Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft
You last visited: Today at 16:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

WoW auf dem Handy zocken ;D

Discussion on WoW auf dem Handy zocken ;D within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Sry hatte kein Bock es zu Übersetzen aber ein bisschen Englisch schadet euch nicht

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hey guys. (for now, just pics...but tutorial will come later)
I was waiting to post this for a long time, but never had time to compile a guide.
Anyways, I have finally done it. I installed world of Warcraft on my Sony Ericsson cell phone. Model is w810.

I am currently working to make it work on Motorlas (RAZR v3i and other motorolas and some Nokias.

To actually play it, you would need unlimited data package from your cell phone provider.
Otherwise the costs will be insane.

I cant post tutorial now due to not having a video camera, but once i find my webcam, i will record it and show you the tutorial.

IF YOU HAVE SONY ERICSSON W810 AND 2GB MEMORY CARD, THEN YOU ARE READY! Otherwise, you have to wait for tutorials for other models/brands.

Few things to think before you do this:

-Insane data charges if you dont have unlimited data package.
-Can not play in subways or elevators or anywhere else where your cell phone does not work.
- You are limited to only 10 skills (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 keypads).
However i think most chars don't need that many skills.
-The speed is god because WoW doesn't require that much of a good conection.
-You can not have macros. I know it sucks but you will have to do without macros.
-And of course no big mods like CT_RA. Only tiny mods which dont require too much power. For example, titan bar = not too big mod...but raid assist is frigging huge.
-You need a cell phone with at least 1.5GB of memory. Most cellphones dont have that much, but that's why there are memory cards. So obviously yourt phone needs to have memory card slot that can support up to 2GB memory (WoW itself takes 1.5GB of data on memory card...so you have 500MB for your cellphone needs like mp3/videos/pics/etc)
-While you play WoW, you can not listen to MP3 player built in your phone. Nor you can take pictures.
-Chatting is hard, but doable...because you have to use cellphone keypad text just like you type text message.
-You CAN NOT change the toolbar icons. Or you can but i havent found a way to. For example, if you want Earth Shock on button 1, you can not change it to button 2 using your cellphone....u have to do it on your comp, and then it will get updated on ur cellphone once you log out.
-QUALITY IS MUCH BETTER THAN ON THESE PICTURES.
I have no other camera at the moment, so i have to use an old crappy cell phone camera to take picture of the main cell phone, and lightning is poor. But quality of the gameplay is much better due to nice quality LCD of Sony Ericssons

Some early pics, will post video later.
And tutorial also. (Please don't PM me and ask to make it work for your specific model of the phone. I cant do that because top actually make it work, i need the phone itself in front of me.) Right now i am working on Motorolla RAZR.

Loading Screen (it loads a bit longer than on desktop, and it lags the same ..just like in Orgrimmar on a real comp.)

1 pic from actual gameplay. This is from WSG match. we won by the way...and id diont lag a bit!
you can se the screen to be vertical like here, or horizontal..but horizontal makes it look weird.
It takes time to get used to playing vertically, but i got used to it and already can do instances which require fast responce times
(there is a 0.5 second delay on all spells...just like u get on regular 56k connection)

Old 11/18/2006, 01:39   #2

elite*gold: 2
ROFL hab zwar ken handy noch aba so nice +k^^
Old 11/18/2006, 09:13   #3

wie willsten das steuern :P
Old 11/18/2006, 09:21   #4

Was ist das für ein Handy?
Old 11/18/2006, 09:56   #5

I installed world of Warcraft on my Sony Ericsson cell phone. Model is w810.

sagt alles oder ?
Old 11/18/2006, 10:01   #6

Habs übersehen :?
Old 11/18/2006, 10:07   #7

Fake.
Oder seit wann unterstützen Handys OpenGL / DX?
Old 11/18/2006, 10:30   #8

Gibs auch ne Quelle?
Old 11/18/2006, 10:52   #9

Quote:
Fake.
Oder seit wann unterstützen Handys OpenGL / DX?
Stimme dir 100% zu^^
Old 11/18/2006, 10:56   #10

elite*gold: 7
IF YOU HAVE SONY ERICSSON W810 AND 2GB MEMORY CARD, THEN YOU ARE READY! Otherwise, you have to wait for tutorials for other models/brands.

also mein wow ordner is allein schon 6gb groß mit screens wie soll dann das aufn Handy passen? is der nich schon nach der installation 3-4gb ?
Old 11/18/2006, 10:57   #11

rofl.. das wäre ja mal zu geil
Old 11/18/2006, 11:11   #12

I sag nur Fake² ^^
Old 11/18/2006, 12:31   #13

Quelle is irgendso ne japanische Seite ^^ find den Link leider nimmer
Old 11/18/2006, 12:34   #14

Sowieso fake...

Wie will man auch die 1k Buttons mit 15 Knöpfen betätigen?

Very Strange oô
Old 11/18/2006, 12:42   #15

schaut euch die bilder an, die sind einfach zurecht geschnitten :>