Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 19:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9Dragons' community interests

Discussion on 9Dragons' community interests within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: What kind of stuff do you expect from private server?
new dungeons 33 53.23%
new mobs 25 40.32%
new models 25 40.32%
new maps 23 37.10%
new items 27 43.55%
revamp old content 19 30.65%
stat balance 24 38.71%
role balance 25 40.32%
new craft (resources/collectibles/create) 29 46.77%
low rates (x40 or lower) 8 12.90%
high rates (x300 or higher) 36 58.06%
P2W item mall (e.g. banners) 4 6.45%
OP starter gifts (e.g. PS+ starter weapon, relics) 32 51.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,013
9Dragons' community interests

Hi,

I'm curious about what are you looking for when looking for servers, etc.

No, I'm not going to make server, sharing new stuff, whatsoever. Just want to check people's interests.

I'm going to post only doable things. Also, feel free to post your own ideas.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/09/2017, 20:26   #2

Well i miss acclaim times, when with low exp base and even with just 2x event, the server was crowded... also i miss the times when masters lf league make a schedule to do dungeon runs for low level people to make his epithet.
That was cool... now with all the insane stuff like banners and other things the dungeon bosses look weak
Old 03/09/2017, 22:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0rus. View Post
Well i miss acclaim times, when with low exp base and even with just 2x event, the server was crowded... also i miss the times when masters lf league make a schedule to do dungeon runs for low level people to make his epithet.
That was cool... now with all the insane stuff like banners and other things the dungeon bosses look weak
I actually feel the same way. But, check poll results. That's what was to be expected - nobody, except very few people, cares about old content. Old school game won't get much interest, but it won't be too difficult to make bosses hard again.
Old 03/09/2017, 22:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
I actually feel the same way. But, check poll results. That's what was to be expected - nobody, except very few people, cares about old content. Old school game won't get much interest, but it won't be too difficult to make bosses hard again.
Maybe the cosmetic things can stay and we can edit the stats of items to not be insane...
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/09/2017, 23:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0rus. View Post
Maybe the cosmetic things can stay and we can edit the stats of items to not be insane...
To keep the game harder, you must have some kind of community, like, at least 50 people playing every day. I'd like to see oldschool server (pre-banners), but with more dungeons and/or higher difficulties - what about introducing Superiors to Acclaim version? Only Black passes, but drops would allow you to create currently existing dungeons sets (those with critical damage boost).

I don't like the idea to have massive stat boost on single item, like it is with banners/KL relics. I prefer to make them set - if you get full set, you'd gain twice as much bonus, or something like that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/12/2017, 23:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestBuddyTengerecki View Post
Gonna make a new private server, huh, Adek?
I feel sorry for you that you can't even read the very first post. No, I'm not going to do server. Actually, I know few people that are going to start new ones, though, and I wish that poll will help them choose the things to focus on.

Also, that's why I made votes public - so I can skip yours.
Old 03/13/2017, 06:04   #7

Personally I dont like a grindfest leveling is okay but I dont wanna do 100 boring dungeon to get 1 piece gear don't have time or paitence anymore its not fun, I just wanna PVP. Farm for gear is okay but don't do any ridiculous hard dungeon with pseudo difficulty like doing 1k damage and going afk for an hour to kill boss.
Old 03/13/2017, 09:43   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehacker12 View Post
Personally I dont like a grindfest leveling is okay but I dont wanna do 100 boring dungeon to get 1 piece gear don't have time or paitence anymore its not fun, I just wanna PVP. Farm for gear is okay but don't do any ridiculous hard dungeon with pseudo difficulty like doing 1k damage and going afk for an hour to kill boss.
What about high difficulty boss with low HP and/or def? Likely you can be killed in one or two shots (without AoE attacks), but with party, you can farm the boss quickly. Or maybe some tricky bosses, like the YYBS ones (e.g. low Yin resistance, but not really possible to kill with 'normal' or other YYBS dmg). I'm looking for something to have fun around. Not really sure if it's possible to bring YYBS system to mobs, but whatever.
Old 03/13/2017, 14:45   #9

