percentage...i got it from the official site
Old 03/29/2012, 19:11   #15

-I'd tell you Aion is not very noob friendly. You need to learn how it works.
-You can't judge Aion unless you level up to at least 30.
-If you like to "learn stuff", Aion is fantastic.
-Aion has too many stuff to play with (besides doing quest and pvp)
-WHen you reach the top level, your not done, your just starting, there's a lot of other stuff you can do when your're lvl 55/60