Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to Advertise Your Server!

Discussion on [Guide] How to Advertise Your Server! within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] How to Advertise Your Server!

Many peoples' realms fall because of alot of things, but the number one issue is not enough people on their realm. This guide is to help you get the word out.

Step 1: Professionality
Step 2: Legit
Step 3: Actual Advertising

Step 1: Professionality
This is major on getting your server to be popular. You most exhibit the following characterisitics:
-Using proper grammar
-Using proper capitalization; nobody likes a server called the doom realms
-Don't name your realms stupid stuff like: Barney Returns Realms
-Try to specialize your server off one realm, then expand
-Try not to give the player too much, look at the top servers, none of the top servers do it
-Get a domain name; if you can't, make your realmlist look professional and short (examplerealms.servegame.org)
-Have professional GMs. They don't use .announce or .wannounce exept for the upmost important things. Make sure they use proper English
-Don't use Hamachi, I don't care if you can't do it with a DynDNS, hamachi servers suck terribly and will never get anywhere
-Have a professional website
-Only advertise a completed (or 95% completed) realm

Step 2: Legit
You have to proove that your server is legitamate and is not some server run by noobs. The best way to promote this is to post Youtube videos of your server, even though they may not get many views, when people don't believe your server specs, just pop em that link to that youtube video.

Step 3: Advertising
I can't even begin, to start with your going to have to spend some $$$. Heres what you should buy: Google and Yahoo Adcredits. They cost either $25 or $50 and I would recommend you buy them for the tag "Private server". I also recommend you get a professional banner (Flash or Animated) and also write up an ad that you are going to put on sites like *******. Every emulation site has one, just search around. You also are going to want to take advantage of ANY social relationships you have: Ex. Friends. Tell them and they will tell others ext. Make sure that you remember the facts from Step 1. You may also want to upgrade your computer.

Running a private server is risky, as you, to have a successful server, have to spend some money in the beginning. I would recommend that you have a budget, lets say $80 a month. You will definatly loose some at the beginning but you probably will gain it back over time. As your server gains more and more people, upgrade so that your income and spent are near the same until you are with only the best. I would recommend that you only do donations like: Premade Characters, Mounts, Gold and not things like Custom Donator Gear. This ruins alot of the point of a server.

Your also going to want to join sites like Xtremetop100 and WoW-V Server listings. Give your members gifts, like, free gnome masks if you reach your goal for the week. Be reallistic. Don't expect to be in the Top 50 in a few days, that can take weeks. Most importantly, have fun. Running a private server is risky, and should definatly not be required upon to earn large amounts of cash.

So long and I hope this helped,
-KrookedBlade