Quote:
What about high difficulty boss with low HP and/or def? Likely you can be killed in one or two shots (without AoE attacks), but with party, you can farm the boss quickly. Or maybe some tricky bosses, like the YYBS ones (e.g. low Yin resistance, but not really possible to kill with 'normal' or other YYBS dmg). I'm looking for something to have fun around. Not really sure if it's possible to bring YYBS system to mobs, but whatever.
Feel like a longer dungeon with more mechanics and a boss that doesnt take too long to kill is better like the traditional dungeons SCM. If you have to go afk for a dungeon I think its bad just look how 9dpk is losing players after HG clothes released.
Old 03/13/2017, 15:02   #10

Quote:
Feel like a longer dungeon with more mechanics and a boss that doesnt take too long to kill is better like the traditional dungeons SCM. If you have to go afk for a dungeon I think its bad just look how 9dpk is losing players after HG clothes released.
So, in other words, more mechanics, weaker (or, easier-to-kill) bosses. I think dungeons shouldn't be that easy to solo them out, though. I think making dungeon runs like:
Code:
purple = { rewards: low, party: 1-2 people};
green = {rewards: mid, party: 3-5 people};
red = {rewards: high, party: 6-9 people};
would be just fine. It would differ with mobs count and level, and maybe some mechanics would be skipped on purple/green runs.

If there was a possibility to make King Jin's difficulty vary on party size, it means it's possible to do different amount of mobs/bosses to spawn (and same goes for chests, as well).

Those are just my ideas based on your reply. Feel free to post whether you like those or no (and what would you change).
Old 03/13/2017, 17:19   #11

Well this is something most p.servers should have done before starting them.

1) Low exp have no sense at all, specially when low lvls doesn`t reward you with anything.
Is it posible to make the exp "dynamic"? For example: 300x till Icy. Then 100x till Tibet and from there x40...
Also, old 9dragons players are bored of grinding levels over and over again, my tought tho.
2) Shinny things is what most people want (specially new players), so new content is a "must" to me.

3) I play mostly for the PVE part, i like running dungeons, exploring and grinding gear (but doing 100 runs for 1 piece of it seems like a LOT)

4) PK in low lvls is what kills ALL the servers, EVERY server lost his players bcs of this.
So i thinkg the best formula would be BP + regular pvp events to keep the boiiis active.

5) Lack of information for new players, these has always been something i regret not having on any p.server

6) Low ref rates below +10. This to me is useless and a p2w feature.

7) Balance of roles is not good to me, Warrior/Nuker for pvp and pve (warr) and Healer/HyB for mostly pve (even tho ck healer is *** in pvp).

9) RELICS RUINED THIS GAME, specially KL ones.
Old 03/13/2017, 18:06   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPAM View Post
Well this is something most p.servers should have done before starting them.

1) Low exp have no sense at all, specially when low lvls doesn`t reward you with anything.
Is it posible to make the exp "dynamic"? For example: 300x till Icy. Then 100x till Tibet and from there x40...
Also, old 9dragons players are bored of grinding levels over and over again, my tought tho.
2) Shinny things is what most people want (specially new players), so new content is a "must" to me.

3) I play mostly for the PVE part, i like running dungeons, exploring and grinding gear (but doing 100 runs for 1 piece of it seems like a LOT)

4) PK in low lvls is what kills ALL the servers, EVERY server lost his players bcs of this.
So i thinkg the best formula would be BP + regular pvp events to keep the boiiis active.

5) Lack of information for new players, these has always been something i regret not having on any p.server

6) Low ref rates below +10. This to me is useless and a p2w feature.

7) Balance of roles is not good to me, Warrior/Nuker for pvp and pve (warr) and Healer/HyB for mostly pve (even tho ck healer is god in pvp).

9) RELICS RUINED THIS GAME, specially KL ones.
1. It IS possible, but it has just one condition. That's how it worked for Zeron. If you find greatest common divisor for the rates you want to set up and (highestExpOnMap/gcd ≤20.0) - it's possible. Not sure if x20 was the max value possible to set on single map, but I think it was something around that.

2. Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether all effects are visible. I mean, some of them may look client-side only, so other players won't see them. But, yeah, "shiny" stuff was always the thing that kept the players. Making completely new visual effects seems like pain in the ass, though, after you see Plastic's structure.

3. Well, yeah. That's quite the truth. I'd rather separate those massive item drops to mobs on some map, then keep more valuable items on bosses and/or in dungeon.

