Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

.Pak Question

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
.Pak Question

Was Messing around with the Skills.pak and I know that you can break the chain requirement for almost any skill.

I've notice on skills like Aether Flame that requires aether holding state, even if you remove it from the chain you still cant use the flames. It shows you can use it but You cant. Also, I have tried to change the delay Id's so i can use Lv I II III ect. But even if they show its cd, you can still only use one at a time.

I have read that people can use skills I II III on different cds and use aether flame while the target isn't in the air.

Also, I was trying to play around with the proc rate, dmg, range and revised range, and dispel type. But I think that all must be serverside because Nothing seems to make any difference. Am I doing something wrong? If so, anyone mind sharing what im missing or doing wrong? Thanks

Old   #2

elite*gold: 450
Changing delay identifiers will work locally, you should see the visual change (idem for all other modifications). If not, you didn't re-pack the extracted and modified skills definition file (remember that they are loaded in alphabetical order, thus, your new file should be named with something higher in the alphabetical order). Even so, your changes will not affect anything on any decent server, the server will prevent it and possibly ban you for it. If the server does allow it, leave, and never look back -- it's really not worth your time to spend time on such a cheat-prone server.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #3

Well i changed the delay of one of the skills (sorc) to a rangers cd, figuring since i dont have a ranger it wouldnt matter. and the skill cd for it is like 4secs, granted im aware i shouldnt be able to cast the same skill every 4 secs, but when i use mana treatment II it has its own cd, and I and III dont go off, but when I try to use I or III it doesnt do anything.

same in reverse, if i use I or III it will start the shared cd, but II will show no cd, but cant be used until the normal I and III have finished cooling. Also, I tried keeping a clean skills.pak and modified the files and repacked as zSkills.pak and I have tried just extracting the client_skills.xml and modding it, then repacking it alone as zSkills.pak along with Skills.pak. Skills Like Time and Space Jump work. so I know the pak's are working. just not the cd. Im going to assume that because of that. Its more than likely its fixed on that server, just chain checks are not?

my main reason for trying to figure this out, is (sorc) Frost and Soul Absorb for some odd reason are linked. and im trying to unlink them. I dont really think Slowing som1 should count as Stealing hp :P
Old   #4

elite*gold: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0ne View Post
Its more than likely its fixed on that server, just chain checks are not?
Indeed. Ability cool-down is one of the basic and most powerful exploits and is likely to have been fixed on every server. Fortunately there is no way out of this. The fact that chain-skills are not properly checked does say something for your server; it's not very good, may I inquire which server you are doing this on?

Old   #5

Sure I'll pm you it, since I rather not just throw the server name out in the open.