4. Even with that, there would be bunch of Tengeretards that will do it. It'd reduce the amount of them, though.

5. Truth be told, the only private server that had newbie's guide was Play9D. Ironically, that was written by me.

6. I don't like current refinement system. I'd rather change the damage boost on "low" refinements (so, basically, skip +3~+6) and make +12 = +15 visual effect. So, damage would be the same, you don't need to relog for such annoying purpose like getting weapon upgrade (like it used to be on Zeron, or how it works on 9DS afaik) or looking for GM to upgrade your weapon to +15.

7. If you are a PvE player and you played nuker/healer, you should know that you can't overdmg average warrior. That's what I mean for balance. Also, PvP balance would be good imo, especially nukers aren't that good as they used to be.

8. You skipped 8th point.

9. I think the same, though the PvE seems way easier. And boring.
Old 03/13/2017, 19:50   #13

First, thanks for the answers.

7) Yeah i mostly played PVE. And i know about warriors outdmg anyone, but balancing for PVP would also "balance" for PVE too..and that`s gonna miss what to me is the soul of 9dragons. Teamwork.

And this is also another topic of discussion, how to make content "harder" when there`s no actual comunitty to teamwork with? Most of this teams are pk retards *cough* zozonub *cough* or the entire VN family that grinds non stop 24/7 365 days.

8) my bad

9)PVE beeing way easier make`s it boring too tbh. I think that RED BANNER is enough for PVE and not so game breaking in pvp as the other banners.
Old 03/13/2017, 23:26   #14

Quote:
So, in other words, more mechanics, weaker (or, easier-to-kill) bosses. I think dungeons shouldn't be that easy to solo them out, though. I think making dungeon runs like:
Code:
purple = { rewards: low, party: 1-2 people};
green = {rewards: mid, party: 3-5 people};
red = {rewards: high, party: 6-9 people};
would be just fine. It would differ with mobs count and level, and maybe some mechanics would be skipped on purple/green runs.

If there was a possibility to make King Jin's difficulty vary on party size, it means it's possible to do different amount of mobs/bosses to spawn (and same goes for chests, as well).

Those are just my ideas based on your reply. Feel free to post whether you like those or no (and what would you change).
Yea thats fine but some of these new dungeons has so high HP and Defense on purple its takes forever or is really difficult with this current content and 65k cap

Also having bosses in pve maps so people compete over it is good but the only down side is it being monopolized
Old 03/13/2017, 23:44   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPAM View Post
First, thanks for the answers.

7) Yeah i mostly played PVE. And i know about warriors outdmg anyone, but balancing for PVP would also "balance" for PVE too..and that`s gonna miss what to me is the soul of 9dragons. Teamwork.

And this is also another topic of discussion, how to make content "harder" when there`s no actual comunitty to teamwork with? Most of this teams are pk retards *cough* zozonub *cough* or the entire VN family that grinds non stop 24/7 365 days.

8) my bad

9)PVE beeing way easier make`s it boring too tbh. I think that RED BANNER is enough for PVE and not so game breaking in pvp as the other banners.
7. We once had nice community @ Project Alpha - small, but we could deal even with VNs with 2 people (hey there, @). So it's doable, possible, etc.

Just small digression about the so-called balance - contains my personal opinion about PA and its stat/role balance. If you don't care, just skip it - if you are going to say some shit around, leave before clicking the SPOILER button:

8. No problem.

9. Red banner isn't game breaking, not like it used to be. I still prefer white/double banners instead of giving players +800 def for starters. Add +800 def set from Tibet (or at least WD 600 def), some STR/DEF and you can start tanking stuff with your nuker. (well, that's an exaggeration, but you see the point)

Quote:
Yea thats fine but some of these new dungeons has so high HP and Defense on purple its takes forever or is really difficult with this current content and 65k cap

Also having bosses in pve maps so people compete over it is good but the only down side is it being monopolized
That's why I said about making bosses low hp, but with high def. Though you'd be able to make easy dmg via YYBS.

Making maps with bosses PvP will be even worse. It may sound Pay-To-Win'ish, but what about Premium-only map/dungeon? So those bosses would spawn and those who pay for passes will gain a possibility to farm those. Still farming your stuff that you paid for seems more legitimate than buying +17 HG weapon with full banners set. And you would be able to trade passes.

Tags
9dragons, content, interest, server, stuff